General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilightchick79
Wandering Through Town

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by Twilightchick79 »

I have to agree with other posts that for me it was the part when Edwards believes Bella has died (phone call between him and Jacob) and then the race to save him from the Volturi. I stood up while reading the part when she was running to stop Edward from the sunlight. I was pacing, sweating, crying... I was just a big snot filled blubbering idiot reading that. I wanted to start screaming out Edwards name to stop him... hahahah. It was INCREDIBLY emotionally draining after reading that. I had to take a a few hours break between New Moon and moving onto Eclipse.
My life was like a moonless night. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. There was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, everything went black. My eyes were blinded by the light. And there was no more reason for anything.
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

The ones that stand out for me are Bella racing against the clock to save Edward at the end of New Moon, and surprisingly the parts in Eclipse leading up to the big fight and then the fight its self, I didn't find those parts too overly dramatic but for some reason while reading them my heart races and I get chest pains, it's very strange.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

The most nerve racking moment int he entire 4 book series is Bella in the Square trying to reach Edward in NM...nothing else comes close... ;)

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
angelgonemad
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Scotland - Land of the Brave or something like that...

Post by angelgonemad »

The most nerve-wrecking and hear stopping moment for me was when Edward left or would that be a heart stopping, breath taking (in a bad way) ultimately depressing moment??

Either way it was bad for me...my heart started beating real fast and I was like he can't do that!
Hmm this quote isn't right but oh well -

"This isn't real" - Bella
"It is in my world" - Edward
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

end of BD and when Edward left.
End of story.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
IluvEdward27
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by IluvEdward27 »

In New Moon when Edward was saying good bye to Bella. I wanted to slap him. How could he even think about leaving Bella? And in Breaking Dawn the whole chapter "There are no words for this".
purplevampire17
Settled in Forks

Post by purplevampire17 »

Surprisingly, when Bella first found out she was pregnat. i think i stared at the book with my mouth hanging open for a few minutes. then i read faster...
And when edward left. that goes without saying :cry:
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair.
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever. Mafia~Veronica DiMarco (Vi)
http://www.givesmehope.com/ visit it or face the wrath of my purple-ninja-vampire-monkeys!!
JoanneMaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: crying in the midst of a boundless labyrinth of ancient trees *New York*

Post by JoanneMaria »

The honeymoon, Edward so unsure and frightened,
"Life sucks, and then you die." BD 143
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

The honeymoon was a great moment to be sure, but not that nerve racking, rather something else comes to mind... ;)

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

i couldn't agree with you more. i wanted edward to come back immediatly and when i turned the pages and all the months passed it just broke my heart. i had to take a break after reading that part to regain control. i was just crying so much. i hope the movie will at least include that kind of emotion in that scene.
[/quote]

I'm going to agree with you on that one. I knew it was coming with the name of the chapter, but I thought I HAD to be WRONG!! He could not leave. When I got to the months page after page, I cried... :( ....waking my husband up, he asked me what was wrong, and all I could say was "He left Bella" (through my sobs) he just turned over and went back to sleep,.... but it was awful, even thinking about it now makes me want to cry. I am bringing a box of tissues to the theater when I go to see the movie, i cry though movies all the time so I know I will need them for this one.

I was one of the people who looked at all the chapters ahead to make sure he was coming back, before I could go any further. Now I have to reread it to get what I missed, because all I thought was "When is Edward coming back!!"

Other spots that I really just was in shock for:
Jacob and Bella kissing before the fight, I was quite upset with Bella.
Alice leaving in BD - That really upset me, I love Alice, she is by far my favorite and all I thought was, I can't believe she would just ditch them.
Bella teaming up with Rosalie when she was pregnant - That had me saying a few choice words.
Last would be the honeymoon and after she became a Vampire at night - But those were good shocking moments ;)
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."