Jacob and Leah's friendship

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Re: Jacob and Leah's friendship

Post by Landiana »

i think that the fact that we never see anything from Leah POV also colours our perception of the situation in favour of the "bella is pregnant, dont shout at her," rather than what Leah see's as "Bella is using Jacob and hurting him, knows so and has no intention of stopping"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Pendragon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Pendragon »

Landiana wrote:i think that the fact that we never see anything from Leah POV also colours our perception of the situation in favour of the "bella is pregnant, dont shout at her," rather than what Leah see's as "Bella is using Jacob and hurting him, knows so and has no intention of stopping"
Yeah, that is a good reason why a lot of people frown on Leah for doing that to Bella.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i think it would be very interesting to see the whole book from Leah POV. i mean we would be able to see her growing closer to Jacob, and how it really felt to be stuck in a pack with the man she loved wishing she would go away.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Landiana wrote:i think it would be very interesting to see the whole book from Leah POV. i mean we would be able to see her growing closer to Jacob, and how it really felt to be stuck in a pack with the man she loved wishing she would go away.
I would defiantly pay money for a book like that!! :D
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

If it were done well, a book from Leah's POV covering this time would be phenomenal. Heartbreaking and difficult and I'm sure it would infuriate me at times, the injustice of it all, but also an opportunity for a writer to really go into a tough situation with a character and write with a lot of depth. Do we believe SM is capable of writing such a strong female character in such despair? Blank pages won't do it for Leah.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:If it were done well, a book from Leah's POV covering this time would be phenomenal. Heartbreaking and difficult and I'm sure it would infuriate me at times, the injustice of it all, but also an opportunity for a writer to really go into a tough situation with a character and write with a lot of depth. Do we believe SM is capable of writing such a strong female character in such despair? Blank pages won't do it for Leah.
I really hope she can.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Pendragon wrote: Yeah, though Bella might have been suffering though the pregnancy, Leah hated how she continued to hurt Jacob and kept stringing him along.
Bella may have been stringing Jake along, but he knew where he stood with her, and he's the one that kept going back to her (hello glutton for punishment). I don't agree with Bella wanting Jake to be around as her bff with the way he loves her the way he does at that time, and agree with Leah on that Bella shouldn't continue wanting him around and flaunting her relationship with another in his face, but at the same time going off like she did was at the wrong time.

By the time that BD came around sticking Jake with a child as an imprint was, and is, low. In the original timeline for the series having Jake be Bella's future in law worked, but where they grew close together like they did just makes it kinda sick. It give off the wrong impression, ya know Bella saying she loves Jake in Eclipse, and then a few weeks later is knocked up. See what I'm saying here? Jake and Leah seem to be the only healthy relationship in the series I've seen grow. All the others have some sort of, how to phrase it, happened at an unnatural speed. Jake and Bella falling in love may have taken time for her to realize, but it came to a point of who she wanted more; her first choice, Romeo, or second rate, Paris.

Yeah, I may be a B/E shipper, but their relationship to an extent was unhealthy; see what happened in New Moon when she shut down after he left and she relied heavily on Jake's friendship.
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

RebeccaCullen wrote:
Pendragon wrote: Yeah, though Bella might have been suffering though the pregnancy, Leah hated how she continued to hurt Jacob and kept stringing him along.
Bella may have been stringing Jake along, but he knew where he stood with her, and he's the one that kept going back to her (hello glutton for punishment). I don't agree with Bella wanting Jake to be around as her bff with the way he loves her the way he does at that time, and agree with Leah on that Bella shouldn't continue wanting him around and flaunting her relationship with another in his face, but at the same time going off like she did was at the wrong time.

By the time that BD came around sticking Jake with a child as an imprint was, and is, low. In the original timeline for the series having Jake be Bella's future in law worked, but where they grew close together like they did just makes it kinda sick. It give off the wrong impression, ya know Bella saying she loves Jake in Eclipse, and then a few weeks later is knocked up. See what I'm saying here? Jake and Leah seem to be the only healthy relationship in the series I've seen grow. All the others have some sort of, how to phrase it, happened at an unnatural speed. Jake and Bella falling in love may have taken time for her to realize, but it came to a point of who she wanted more; her first choice, Romeo, or second rate, Paris.

Yeah, I may be a B/E shipper, but their relationship to an extent was unhealthy; see what happened in New Moon when she shut down after he left and she relied heavily on Jake's friendship.
I fully agree with you on that. Jake and Leah, had they gotten together, would have the only couple that happened normally.