General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by Susie »

When Alice and Jasper leave in BD. When I first read it, I was so upset!! Now in subsequent readings, I can relax a bit since I know everything's going to be OK.
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

*ECLIPSE: When Jacob kissed Bella, didn't see that 1 coming.. I never thought Jacob could kiss Bella w/o her permission, you know.. thinking that Charlie knows him and is a friend of his dad.. Sometimes, he can be really annoying..

*NEW MOON: When Edward left Bella, I never thought that he could do that to her, considering how the books imply her love for her.. This is just an opinion but I sure thought that if Edward stayed away for a little longer.. Jacob and Bella could be together..

*BREAKING DAWN: When Alice and Jasper left, I really thought they could leave their family just like that.. I mean even though they are vampire, they've developed relationships as a family.. When I read that they left for their own safety my first words in mind were "How selfish can they be?" ; but then at the end they were just looking for a living proof so that their niece Nessie can be saved..
-babynessie_18-
Alice's Grandma
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's Grandma »

Twilight: When Bella was dying and Edward had to decide what he was going to do. Since I read Twilight when it first came out, l didn't know if there was going to be another book.

New Moon: When Alice returns - Bella's reaction broke my heart.

Eclipse: Can't think of anything else but that famous kiss - Jacob's kiss - not Edward's leg over the hip kiss. Although heart stopping in its own way.

BD: The burning man scene. Edward asking Jacob to father Bella's child - now there was a desparate man
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

Post by babynessie_18 »

Alice's Grandma wrote:Twilight: When Bella was dying and Edward had to decide what he was going to do. Since I read Twilight when it first came out, l didn't know if there was going to be another book.

New Moon: When Alice returns - Bella's reaction broke my heart.

Eclipse: Can't think of anything else but that famous kiss - Jacob's kiss - not Edward's leg over the hip kiss. Although heart stopping in its own way.

BD: The burning man scene. Edward asking Jacob to father Bella's child - now there was a desparate man
Jacob and Bella's kiss was phenomenal. That's all.
-babynessie_18-
Jeakat
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jeakat »

I have two, and they're both from NM.

1) Edward leaving. Actually, my unease started from the night of Bella's birthday. I could sense something big was going to happen but I just couldn't think about him leaving her. When it did I was so sad. I kept telling myself that it was ok, he'd come back soon. He had to come back soon. Turning the pages which just had the months on I was actually saying "No, no, no!" out loud.

2) The chase to go and get Edward in Italy. The whole segment from when Alice has her vision to when Bella finally gets to Edward, I was so on edge. I think it was half out of concern for Edward and half excitment that we were actually going to see him again.
I wasn’t born a compassionless shrew. I used to be sort of nice, you know - Leah Clearwater, Breaking Dawn, p.316
Fade1000
Settled in Forks

Post by Fade1000 »

Sorry all-haven't managed to go back and read all of the posts before this, but wanted to jump in because this is actually something I was thinking about recently.

My mouth pretty much hit the floor in New Moon after Edward leaves when I hit the three blank pages with just the names of the months at the top.

It was an incredibly powerful way for SM to convey the sense of loss, of Bella's life just stopping. As another author, I was flipping back and forth between jealousy over how well SM executed the piece of the story, and near tears at how bad Bella had to be hurting.

I know Twilight gets a lot of grief in some circles, but in everything I've read, I can't think of a more powerful message ever expressed more succinctly. I was incredibly impressed and couldn't wait to see what happened next.

Dean
--Author of Absence & other stories
http://http://www.deansonlinefiction.co ... bsence.php