Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Rosanesmee
Wandering Through Town

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Post by Rosanesmee »

Oh my gosh. It felt so weird to read Twilight again after reading Midnight Sun. Did anyone feel slightly creeped out with all the ways Edward was thinking of killing Bella? Wow. I cannot wait to read it. I'm kind of worried about the whole time travel thing. I'm not one for time travel stories, I've thought about it - my dad and I had the weirdest conversation - and I absolutely know it can never happen. It's kind of a paradox.

Cannibal mermaids? Did I just read what I thought I read? That could be interesting. I would love to see that!

The Host was incredible but I'm not sure about a sequel. I guess they did find others in the end, it could carry on with them. That would be cool actually.

And finally, I love ghost stories. LOVE them. Although half the time I get scared and stay up late with the light on contemplating whether I should go to bed or not. But a ghost story by Stephenie would be awesome. Her vampires didn't scare me half to death so maybe her ghosts won't.

Whatever she does, I know it will rock!

But she does need a break, five books in four years is definitely excuse enough for a rest. I just have to find something at least half as good to read while I'm waiting. :? Hmm, could be tough.
Once you go Black, you never go back! <3 Jacob
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I am so very excited about Midnight Sun! I read the first chapter (on Stephenie's website) as soon as I finished Breaking Dawn. So far, it is amazing! I cannot wait to read the whole thing. I think it will be really interesting - and long, but that's never stopped me before - to read.

I think I should probably start reading some of Stephenie's other works, haha. Have any of you read The Host? If so, it is any good?
PM me because I'm going to forget to come back here and check for responses :P
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
dazzle_me
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzle_me »

I can't wait for Midnight Sun. I read the first chapter on SM's website back in early August and am totally anxious for the entire book. I can't wait to hear Edwards thoughts on things that happened AND the thoughts of everyone else that he hears as well.

I have also read The Host and love it! :D There are some great underlying messages about tolerance for others, first impressions/assumptions being totally off base and SM's great talent of writing a love story so pure that you wish it was you! I do have to say when I read the end of The Host, I could tell that it left the ending open enough for a sequel. I can see a few different directions she could go with continuing the story, but I hope she doesn't and leaves it as is. I felt the ending gave enough closure to the story.

What are everyone else's thoughts on a Host sequel?
If you love something, set it free...if you REALLY love something, watch it sleep through a window.
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

I just read on the news blog that SM will be directing a Jack's Mannequin video. That's a big leap - from author to video director. I'm anxious to see it. :)
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Post by Likeasunburn »

Days like today, situations like this, make me really miss the days when the Lexicon didn't have any pretty graphics (cept for Michelle Branch-lookin Bella up there... STILL trying to figure that one out...) and it was just Alphie, Pel, Stephenie, and about 50 fangirls sitting around and yaking about books, bumper stickers, and the Spice Girls.
iloveEdwardCullen'92
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveEdwardCullen'92 »

I am truly upset about what happened with Midnight Sun! :cry: I sincerely hope that whoever has done this will get punished because they have ruined it for everyone now! And I hope that Midnight Sun still get's published sometime in the future because at the moment it looks like it is not going to happen. Which makes me really want to cry because it seemed like such a good story and without it I feel like the Twilight Saga is truly over since she has already finished Breaking Dawn. I wish the Best to Stephenie because I am sure that she feels betrayed but i also want her to know that all of her fans are not like this. I honestly do not want to read what she has posted from Midnight Sun because then it would really feel like i am betraying her. But if Midnight Sun never does get published well maybe i'll read it. But for now i just want to hope for the best and hope that she can eventually ge back to writing a wonderful story that i am sure everyone will love. The Best of luck to Stephenie!! :)

And So the Lion Fell in love with the Lamb......
Edward my love <3
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

iloveEdwardCullen'92 wrote:I am truly upset about what happened with Midnight Sun! :cry: I sincerely hope that whoever has done this will get punished because they have ruined it for everyone now! And I hope that Midnight Sun still get's published sometime in the future because at the moment it looks like it is not going to happen. Which makes me really want to cry because it seemed like such a good story and without it I feel like the Twilight Saga is truly over since she has already finished Breaking Dawn. I wish the Best to Stephenie because I am sure that she feels betrayed but i also want her to know that all of her fans are not like this. I honestly do not want to read what she has posted from Midnight Sun because then it would really feel like i am betraying her. But if Midnight Sun never does get published well maybe i'll read it. But for now i just want to hope for the best and hope that she can eventually ge back to writing a wonderful story that i am sure everyone will love. The Best of luck to Stephenie!! :)
I second that...I'm gonna try to not read whats posted (The version with Steph's blessing) cause I don't want to ruin it...I was sooo looking forward to MS...*sigh*
I understand why she would be too upset though...I mean, I'm upset and I didn't even write it!
So Good luck Steph...I hope you feel the call again to write a *Nice* (no killin' Cullens lol) version of MS soon. There are those who did this nasty thing...and all the rest of us who love and support your work!
~Misty
Soubiluv98
Wandering Through Town

Post by Soubiluv98 »

I'm not reading any form of "crap" draft whether SM posts it or not.
Honestly I'm offended, I'm a HUGE fan of her work.
I've devoted so much, and now this??
SHE PROMISED.
She said it time and time again in countless interviews that we would get Midnight Sun.
She needs to take this back. For the sake of her reputation.

As a last note i would like to say Stephenie really DOESN'T care about us the fans, if she doesn't take this back.
SHE DOESN'T CARE.
I'm just so upset right now.
Who else feels like she just gave ALL OF US the finger?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thou shalt not eat of it
thou shalt surely die
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Soubiluv98 wrote:I'm not reading any form of "crap" draft whether SM posts it or not.
SHE PROMISED.
She said it time and time again in countless interviews that we would get Midnight Sun.

As a last note i would like to say Stephenie really DOESN'T care about us the fans, if she doesn't take this back.
SHE DOESN'T CARE.
I understand you're upset, but it isn't her fault someone ripped off her work. She devoted so much of her time and energy into this project, just to have someone ruin it for everyone...including her. Think how you feel Xs 10!
She didn't say she would NEVER publish it, just that she had to feel up to continuing it right now.
I dunno, I think we should be supporting her right now, instead of accusing her. She cares enough about the fans to give them a properly finnished piece.
Thanks Steph. :)
I think you're doing the right thing even if I'm a little bummed!
spagirlval
Settled in Forks

Post by spagirlval »

MRK wrote:
Soubiluv98 wrote:I'm not reading any form of "crap" draft whether SM posts it or not.
SHE PROMISED.

SHE DOESN'T CARE.
I understand you're upset, but it isn't her fault someone ripped off her work. She devoted so much of her time and energy into this project, just to have someone ruin it for everyone...including her. Think how you feel Xs 10!
She didn't say she would NEVER publish it, just that she had to feel up to continuing it right now.
I dunno, I think we should be supporting her right now, instead of accusing her. She cares enough about the fans to give them a properly finnished piece.
Thanks Steph. :)
I think you're doing the right thing even if I'm a little bummed!
I'm right there with you MRK, It is not her fault. She's just pissed(sorry for the language, but she is)!
I'm sure someday she will get back to it. Probably not anytime soon.
[