General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Imprinting

Post by ringswraith »

Not necessarily. As others have pointed out, she could be getting periods but still be infertile.
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

when i read it, i assumed she'd become infertile because of the wolf issue, the body being frozen in time. I'd never thought about whether she was able to have children before the transformation?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

I think that, the way Leah views things, she's a wolf because she's infertile- not the other way around.
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

How do you manage to think of the answers to all my questions? :lol: Almost as if you're thinking the complete opposite to me all the time, which is good cos at least I have an answer and another thing to think about :D

(this is meant as light hearted, I don't want you thinking I'm being agro :P )
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

ringswraith wrote:I think that, the way Leah views things, she's a wolf because she's infertile- not the other way around.
Thats what I thought too, but personally I dont see it like that :D
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Ginny
Settled in Forks

Post by Ginny »

Does there has to be a reason, that Leah is the only female werewolf? Maybe it's just a coincidence.. I mean, there isn't a reason why the others become werewolves, is there? Except of course that they have the gene's from their fathers or something. I mean, shouldn't Leah always had to have that werewolf gene? Only that just now, when the Cullens appeared, it 'woke up' as it was with the others, and she became a werewolf..? Because being a werewolf has all to do with gene's, according to the stories which are told. And you can't get a gene one day.. so it had to be there since she was born. And I think there is a very small posibility that she has been infertile from her birth.. Or am I totally wrong now? :roll:
Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky
are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Well considering that she's the first female shapeshifter since, well, ever- there has to be a reason for it.
Knives
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Knives »

It should be pointed out that, "One in a million fluke," is, in fact, a reason. It could have been mere chance. As I said before, there's nothing indicating that shapeshifters get a USB plug-in to Fate.
Openhome wrote:Knives, I believe that..
wait for it...
you are right.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Knives wrote:It should be pointed out that, "One in a million fluke," is, in fact, a reason. It could have been mere chance. As I said before, there's nothing indicating that shapeshifters get a USB plug-in to Fate.
This is true, and yet it seems to me to be more than just a fluke. Consider that not only is Leah the first female shapeshifter, she's also got an ability over and beyond the norm for shapeshifters (her speed). Also consider that there are still an unknown number of boys in the reservation, any or all of which could have the "gene" in them. In fact, by the confrontation in BD, there are new wolves in the mix.

So why then does Leah get handed this fate? The reason that makes the most sense in my mind is that SM needed someone who could somehow relate to Jacob's inner turmoil. The only other triangle we've seen is Sam/Emily/Leah. The split of the Pack would mean Sam is out (not to mention he's entirely too happy with Emily), and thus Emily is out, leaving Leah. Oh, but Leah's just a normal human girl- how would she relate given she doesn't know of the supernatural?

/lightbulb
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

My thought that was they could only imprint on people with either 24 chromosones or have the most potential.

Like Emily is related to Leah, who is a wolf. And Claire is related to Emily. Renesmee has 24 chromosones anyway, Rachel is Jakes sister, and Kim is Quilete.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.