What is Stephenie working on?

Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DazzleMe4ever
Settled in Forks
Location: On the back of Edward Cullen, running through the wilderness.

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Post by DazzleMe4ever »

I Would like to see how Jacob and Renesmee end up! maybe steph will write about That online or.......dare I say it.....A BOOK!
ME AND MY FRIENDS HAVE WRITTEN SOME COOL ALTERNATE ENDINGS ON http://www.DazzleMeEdward.piczo.com we are currntly working on making this site DAZZLY :D
"Isabella Swan?" He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes,his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. "I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever. Will you marry me?"
*+Edward+*
Jaspersgirl43
Settled in Forks

Post by Jaspersgirl43 »

I do want a midnight sun but i rather have a book in jasper point of view but i can't wait for the soul i the host!!!! I am so glad bella went for someones throat :D :D :D
Ithaca
Settled in Forks

Post by Ithaca »

From Ellen's website:

"Every teenager in the country is reading STEPHENIE MEYER'S "Twilight" series of books (and will soon be watching the movies!). I am thrilled to announce that Stephenie is giving me a rare TV interview on Wednesday! Her latest book in the series, "Breaking Dawn," is about a teenage girl who is torn between her love for a caring vampire and a sweet-natured werewolf. (Why are the good ones always taken?!) Stephenie was also writing a new book from Edward the Vampire's point of view, but certain chapters got leaked online, and now she might not even release it! (I'm gonna try my best to talk her into it, or at least have her give me the scoop on what happens!) "

The episode airs this Wednesday, September 17th.

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/thisweek/
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

waiting tobe dazzled wrote:Despite the fact that Midnight Sun is only a rough draft and contains only 12 chapters, I believe that is an amazing piece of literary work. My single wish concerning this book would be that SM would be kind enough to finish it. I understand why she has put it off and realize that it is her right as an author to do so. She has been quoted in saying that she has the best fans in the world (which being one I completly believe), i hope that her belief in this will let her finish this book; if not wouldn't it be as if she is in some ways punishing these fans for someone's mistakes?? I know that myself and many of my friends would still be eager to buy the published version

I haven't read what had been posted of Midnight Sun, but I definitely agree with what you said about us fan's being punished for another's error. I am not bashing SM at all, but if she really and truly believed in telling Edward's side of the story, then she would continue writing it. I'm not saying that she has to jump right back in and write, but she shouldn't say its on hold indefinitely.. I know that it was a bump in the road and the leak threw her off a bit..but the story is already there..Midnight Sun is just a glimpse in to Edward's mind and not Bella's.

~~~Edited Post 09/16/2008~~~
So after reading the MTV News Blog on Kellan Lutz input on Midnight Sun, I kind of have to say that I agree with his insight on the topic of whether it should be completed or not..and in the amount of time that it should be projected for completion. Here is the link to the article: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/09/15/tw ... night-sun/

sgrlstar1
Settled in Forks

Post by sgrlstar1 »

Well that is cool Stephanie will be on Ellen on Wednesday, hopefully she will talk about the Midnight Sun book, maybe later she will write the book on Edwards point of view?
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

G-Faerie08 wrote:
I haven't read what had been posted of Midnight Sun, but I definitely agree with what you said about us fan's being punished for another's error. I am not bashing SM at all, but if she really and truly believed in telling Edward's side of the story, then she would continue writing it. I'm not saying that she has to jump right back in and write, but she shouldn't say its on hold indefinitely.. I know that it was a bump in the road and the leak threw her off a bit..but the story is already there..Midnight Sun is just a glimpse in to Edward's mind and not Bella's.

~~~Edited Post 09/16/2008~~~
So after reading the MTV News Blog on Kellan Lutz input on Midnight Sun, I kind of have to say that I agree with his insight on the topic of whether it should be completed or not..and in the amount of time that it should be projected for completion. Here is the link to the article: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/09/15/tw ... night-sun/

[/color]

Okay let me say I wasn't to impressed by the movie clips of Twilight. So I had no plans of seeing it until it was released on video. (don't hurt me) However, after reading this and if understand right, the guy who plays Edward actually wrote Bella's lullaby even though now there not going to use it. I might change my mind we'll see.

I agree that SM should take some time relax and do other things. When she ready to give us the completed MS, will be here.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

AHHHHH! Ellen dind't ask SM about Midnight Sun! Grrrr...
sinamongurl
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: My body is in Pennsylvania, but my heart is in Forks!!

Post by sinamongurl »

MRK wrote:AHHHHH! Ellen dind't ask SM about Midnight Sun! Grrrr...
yes, that was extremely disappointing
it was only like 5 minutes long
i dont think she gave the series enough justice

poo on her
Team Robert--He is Edward incarnate!!
grbnte
Settled in Forks

Post by grbnte »

I was very disappointed in Ellen's interview. They should have given Stephenie an entire show to discuss the books and her plans for future projects, like if she will ever finish Midnight Sun and if she's going to do a follow-up to The Host! I know I want more of Wanda and Ian and everyone else in the caves!!! Do you think Stephenie's necklace was supposed to represent the one that Aro gave to Bella as a wedding present in BD?? It made me think of it!!
singleduetoedward
Learning to Love Green

Post by singleduetoedward »

aww I was disappointed with the interview, it was so short! But SM looked beautiful as always
My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?