Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Most Romantic Scene in the Twilight Series

Post by Tornado »

Yes, that's a very special moment!
daffystjob
Settled in Forks

Post by daffystjob »

There are soo many to choose from.....I'm not sure I can decide.
I'm reading Breaking Dawn again at the moment so I'm going for the moment......darn it I just can't choose, sorry :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
neilkher
Settled in Forks

Post by neilkher »

well, i love the complete movie, with all the scenes
watch twilight saga breaking dawn online free
mandibear
Settled in Forks

Post by mandibear »

One of my favorite passages that has not been posted yet, actually comes from Midnight Sun p.217 (blushes guiltily...I just can't help myself). I will attempt to hide the text so anyone not wanting to read it doesn't have to be subjected to my inability to not read MS over and over.

For one moment, the hag-faced fate I'd imagined, the one who sought Bella's destruction, was replaced by the most foolish and reckless of angels. A guardian angel - something Carlisle's version of me might have had. With a heedless smile on her lips, her sky-colored eyes full of mischief, the angel formed Bella in such a fashion that there was no way that I could possibly overlook her. A ridiculously potent scent to demand my attention, a silent mind to enflame my curiosity, a quiet beauty to hold my eyes, a selfless soul to earn my awe. Leave out the natural sense of self-preservation - so that Bella could bear to be near me - and, finally, add a wide streak of appallingly bad luck.
With a careless laugh, the irresponsible angel propelled her fragile creation directly into my path, trusting blithely in my flawed morality to keep Bella alive.
In this version, I was not Bella's sentence; she was my reward.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Mandibear~ That is, ironically, my absolute favorite passage out of any of the novels. It literally makes my heart ache for what I know he will endure.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Yes, I love it too, because it's so true, but he doesn't think it applies, because he doesn't think he deserves any good thing. It's heartbreaking, and a sad example of his opinion of himself.

In fact, the line following that paragraph is my favourite: "In this scenario I was not Bella's sentence, she was my reward." It says everything.
mandibear
Settled in Forks

Post by mandibear »

That is my favorite part of that passage as well. I love the growth and change in Edward's self-image throughout the saga. I simply can't get enough of the magic that is MS. How I wish Stephenie would write the entire saga from his point of view. I know the transitions that he makes in my mind, but to actually read them and hear them developing within him would be incredible. I know there are fans that think that NM from Edward's perspective would be too dark, but how do you get him to where he is at the end of BD without taking the trip through NM right along with him? While I love TW, MS outshines it tenfold for me.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

mandibear wrote:That is my favorite part of that passage as well. I love the growth and change in Edward's self-image throughout the saga. I simply can't get enough of the magic that is MS. How I wish Stephenie would write the entire saga from his point of view. I know the transitions that he makes in my mind, but to actually read them and hear them developing within him would be incredible. I know there are fans that think that NM from Edward's perspective would be too dark, but how do you get him to where he is at the end of BD without taking the trip through NM right along with him? While I love TW, MS outshines it tenfold for me.
I agree in a way. Although, there are a few.... regressions that Edward suffers that might make me keen to take a crowbar and try to knock some sense into the man. There are moments when he would find his literary self hurling across the room in frustration for sure.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

mandibear, that is one of my most favorite of all passages.

It is so very frustrating that there were so many great passages in Midnight Sun, and yet we have to be so careful discussing them.

That passage in particular sums up just about everything, with a few handfuls of intriguing points for discussion. I have wanted to refer to that passage several times on other threads. What a shame. That book really needs to get published.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”