Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
needwingstofly
Settled in Forks

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Post by needwingstofly »

I was hoping the same - that we would get some new information to sink our teeth into :)
I go to her website ten times a day to see if there are updates. I was hoping for a clip of the movie or SOMETHING on Ellen. I bet SM was walking away at the end of the show going, "what the hell did I fly out here for?"
Pixie_elora
Settled in Forks

Post by Pixie_elora »

i thought that she wasnt going to finish midnight sun since it was relased to the net without her permision?
Please Click My Eggs Are Dying They Need to Be clicked on to hatch
ImageImageImage
Erica816
Settled in Forks

Post by Erica816 »

http://www.petitiononline.com/09131987/petition.html

Here is a site I found were you can sign a petition to get Stephenie Meyer to finish Midnight Sun so please go sign since we all want to hear it from Edwards side.

Thanks!
Erica
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

College_Student
Settled in Forks

Post by College_Student »

Erica816 wrote:http://www.petitiononline.com/09131987/petition.html

Here is a site I found were you can sign a petition to get Stephenie Meyer to finish Midnight Sun so please go sign since we all want to hear it from Edwards side.

Thanks!
Erica
The whole idea of this petition seems incredibly unfair to me, not to mention counterproductive. Stephenie Meyer has had a lot to deal with, because the leak of someone's work is more than a leak of words; it is a leak of who he or she is. It's very personal. She does not need a group of people demanding their Twilight fix via petition. She needs to take some time for herself, and from what I've heard her say on the matter, she knows this, and no petition is going to change that. Furthermore, a petition from her fans is only going to lay more stress on her shoulders, which is going to make it even more difficult for her to write. I'm upset about Midnight Sun just like everyone else. I, too, think it is unfair to her fans that it's not being released. HOWEVER, I understand her need to just chill for a while. Leave her alone. We'll probably get something new quicker that way. Not to mention the small fact that it's just the right thing to do.

Let's please not turn Mrs. Meyer against ALL of her fans.
Sturpherz
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sturpherz »

G-Faerie08 wrote:

I haven't read what had been posted of Midnight Sun, but I definitely agree with what you said about us fan's being punished for another's error. I am not bashing SM at all, but if she really and truly believed in telling Edward's side of the story, then she would continue writing it. I'm not saying that she has to jump right back in and write, but she shouldn't say its on hold indefinitely.. I know that it was a bump in the road and the leak threw her off a bit..but the story is already there..Midnight Sun is just a glimpse in to Edward's mind and not Bella's.

~~~Edited Post 09/16/2008~~~
So after reading the MTV News Blog on Kellan Lutz input on Midnight Sun, I kind of have to say that I agree with his insight on the topic of whether it should be completed or not..and in the amount of time that it should be projected for completion. Here is the link to the article: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/09/15/tw ... night-sun/
[/color]

I did sign the petition, but now I kind of wish i could take it back. Becuase I have to agree 100% with G-Faerie08 and Kellan Lutz...When Stephanie is ready to have her work published... we will be here to support her.
"The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become..."
Erica816
Settled in Forks

Post by Erica816 »

AshleyAsAlways wrote:

Thanks!
Erica
The whole idea of this petition seems incredibly unfair to me, not to mention counterproductive. Stephenie Meyer has had a lot to deal with, because the leak of someone's work is more than a leak of words; it is a leak of who he or she is. It's very personal. She does not need a group of people demanding their Twilight fix via petition. She needs to take some time for herself, and from what I've heard her say on the matter, she knows this, and no petition is going to change that. Furthermore, a petition from her fans is only going to lay more stress on her shoulders, which is going to make it even more difficult for her to write. I'm upset about Midnight Sun just like everyone else. I, too, think it is unfair to her fans that it's not being released. HOWEVER, I understand her need to just chill for a while. Leave her alone. We'll probably get something new quicker that way. Not to mention the small fact that it's just the right thing to do.

Trust me I know exactly what you mean don't get me wrong.. I cannot imagine how she feels. Authors work is like their children so I am not trying to push it to where it will never be released, but when I got into these books I fell in love. I mean I read all 4 in 5 days would have been faster if work wasn't in the way lol. I know that she will eventually release the book along with others, I just thought I would attempt to do my part as a fan. When I came across it I heard that at that point she was not going to release it and if she did finish it, it would be for her peice of mind. So I felt in a way as a fan that I had to attempt to do what I could to get Midnight Sun released. It has become an obession for me (as for many I am sure). When I came across it I was still lost in the world of the Twilight series and at that point wanted to do what I can to know more. It was never my intention to offend anyone by adding that on here just figured there were some people would have liked to know it was there and give their opinion also. Sorry again to anyone who is upset that I put this up here.

Thanks!
Erica
sarahbells
Settled in Forks

Post by sarahbells »

I am really bumbed that midnight sun has been put on hold, however I do think that stephenie will come back to it in time. When she feels ready. I don't think the host should be more then one book, but if she does come out with a second part I will read it. It is not that I did not like the host. I really liked it. Its just that I can not see what there would be to write about, but Stephenie always has a surprise up her sleve so I am all in if she does another one. I will read anything she writes.

sarah
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

AshleyAsAlways wrote:

Thanks!
Erica

interesting...I looked at the petition more from a supportive point of view...like Stephenie we support you and we wont read your work til YOU'VE put it out there...kind of a thing
aurelia
Settled in Forks

Post by aurelia »

uch I am SO ANGRY At the petition sites trying to berrate Stephenie into writing Midnight Sun! I also can't believe people are actually angry at her (for something SHE has sufferred) and so vain as to think Stephenie's decision had ANYTHING to do with them at all... All we should be doing at this time IMO is showing Steph that we're behind her - no matter what...

I want to read MS as much as the next fan (possibly more) but we need to just be patient! I wouldn't want to read it if she finished it now anyways because, as Steph said, she isn't in the right frame of mind to do it justice atm...

Sorry if I'm coming off harsh... but it really does boil my blood.
Live. Love. Dazzle.