General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by spookybell »

I'm reading New Moon for the second time. I honestly have to say, I think this is the most painful, heartwrenching book I have ever read. So much, that as much as I love it... I don't know if I will read it in it's entirety for a 3rd time.

I just read where Jacob has left Bella and that is so darn painful that I'm almost sick. I'm on an uphill slide as she has discovered what Jacob is and I feel like I can breath again. It actually really hard to read, but I also can't stop because I know it just gets better and better...
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

spookybell wrote:I'm reading New Moon for the second time. I honestly have to say, I think this is the most painful, heartwrenching book I have ever read. So much, that as much as I love it... I don't know if I will read it in it's entirety for a 3rd time.

I just read where Jacob has left Bella and that is so darn painful that I'm almost sick. I'm on an uphill slide as she has discovered what Jacob is and I feel like I can breath again. It actually really hard to read, but I also can't stop because I know it just gets better and better...
I know exactly what you mean. I just finished twilight for the second time but am procrastinating starting New Moon again. That whole book is a nerve-wracking, heart stopping moment.
catgondi
Settled in Forks

Post by catgondi »

I'm going with when Jacob was like kiss me and tell me to come back in Eclipse.
And then like 3 pages later you like can't get past the "OMG! SHE LOVES HIM,TOO?"
midnight_fix
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by midnight_fix »

The two that got me the most were the ones where Bella almost dies.

1. When she gives up trying not to drown I was so frustrated, I was like, "No, you can't give up....keep fighting" I could get that she didn't want to live w/out Edward, I couldn't get how she didn't want to survive for her parents or Jake. It was dramatic reading about Jacob saving her, I would love to hear that from his point of view.

2. The delivery of the baby, when Jacob gave up and left the room I could almost believe Bella wasn't coming back,( I feel a little guilty about that) It had my heart going, I think my house could have been burning down around me and I wouldn't have put my book down at that part til I knew she would live.
Edward talks to me in my head.....they tried to give me medication for that but I wouldn't let them.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

in eclipse, when seth howled during the fight, i just KNEW something happened to my jacob. i couldn't breathe. actually most of eclipse i couldn't breathe. but anyway, i was so scared. i actually thought SM might resolve the jake/bella issue by killing him off right after she realized she loved him. i know now, of course, that SM would never do that, but wouldn't it make sense if it was another author??

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Apple
Wandering Through Town

Post by Apple »

i totally agree with everyone on the scene in new moon when edward leaves. its absolutely killed me. i kept thinking "this. is. not. happening." it was so painful, and i thought SM wrote that part so well. especially the pages that were just the names of months.

another heart-stopping scene was later on in new moon when bella is in port angeles and runs into some guys that remind her of the thugs from twilight, and she decided to approach them. i was terrified for her when she made that decision. that scene was really tense for me.
the welts of your scorn, my love, give me more
send whips of opinion down my back, give me more
well, its you i've waited my life to see
its you i've searched so hard for
singleduetoedward
Learning to Love Green

Post by singleduetoedward »

The whole freaking book of New Moon was nerve-wracking and heart stopping. I remember when I was reading the part where Edward left her, I was crying really hard and I was basically in shock and one of my guy friends was texting me and I was like 'I CAN'T QUIT CRYING!' and later I had to explain it was over a book and he thought me rather silly. But if anyone read that part and felt nothing, YOU DON'T HAVE A SOUL, OKAY.

Anywho...I was sooo tense in New Moon when Bella was drowning. Of course I knew she wasn't actually going to die, but she came so close and to think that she would never see Edward again just broke my heart.
Also in Eclipse when she and Jacob kiss before Jacob goes off to fight, I was like having a panic attack. WHAT BELLA, WHAT THE FRICK WAS THAT?!?! YEAH, HE'S HOT AND COOL BUT COME ON- EDWARD!!! WHAT IS HE GOING TO THINK?! UGHGHH!!..yeah that was basically my thought process.
My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

singleduetoedward wrote:The whole freaking book of New Moon was nerve-wracking and heart stopping. I remember when I was reading the part where Edward left her, I was crying really hard and I was basically in shock and one of my guy friends was texting me and I was like 'I CAN'T QUIT CRYING!' and later I had to explain it was over a book and he thought me rather silly. But if anyone read that part and felt nothing, YOU DON'T HAVE A SOUL, OKAY.

Anywho...I was sooo tense in New Moon when Bella was drowning. Of course I knew she wasn't actually going to die, but she came so close and to think that she would never see Edward again just broke my heart.
Also in Eclipse when she and Jacob kiss before Jacob goes off to fight, I was like having a panic attack. WHAT BELLA, WHAT THE FRICK WAS THAT?!?! YEAH, HE'S HOT AND COOL BUT COME ON- EDWARD!!! WHAT IS HE GOING TO THINK?! UGHGHH!!..yeah that was basically my thought process.

haha you KNOW that was the best kiss you've ever read!!!

i actually had to stop reading new moon for a few hours when edward left. i was so furious with him. i couldn't process all the pain, sort of, so i didn't actually feel much throughout. the whole thing was kind of a blur because i was hurrying for edward to get back. eclipse, on the other hand, every detail sticks out perfectly.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

Unlike most people here I wasn't really concerned when Edward left, I mean I was upset that he left, but as a writer (and from experiences trying to write novels), I knew that the plot would probably die if you permanently if Edward left permanently, so I knew he would come back, just not when.

For me, the most heart stopping moment was in Breaking Dawn when Jasper and Alice left. I cried for a good 15 minutes after screaming at the top of my lungs (yeah, I'm a little attached to them...). I knew the plot could probably go on without them ever coming back and that upset me. I screamed for joy when they came back.

The most nerve-wracking moment would probably have to be the two fight scenes, in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn each respectively. Especially in Breaking Dawn since it was at the end of the final book. I found myself encouraging the good characters (ie the Cullens &co.) to somehow pull through. I was definitely relieved when they did. I did a little happy dance around my room when that happened. My parents just looked at me like I was nuts. :lol:
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
Gee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gee »

That ugly part in New Moon when Edward leaves. I was depressed after reading that part. and then the entire part that followed while he was gone. my mother was worrying lol
And in breaking dawn after they get back from the honeymoon and Bella is like practically dying. it just seems there is no hope for her and shes gonna die, and Edward is hurting and i just wanted to choke Bella at that part omg she pissed me off. i was like, the poor guys is like heartbroken and shes just sitting there with Rosalie who annoyed me too. And the i got over it and we all became friends again :)
Also those tense scenes where the Volturi arrives, in BD. i think i held my breath, ive never read so fast in my life.
And when Jacob kissed Bella the first time i was all OMG IM SOOOOOOO GOING TO MURDER U DOG! i was so pissed off. And then the second time when Bella kissed him before the fight i was all BELLA U IDIOT! UR ENGAGED! ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!! TO EDWARD FREAKING CULLEN AND UR GOING AROUND KISSING A STUPID DOG?????? ugh. that was followed by some grumbling and swearing that really convinced my parents i was possessed.
OMG I love Edward Cullen! *jumps on Oprah's couch*