Events and Appearances relating to the Twilight Saga

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
My Heartlight
Settled in Forks

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Post by My Heartlight »

I know many of you have refused to read the partial draft which SM posted on her website. I really admire that. I couldn't, not since I've been looking forward to reading Midnight Sun what seems like several times a day, after I read the first chapter. A single chapter, and I know it was going to be my most favorite book in the world. I was so right, and words cannot describe what it feels like to know your favorite book is not going to be published, or even written. She stopped right before she got to the meadow scene too, my favorite part of Twilight.

It's no "crap" version, as I've heard it called a couple times by those refusing to have anything to do with it - IT'S THE BEST PIECE OF WRITING IN THE WORLD. Yet the sad thing is, now I feel like Twilight, the best published book in the world, is incomplete without it. Edward's POV just dives so deep! Like the part in Twilight when they're driving back from Port Angeles and Edward has just divulged to Bella, and she's firing questions at him:
//"Don't laugh - but how can you come out during the day?"
He laughed anyway. "Myth."
"Burned by the sun?"
"Myth."
"Sleeping in coffins?"
"Myth." He hesitated for a moment, and a peculiar tone entered his voice. "I can't sleep."//
Then it goes on to say that he looked at her with a wistful expression, but then looks away and he starts talking about "the most important question" and you know the rest.

But what on the other side of the coin? The magic behind the mask is this: Edward watches as she sleeps each night, and on that one sunny day when she fell asleep outside. He thinks about her, and listens to her speak in her dreams. She dreams about him, asking him to never leave. He feels wistful now because in this moment, for the first time, he wishes he could sleep. He wishes he could dream about her, so that in those serene moments he could be with her as long as it is night. (And it is always midnight in his world, but her presence is like a rising sun in his life, as he thought one night while watching her. His whole universe has shoot to revolve around her, and so she is the sun admist his midnight.) He wishes to be with her in his dreams, because there, perhaps this relationships he longs for could exist, though in real life he knows it could never be. Run, Bella, run. Stay, Bella, stay.Is what's constantly on his mind because he loves her and cannot stand to be without her, yet he knows he's not safe for her. He wants her to leave, to be safe, but he wants her to remain beside him always. He knows he should go away and never return, but he can't.

This is only a tiny portion, and not even the best of what the whole draft is like. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it kept me up thinking about it at night. I wish Stephenie could understand how this makes us feel. And I wish more than anything that she would continue to enchant us with her unequivocally expressive and talent-filled version of Twilight from the POV of the vampire who she "fell in love with since day one", and who I fell in love with more with each page.
~*You are my life now*~
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

*Stands and applauds* Well said My Heartlight!!
Gosh-Golly I love Edward!!
Last edited by MRK on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

MRK I LOVE your banner.

I am sorry, I just couldn't resist reading midnight sun. but i second the opinion of My Heartlight.

BEST PIECE OF WRITING EVER (or almost) :mrgreen:
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

bite_me wrote:MRK I LOVE your banner.

I loved Midnight Sun...and not only for the insight it gave into Edwards mind...but to those around him as well. Especially Alice! I fell in love with Alice all the more because of MS.
My Heartlight
Settled in Forks

Post by My Heartlight »

MRK wrote:
bite_me wrote:MRK I LOVE your banner.

I loved Midnight Sun...and not only for the insight it gave into Edwards mind...but to those around him as well. Especially Alice! I fell in love with Alice all the more because of MS.
I am 100% with you there, Alice was always my fave minor character, and MS really let me get to know her a lot better, and I too love her all the more because of it. Plus it really gives you a much rounder undderstanding of all the Cullens, not to mention everyone who's mind Edward heard!
~*You are my life now*~
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

pixiephish wrote:SM could write the entire series over through Edward's perspective and I'd buy it - wouldn't YOU?
For me she has created a drug. The entire Edward and Bella thing is "exactly my brand of herion"

If she wrote about them for the rest of my entire life I'd buy it EVERY time.

HA-HA-HA!
not funny. i'm serious.

I've lost twelve pounds since the day I opened the first book, partly because I'm not hungry and partly because sometimes I get so excited I have to run out the door and walk around the block a couple of times to clear my head and try to BREATHE.

Nothing I've ever read has, or ever will, compare to this.
NEVER. EVER.
EXACTLY!!! I really think I've gone crazy!! I can't think of anything else! I dream about Edward ;) or parts of the book every night!

One night, I dreamt Jane "jabbed" me with her power and I actually felt it in my side and I yelled out as I turned [in my dream as well as in my bed] to beg her to stop, speaking the words, "Please, Stop!" out loud! As I turned, I opened my eyes and she just disintigrated right in front of me! :o I lay there in the dark panting and looking around the room for her! It was WILD!!

I hadn't heard of the Twilight Series at all until the first week of October (I don't have any YA's at home). My youngest is 21, and he just shakes his head at me whenever he sees me still reading my books or on this forum, or watching the movie trailers (HOW SLOW IS IT TAKING FOR NOVEMBER 21st TO COME!!!!) which is ALL THE TIME!!

In a way, I'm just like Edward--torn! He is my favorite brand of herion so I want him all the time, but at the same time, I have things I have to do so I have to turn away from him--which is best for him because my son has threatened to hide my books!! Actually, he said he would do something MUCH WORSE than "hide" them but I don't want to give anyone an anxiety heart attack!! :shock: The books are safe!! Don't worry!!

Sorry to runoff at the mouth, er...keyboard. I'll shut up now. hehe :oops: sorry!
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
~u-r-my-life-now~
Settled in Forks

Post by ~u-r-my-life-now~ »

IDK.. I don't think she's working on Midnight Sun though. Eversince the leak of her unfinished draft she doesn't want to finish it. But if anyone has heard otherwise recently I would realy want to know because it makes me incredibly sad not being able to know Edwards thoughts. I mean if Stephenie is going to make a character that so many people fell in love with then tell them that she is writing a book about whats going on inside his head and not actually write the book, just dangle the first 13 chapters in front of our faces, well that just breaks my heart into a million little tiny piecies.
pixiephish
Settled in Forks

Post by pixiephish »

I'm sure this has already been said here, but I get lost on this forum when I start looking for something specific and then I get distracted (as if that wouldn't happen anyway - I just read or hear the name Edward and I'm distracted for.. too long)... See, I forgot where I was going with this already..

OH! Yeah! I was thinking maybe SM will continue the series through Renesme and Jacob... at least Edward would still be there...???........ I'd still much rather just see her continue with Bella and Edward and about Renesme growing up.. or something..

What ever it is that she's doing, I can't wait until it's done and released!

I am just about to finish the whole series for the second time and I think I'm going to lose it now...
NONE of this being over stuff! What's with that?!! It's NOT over! IT'S NOT!

and I'm not in denial, really I'm not, I'm not.. REALLY!

I haven't read The Host yet.. but I just got a coupon from Borders.. so I might go buy it, but I'm scared.. No Edward.. how can that be possible.. a new fictional world with no Edward.. the non-fictional world has no Edward.. so what would the difference be really.. SEE? You see how I talk myself out of it.

I need advice!? HELP!?

NOT from someone who LOVES The Host (because someone trying to tell me it's almost as good will NOT work for me, but send me in the other direction). I need advice from someone who felt as skeptical as I do, but honestly likes (not loves) The Host.

Is there someone out there who can help without making me run away?
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

I really hope that SM will continue to finish Midnight Sun. It such a great book, even unfinished and unedited. Edwards POV is amazing, you can see what all the characters are thinking and really see so much more of the characters and their personalities.

It was irrisponsible and selfish for someone to put it up online. It's like the Harry Potter book 7 leak, except worse.

At least with the book 7 leak, the fans still got the finished book. It didn't effect the release of the book at all.

With the Midnight Sun Leak it took EVERYTHING away. The book wasn't finished, and now Stephanie doesn't know if she even wants to finish it at all. We might never see the final book, which would be very sad, because it was so amazing (atleast what we have seen so far, and that was unedited)

I really hope that in a few months she will start to want to write it again.

What is happening with the Music Video directing that she is doing? I forget what band she is directing the video for.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

mistytwilight85 wrote:I really hope that SM will continue to finish Midnight Sun. It such a great book, even unfinished and unedited. Edwards POV is amazing, you can see what all the characters are thinking and really see so much more of the characters and their personalities.

It was irrisponsible and selfish for someone to put it up online. It's like the Harry Potter book 7 leak, except worse.

At least with the book 7 leak, the fans still got the finished book. It didn't effect the release of the book at all.

With the Midnight Sun Leak it took EVERYTHING away. The book wasn't finished, and now Stephanie doesn't know if she even wants to finish it at all. We might never see the final book, which would be very sad, because it was so amazing (atleast what we have seen so far, and that was unedited)

I really hope that in a few months she will start to want to write it again.

What is happening with the Music Video directing that she is doing? I forget what band she is directing the video for.
I think if you go to her website there is infor on the music video.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.