General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lizardpolisher
Settled in Forks

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by Lizardpolisher »

First I would like to say that I absolutly hate fights. Someone always has to die, and its not always the bad guy. Most of all I hate the build up to the fight. I would rather get the fight over and done with. I would rather see just the knife in the chest, not the guy thrusting the knife in the the guys chest in slow motion. I hate the feeling of knowing that someone is going to die soon, and not knowing who.

So naturally the scene in Breaking Dawn with the Volturi would be the part where my heart stopped. I didn't want anyone to die. I was too attached to everyone. I wanted those Romanians to keep their trapts closed! I wanted Kate and Tanya to contain themselves, and I wished Caius wasn't there. It seemed like the talking was going on and on and on. Then Alice came back! My heart started up again, and I was laughing with happiness. No one died! (Except for Irina :( ) The Twilight series kicked Harry Potter out of the top spot in my "favorite series of books" list because of that. :lol:
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

In New Moon, the first time they saw the Volturi and we didn't know how that would end. Heart stopping, man.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

The most nerve-wracking moment for me was in Breaking Dawn. The part where Bella was about to give birth freaked me out. I was so scared that she might die giving birth. I read through the page so fast, I didn't noticed that she had a C-section until I read it on wikipedia.

The other moment was when James was going to kill Bella. I mean, attacked by a sadistic vampire is a really terrifying thing.

Another was the battle between the Volturi and the nomads. Heart wrenching because I did not want to see Bella and Renesmee die like that.

The time where Victoria was fighting with Edward also freaked me out.

Its a good thing that there was a happy ending in the book.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i agree the fight that never happened had me so stressed.

in NM when bella finds out Jacob is a werewolf my heart stopped i was like "but he can't be a murderer he's jacob" and i so wanted to know what happened and i did not want him to be bad!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Landiana wrote:
in NM when bella finds out Jacob is a werewolf my heart stopped i was like "but he can't be a murderer he's jacob" and i so wanted to know what happened and i did not want him to be bad!
definately! Also, my heart stopped when i realized Bella was going to die giving birth to Reneesme- i swear i started bawling right there; i love Bella! And i feel so connected to her that the thought of her dying tore me apart! I got even MORE anxious and over the edge when Reneesme was being born! i Swear the whole time i was freaking out saying "dont die dont die" and then to have Rosalie flip out almost killed me! Ugh...but of course! the fact that Jacob saved Bella from Rosalie (and saved Rosalie from herself) made me feel so much better at the moment...only to go back to freaking out cause i thought Bella was going to die...Not to mention the end of Breaking Dawn...i promise i was such a mess when they were all saying goodbye to one another- i was so relieved when no one was obliterated- though i wish Caius was...stupid guy wouldn't shut his trap :x
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's Grandma »

Twilight: It wasn't so much Edward leaving because I actually found that to be a relief - his brooding the days before was too stressful. My jaw dropped when Bella went back into her room and everything was gone. It was as if he never existed.

BD: When Bella almost died giving birth. This is not a criticism, but once Bella got pregnant, all my preconceived notions of what could and couldn't happen were gone. I thought anything could happen - even Bella dying.

BD: Jacob wanting to kill Renesme and then imprinting - never saw it coming. Complete jaw dropper! Again, completely believed he was going to try to kill her.
Lauren
Settled in Forks

Post by Lauren »

For me, it has to be in BD when Alice and Jasper leave, with no explanation at first. I was totally shocked, because Alice had always been there, using her gift to help and protect her family, and she was the most sisterly character, so you really felt the pain the Cullens must have been feeling when she left.
irunwithvampires
Settled in Forks

Post by irunwithvampires »

When Bella pulls the tampons out of her suitcase.

That literally made me hold my breath. I was just like........no way. :)
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Wow... this is one that I could post several times in... I didn't read everyone else's posts, though.

From Twilight-
1. The meadow as a heart-stopping romantic scene; I had to re-read it to make sure I got all of it!
2. Phenomenon chapter; again, had to re-read.
3. The fight with James

From New Moon-
1. OMG, chapter 3; I was crying so hard, I couldn't believe Edward was doing this, and I was so temped to peek in the back and see if he came back!!!
2. Bella jumping off the cliffs was nerve-wracking for me!
3. Bella running through the plaza! Oh my word, I could feel her pain as she saw Edward start to step into the light.
4. The whole scene in front of the Volturri; I didn't stop reading fast until they were on the plane home; then I had to stop and collect myself to continue.
5. As a side, I always hear "My Immortal" by Evanescence when I read B&E's conversation the next day. I get choked up on the line, "these wounds won't seem to heal, the pain is just too real, there's just too much that time cannot erase..." I can see Bella curled up on her bed, weeping, the night after she was brought home from the woods!

From Eclipse-
1. The night Bella plans to seduce Edward-- yeah, that was DEFINITELY a heart-stopping scene! I remember the first time I read it, and I was going so fast thinking, "Is she really going there??? What's going to happen??"
2. Rosalie's story was heart-stopping, too.
3. The legends told around the fire was a great chapter.
4. The fight between Edward and Victoria; when Bella got ready to pierce her arm to attract Victoria, I thought I was gonna die!! ..not literally...!
5. Bella and Jake's kiss before the fight was heart-stopping; I actually stopped breathing when she started kissing him back and saw a future with him; I was crying, and yelling at her to stop!
6. Her conversation with Jacob at the end was the most gut-wrenching thing I've ever read.

From Breaking Dawn-
1. Wow, I take back that last statement... the childbirth scene was the most gut-wrenching thing in the series! I was shocked, crying, mourning because I thought Bella was dead! I'll always think of Jake and cry when I hear "My Never." This was the part in the whole series that I had to literally put the book down, walk away, and calm myself.
2. Alice and Jasper leaving was just heart-breaking; I understood why, though... one touch of the hand, and Aro would know everything!
3. The scene when the Cullens are preparing for the fight and they are saying their good-byes to each other was just too much to read... I was preparing myself for someone's, any one of the Cullens' deaths!
4. The next scene when Alice comes back was so nerve-wracking! Just waiting while Aro and Marcus (right? I don't have my BD with me; it's lent-out) are discussing what to do! They were digging for an excuse, and I was getting mad! How could they hurt the Cullens without hearing the truth!! I was truly hoping that didn't happen!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Stacia wrote:Yay! I wanted this thread, lol! I guess, I'll start with New Moon -
Pages 69-70 & 73
"Bella, I don't want you to come with me." He spoke the words slowly and precisely, his cold eyes on my face, watching as I absorbed what he was really saing.
There was a pause as I repeated the words in my head a few times, sifting through them for their real intent.
"You...don't...want me?" I tired out the workds, confused by the way they sounded, placed in that order.
"No."
"You're not good for me, Bella." He turned his earlier words around, and so I had no argument. How well I knew that I wasn't good enough for him.
He was gone.

It always hurts to think that you aren't good enough for someone and then for them to actually vocalize the thought can crush a person. I think Edward leaving is one of the most heart stopping moments in the series...

I'm sure I'll post more later!

I know. that's one of my most nerve wrecking moments too. I hated that part. I cried....soo hard.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett