General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AuroraRenesmee
Settled in Forks

Re: Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

Post by AuroraRenesmee »

okay so i know not many people probably find this scene super romantic. but i think something that is the most romantic about edward is how impulsively protective he is over bella; he reacts without thinking first. so, when he first talks to her in biology when they do the lab...

I looked up, stunned that he was speaking to me. He was sitting as far away from me as the desk
allowed, but his chair was angled toward me. His hair was dripping wet, disheveled — even so, he
looked like he'd just finished shooting a commercial for hair gel. His dazzling face was friendly, open, a
slight smile on his flawless lips. But his eyes were careful.
"My name is Edward Cullen," he continued. "I didn't have a chance to introduce myself last week. You
must be Bella Swan."
My mind was spinning with confusion. Had I made up the whole thing? He was perfectly polite now. I
had to speak; he was waiting. But I couldn't think of anything conventional to say.
"H-how do you know my name?" I stammered.
He laughed a soft, enchanting laugh.
"Oh, I think everyone knows your name. The whole town's been waiting for you to arrive."
I grimaced. I knew it was something like that.
"No," I persisted stupidly. "I meant, why did you call me Bella?"
He seemed confused. "Do you prefer Isabella?"
"No, I like Bella," I said. "But I think Charlie — I mean my dad — must call me Isabella behind my back
— that's what everyone here seems to know me as," I tried to explain, feeling like an utter moron.
"Oh." He let it drop. I looked away awkwardly............
Mr. Banner came to our table then, to see why we weren't working. He looked over our shoulders to
glance at the completed lab, and then stared more intently to check the answers.
"So, Edward, didn't you think Isabella should get a chance with the microscope?" Mr. Banner asked.
"Bella," Edward corrected automatically. "Actually, she identified three of the five."

this is the first romantic scene because it is the very first time that he is impulsively protective over bella. it is something seemingly insignificant on the surface, but he corrects mr. banner when he calls her isabella because bella had just told him that she likes "bella" better. and without thinking he corrects the teacher because he knows its what bella prefers. i think this is very telling because it shows that edward cares, really even before he knows he cares. its so cute. then he defends bella saying that she identified three of the five slides.
ImageImageImage
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

AuroraRenesmee wrote:okay so i know not many people probably find this scene super romantic. but i think something that is the most romantic about edward is how impulsively protective he is over bella; he reacts without thinking first. so, when he first talks to her in biology when they do the lab...

I looked up, stunned that he was speaking to me. He was sitting as far away from me as the desk
allowed, but his chair was angled toward me. His hair was dripping wet, disheveled — even so, he
looked like he'd just finished shooting a commercial for hair gel. His dazzling face was friendly, open, a
slight smile on his flawless lips. But his eyes were careful.
"My name is Edward Cullen," he continued. "I didn't have a chance to introduce myself last week. You
must be Bella Swan."
My mind was spinning with confusion. Had I made up the whole thing? He was perfectly polite now. I
had to speak; he was waiting. But I couldn't think of anything conventional to say.
"H-how do you know my name?" I stammered.
He laughed a soft, enchanting laugh.
"Oh, I think everyone knows your name. The whole town's been waiting for you to arrive."
I grimaced. I knew it was something like that.
"No," I persisted stupidly. "I meant, why did you call me Bella?"
He seemed confused. "Do you prefer Isabella?"
"No, I like Bella," I said. "But I think Charlie — I mean my dad — must call me Isabella behind my back
— that's what everyone here seems to know me as," I tried to explain, feeling like an utter moron.
"Oh." He let it drop. I looked away awkwardly............
Mr. Banner came to our table then, to see why we weren't working. He looked over our shoulders to
glance at the completed lab, and then stared more intently to check the answers.
"So, Edward, didn't you think Isabella should get a chance with the microscope?" Mr. Banner asked.
"Bella," Edward corrected automatically. "Actually, she identified three of the five."

this is the first romantic scene because it is the very first time that he is impulsively protective over bella. it is something seemingly insignificant on the surface, but he corrects mr. banner when he calls her isabella because bella had just told him that she likes "bella" better. and without thinking he corrects the teacher because he knows its what bella prefers. i think this is very telling because it shows that edward cares, really even before he knows he cares. its so cute. then he defends bella saying that she identified three of the five slides.
yes! personally this scene has always brought those fuzzy feelings to me haha. To me it was so pure- so awesome, because it was the very first spark of their love for one another. I loved how awkward you could tell each was feeling and how they were trying to hide their emotions and nerves but the reader could still tell they were there. I also adored Edward's correction towards the teacher because in my mind he was letting Bella's preferance be known- he didn't know he loved her yet, but that slipped proved it to the audience in my opinion...*sigh* i just loved how naturally *yet awkwardly* this conversation flowed...i don't know it's weird but i felt it both as comfortable *because they loved 1 another but didn't know it* and awkward *because they were not aware that they loved one another*....
okay...im babbling...and nobody will understand what i'm trying to explain haha but i'm glad someone enjoyed this scene as much as i did :mrgreen: !
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

Post by BroadwayAmanda93 »

AuroraRenesmee wrote:okay so i know not many people probably find this scene super romantic. but i think something that is the most romantic about edward is how impulsively protective he is over bella; he reacts without thinking first.
OME i completely agree! a guy that is extremely protective is a huge turn on for me. It shows that they care. I know some people are all "Back off! She can take care of herself!" but I LOVE that he is so overly protective of her. Sigh....Edward.....:D

Anyway, back on topic. I think that Chapter 14 is one of the most romantic scenes. Not the meadow, but the first night Edward stays with Bella (which by the way SM, Edward staying with her at night is a BRILLIANT idea! kudos!). Here's my fave quote:

"'Does it seem that way to you?' he murmured, his nose gliding to the corner of my jaw. I felt his hand, lighter than a moth's wing, brushing my damp hair back, so that his lips could touch the hollow beneath my ear." -Twilight, pg.299/300

Also, it's just the little things he does, like trace her collarbone. I know that doesn't really seem like a big thing, but that seems SO SWEET to me. Amazing. And then there's the scene before the baseball/James scene where Edward is trying to convince her to run again. Actually, that's just kind of funny. But I still think it's romantic too! :)
ImageImage Image
AuroraRenesmee
Settled in Forks

Post by AuroraRenesmee »

i completely agree! i just re-read twilight yesterday and those scenes really seemed to jump out at me this time. of course when he spends the night with her, he's so hot :) but especially by her truck when he is trying to convince her to let him run with her again. i get butterflies in my stomach when he acts like that and has that confidence to convince her to do something by teasing her. Mmmmm i want an edward!!! my fiance is close, but he's no vampire ;)
ImageImageImage
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

Post by BroadwayAmanda93 »

AuroraRenesmee wrote:i completely agree! i just re-read twilight yesterday and those scenes really seemed to jump out at me this time. of course when he spends the night with her, he's so hot :) but especially by her truck when he is trying to convince her to let him run with her again. i get butterflies in my stomach when he acts like that and has that confidence to convince her to do something by teasing her. Mmmmm i want an edward!!! my fiance is close, but he's no vampire ;)
Haha! Yeah, I love the scenes where he acts all cocky and teases her. So cute! As for your fiance, you could always just cover him in glitter. :D
ImageImage Image
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

this is just one of my many favorite love scenes between bella and edward:

"now you know" i said lightly, and shrugged. "no one's ever loved anyone as much as i love you"
"you're almsot right" he smiled, his eyes still a little wider than usual. "i know of just one exception"
"liar"
he started to kiss me again but then stopped abruptly.
"can you do it again?" he wondered.
i grimaced. "it's very difficult." he waited his expression eager.
"i can't keep it up if i'm even the slightest bit distracted" i warned him.
"i'll be good" he promised.
i pursed my lips, my eyes narrowing. then i smiled. i pressed my hands to his face again, hefted the shield right out of my mind, and then started where i'd left off with the cyrstal-clear memory of the first night of my new life...lingering on the details. i laughed breathlessly when his urgent kiss interrupted my efforts again.
"damn it" he growled, kissing hungrily down the edge of my jaw.
"we have plenty of time to work on it" i reminded him.
"forever and forever and forever" he murmured.
"that sounds exactly right to me"
and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.

pg.'s 753( only the bottom) & 754. "breaking dawn"
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^oh yes. that is probably my favorite edwardxbella moment in the entire series. its so great that edward finally got to see inside bellas mind.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

ilovetwilight wrote:this is just one of my many favorite love scenes between bella and edward:

"now you know" i said lightly, and shrugged. "no one's ever loved anyone as much as i love you"
"you're almsot right" he smiled, his eyes still a little wider than usual. "i know of just one exception"
"liar"
i pursed my lips, my eyes narrowing. then i smiled. i pressed my hands to his face again, hefted the shield right out of my mind, and then started where i'd left off with the cyrstal-clear memory of the first night of my new life...lingering on the details. i laughed breathlessly when his urgent kiss interrupted my efforts again.
and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.

I agree with you ilovetwilight, that was the perfect romantic ending to a perfectly wonderful book.
I also loved in Twilight when Edward & Bella were in the Meadow and he was confessing his feelings for her "you are the most important person to me ever". In New Moon when Edward asks her if she can still love him after everything he has done and when she has her epiphany a little later and realizes that he really loves her and he says "Truly I do".
In Eclipse - I like it when she is spending the night at the Cullens and Edward returns from hunting and she awakens and describes the sweet taste of the reunion - no storms, but as though it was a clear, peaceful night.
In Breaking Dawn - Their first night together on their honeymoon, they are standing in the water, she reassures him and he"slowly pulls them deeper into the water". When Bella awakens after her transformation and when she looks at Edward and just says plainly " I love you" and the look on his face. Their first night together after her transformation - talk about deeply powerful and sexy. The title to that part of the chapter should have been called "The Hunger" Y-O-W!!!

I am paraphrasing most of these moments - but you get the idea.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

I still find the entire Port Angeles Scene extremely romantic. Edward's presence, the car ride, the dinner, the talk on the ride home. All of it. IMO, it's the deciding moment of "truth" in the series.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

ilovetwilight wrote:this is just one of my many favorite love scenes between bella and edward:

"liar"

aaaaaaaa. I cried so much at this scene out of pure joy! I absolutely LOVE how Stephenie ended it...Edward FINALLY getting into Bella's head...seeing and feeling all the emotions she went through when they first met...*sigh* this was just so perfect and so unexpected to me. I love how Stephenie incorporated Bella's power to let Edward into her head- absolute perfection. And might i say the last sentence hit me like a ton of bricks...i was so happy and pleased that they FINALLY got their very deserved ending :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...