General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by Susie »

I agree with all! But I got especially choked up at the end of Eclipse (Jacob's point of view) when he got the wedding invitation - Edward's note in particular. Can someone give me the quote of Edward's note? My Eclipse book is loaned out right now. I really had tears in my eyes. I hope the movie does it justice.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Susie wrote:I agree with all! But I got especially choked up at the end of Eclipse (Jacob's point of view) when he got the wedding invitation - Edward's note in particular. Can someone give me the quote of Edward's note? My Eclipse book is loaned out right now. I really had tears in my eyes. I hope the movie does it justice.
Oh, so did i! I felt really really sorry for Jake then, and Billy actually! I have to revisit!
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
twilightguy
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightguy »

Can someone give me the quote of Edward's note? My Eclipse book is loaned out right now. I really had tears in my eyes. I hope the movie does it justice.
Here you go I'm not sure what page because i have the book on my iphone but it's page 439 on there but here's the note

Jacob,

I'm breaking the rules by sending you this. She was afraid of hurting you, and she didn't want to make you feel obligated in any way. But I know that, if things had gone the other way, I would have wanted the choice.
I promise I will take care of her, Jacob. Thank you- for her- for everything.

Edward
I’m sure you’ll ace your classes… apparently there’s nothing interesting for you to do at night besides study.

Emmett Cullen
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Thanks! There. It happened again. I got all choked up reading it just now. Anyone feel the same way???
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

dont worry same here i cried whilst reading all the books especially bd at the end i cry just thinking of it :D
team edward all the way
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Yes!!! The end of BD!!!! I don't know why that is - it is just so profound!! I cried too!
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

The_Lamb wrote: But THE most heart stopping moment in the series for me was Nessie's birth. Omg. Just the second she leans over and then there's a ripping sound, and a fountain of blood etc. etc.

I must admit, I actually… faint… in my first reading of the chapter 18. I've never faint before so I didn't understand why I ear that annoying sound… I was so worried by the state of Bella. One second I was reading and the next I was on the floor with my mother passing me a compress of water over the face. It was close of «bedtime» and I had an hard day at work, so when Mom understands that was because of my book, she took it away from me for the rest of the night. Have you an idea of the torture? I didn’t even know if Bella survived! Now, my family is always teaseing me from that event... :roll:

Does it count as a heart stopping moment? ;)

livelove&twilight wrote:i definietly agree and when i first came to the lex i checked out the timeline and found out that part actually happened on my bday i am now convinced my birthday is cursed day

Lol! On my birthday, Bella get attack by James AND throw herself from the cliff! So I understand your feeling! :)

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Kate - Yes, that counts as a heart stopping moment!!!
I was a bit squeamish about all of that too!!!

Well, my birthday is in November, and that's when Bella is in the depths of depression in NM!!!
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

Susie: Thank you reassuring me! I was thinking that I was the only one... Even after three or four time, I still need a break when i'm reading that part… :oops:
In November… I bet Bella forgot to buy you a gift… ;)

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Kate - I like your avatar - Is that another "heart stopping moment"??

There are so many...
from Chapter 13 Twilight -
I inched closer, stretched out my whole hand now to trace the contours of his forearm with my fingertips. I saw that my fingers trembled, and knew it wouldn't escape his notice. "Do you mind?" I asked, for he had closed his eyes again. "No," he said without opening his eyes. "You can't imagine how that feels." He sighed.

Ok, well maybe it's not exactly a heart stopping moment, maybe it falls under the category of "erotic". Is there a thread for that???