Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
College_Student
Settled in Forks

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Post by College_Student »

This is pure, unadulterated speculation. But there is one line in Stephenie's message on her website that caught my attention. She said that the leak came from a trusted source and that they had the manuscript for a good purpose. A good purpose implies something above and beyond the norm, like giving it to your publisher (and I doubt a publisher would be stupid enough to make that mistake). If you gave it to a trusted friend or family member, you'd probably leave it be at trusted individual, because you wouldn't really consider that for a good purpose, and again that phraising implies something above and beyond. So that rules out business and personal; what's left? The one place we all know that she gave a copy of her manuscript other than that was to certain people involved in the Twilight movie. That would be considered a good purpose, to help them understand Edward's character. I'd bet good money that that's how it got out, although I won't speculate on how, since Stephenie believes there was no malicious intent.
sweetness1901
Settled in Forks

Post by sweetness1901 »

I am so devastated about the recent Midnight Sun news. I am not sure if this is where we are meant to discuss it, I just couldn't find anywhere else.
It is so unfair that someone has ruined this book for all of us. I cannot even begin to explain how much I was looking forward to this book. I have been hanging for it since I read the first chapter last year. Now to know I may never read the whole book or have a bound version beside my other books, is just heartbreaking.
I feel so bad for Stephenie too. She must feel so betrayed.
However, I cannot help but feel a little annoyed that all of her dedicated, honest fans are being punished for one persons deception. Now, because of one horrible person, we all miss out on one of the most anticipated books in the series.
Then there are rumors on the net that it was deliberately leaked! That cannot be. Why are people so horrible??
Hopefully, Stephenie can rise about all of these negative events and Edward can finish his story. We are all behind you Stephenie, no matter what!
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Post by Likeasunburn »

Soubiluv98 wrote:Stephenie really DOESN'T care about us the fans, if she doesn't take this back.
SHE DOESN'T CARE.
I'm just so upset right now.
Who else feels like she just gave ALL OF US the finger?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, that was just chock full of crazy. Is it naptime by any chance?
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Likeasunburn wrote:
Soubiluv98 wrote:Stephenie really DOESN'T care about us the fans, if she doesn't take this back.
SHE DOESN'T CARE.
I'm just so upset right now.
Who else feels like she just gave ALL OF US the finger?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, that was just chock full of crazy. Is it naptime by any chance?

LOLOLOL...ahhhh.....funny
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

Wow, I haven't been to SM website in a month, so I had no idea until I came here what had happened. What a betrayal I understand how she could be hurt. If decides not to write MS in published form, then I'm sure her fans will understand in time, I know I do. However, I hope sometime down the road, she takes this whole situation and turns it around. Sometime things happen that force us to stop and reevaluate a situation. Maybe its time for her to stop and just be with her love ones for awhile. I am grateful to her for bring back my love of reading and a sense of romance that I thought was long gone.
TeamNessie
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamNessie »

I'm so MAD this happend this person whoever it was that RUINED itt for all of us, should really feel ashamed of themselves, like really why would u ever do something like that, not only did they let down Stephenie BIG TIME but they also let all of us down.
I was looking forward to this book since she mentioned she was actually gonna release it, i was so excited to finally hear Edwards side of the story and now TOTAL LET DOWN. And i'm not upset with SM not at all i can totally understand how she feels, i just hope that sometime soon she can get inspired again and continue writting it. :?

We love u SM hope u get through this....
Love you always Edward and Bella
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

She is such a wonderful writer. I can't believe she is allowing us to read it. I had no plans to look for it. It breaks my heart because its really good no matter what she said about errors and such. I pray she finishes it someday, its just too good for her not too.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
delighted_one
Settled in Forks

Post by delighted_one »

I like that she is finishing Midnight Sun which i can really not wait for. I'm so excited about it. Taking a break would probably be a good idea i know it must be tiring. I just wonder if any other book or series she writes will be as good as the twilight series...
College_Student
Settled in Forks

Post by College_Student »

Delighted One: You should check out SM's website. She is no longer finishing Midnight Sun, due to a leak of an unfinished draft of it. That's why everyone on here's so sad.
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

I read her post about the video she is directing. She seems to be in a much better mood and moving on with something will surely help. I hope that she doesn't give up on Midnight Sun. But, in the meantime, I look forward to the other things she is going to work on.