Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Re: Imprinting

Post by Volterrian »

Hey,

Actually Jacob does not say that they were made for each other he said something along the lines of "It will be like he was made specially for her" he adapts to her wants and needs. I believe it was stated somewhere that SM said it was the genetic bit but who knows for sure and I am sure she is tired of this by now.

I think with Rose, Alice, Esme, and Bella raising her Nessie will have a good sense of herself as a women and be able to decide, not to mention if Jacob did get to possessive of her, the boys would tear him a new one. As for Claire it made me think, if the Cullens stayed to long what would happen? I mean Emily, Kim, and Claire are human they age, if Sam, Jared, and Quill are around vampires they would be forced to phase, thus remaining immortal. So what happens if Emily and them die of old age? And with Quill now being part of the Black Pack he is always near vampires.

I think the girls could do more damage then the boys could. Imagine if claire grew up to be a cruel little pain like Lauren, she could crush Quill over and over again and he would come back for more. Its cruel that someone is tied to them like that with no free will. I kinda wish Nessie would keep him as a brother, so he would not have to suffer if she chose someone else as a lover and life mate.

If SM does read this, it would be nice if she gave us a final answer on Imprinting.

Sorry I forgot to add something

The reason Edward said that to Jacob was because Bella and Him thought that they needed to send Jacob away with Renesmee to keep her safe. Calling him Brother and then Son would make him remember he is family to them, her protector her uncle, her brother someone who was going to have to protect her for as long as she lived (Which they didn't think would be past 15 or so at the time).
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I also am kind of torn when it comes to imprinting. It would be cool to have someone love you & be devoted to you like that, but what if you don't like that person? What if you have issues or whatever w/that person? (I can think of plenty of guys I've known in my life that would really suck if something like imprinting were to happen w/them!) And it would also stink to have your choice taken away. I would rather go through the process of falling in love w/someone, getting to know them, dating, etc...

I didn't think the imprinting on the younger girls was creepy. Like Jacob explained it's not romantic they don't think that way about them.

I loved Bella's reaction to Jacob imprinting on Renesmee. I thought it was great & just what a mother should do!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
renesmeecarlie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Volterrian wrote:Hey,

Actually Jacob does not say that they were made for each other he said something along the lines of "It will be like he was made specially for her" he adapts to her wants and needs. I believe it was stated somewhere that SM said it was the genetic bit but who knows for sure and I am sure she is tired of this by now.

I think with Rose, Alice, Esme, and Bella raising her Nessie will have a good sense of herself as a women and be able to decide, not to mention if Jacob did get to possessive of her, the boys would tear him a new one. As for Claire it made me think, if the Cullens stayed to long what would happen? I mean Emily, Kim, and Claire are human they age, if Sam, Jared, and Quill are around vampires they would be forced to phase, thus remaining immortal. So what happens if Emily and them die of old age? And with Quill now being part of the Black Pack he is always near vampires.

I think the girls could do more damage then the boys could. Imagine if claire grew up to be a cruel little pain like Lauren, she could crush Quill over and over again and he would come back for more. Its cruel that someone is tied to them like that with no free will. I kinda wish Nessie would keep him as a brother, so he would not have to suffer if she chose someone else as a lover and life mate.

If SM does read this, it would be nice if she gave us a final answer on Imprinting.

Sorry I forgot to add something

The reason Edward said that to Jacob was because Bella and Him thought that they needed to send Jacob away with Renesmee to keep her safe. Calling him Brother and then Son would make him remember he is family to them, her protector her uncle, her brother someone who was going to have to protect her for as long as she lived (Which they didn't think would be past 15 or so at the time).
I really liked this post because I thought about some of these things while I was reading as well...

When Bella asks Jacob about the girls' not reciprocating the feelings of his friends, his answer was something like "why wouldn't they"...but I just don't really buy that--just because someone is the most devoted person in the world doesn't necessarily mean that you return those feelings

I tried to go with willing suspension of disbelief on the imprinting issue because I love the books so much--i would love to know more about how having the vampires in such close proximity with affect theire relationships though, good point!

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

I remember that there was a Billy theory for imprinting and a Sam theory for imprinting... but I don't remember what they were. One was to make stronger wolves I believe, but the other was...?

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

i think imprinting is romantic but jacobs friend imprinting on a little girl kinda weird
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Post by Volterrian »

Hey,
The other theory was to give you the best chance of passing on the wolf gene, the shape shifter gene.

I still kinda wonder if Leah can imprint, I know she cannot get pregnant but she should be able to imprint then stop phasing and have kids with that imprintee.
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)
renesmeecarlie

Post by renesmeecarlie »

Volterrian wrote:Hey,
The other theory was to give you the best chance of passing on the wolf gene, the shape shifter gene.

I still kinda wonder if Leah can imprint, I know she cannot get pregnant but she should be able to imprint then stop phasing and have kids with that imprintee.
I hope it's possible that she can do that...I feel terrible for Leah (no matter how nasty she can be)--she got a really raw deal and I just hope that it works out that way for her

"Amazing", he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused.
"Carlisle was right."
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I think that imprinting is very unique. And I like it.
I just didn't understand something. Everytime that Jake would talk about it, he would make it seem like a bad thing. He would say stuff like another one has imprinted, and that's like half of us. I don't know if he was scared or that he would never love Bella the way he does now. I don't understand...is there something wrong with imprinting? Or was Jake just scared that he was going to be next? But, then when he imprinted on Nessie it was like the world revolved around her. Like he was never in love with Bella to begin with.
It was like what he had said about Sam and Emily; Leah didn't matter anymore. Once he saw Emily that was it. He hurt Leah so badly, and neither Emily or Sam could do anything about it.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

I think that calling it imprinting is soo funny considering what it really is in nature. Its kinda incestuous :lol:
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Incestous how?

I don't really like the concept of imprinting. Well, no, i guess i like the concept, but i hate it in practice. I mean, the best part of falling in love is the journey, and imprinting takes that away completely. I find it to be rather... boring. Too perfect. It's kinda the same way i feel about edward. Romantic, sweet... but not exciting enough for me.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...