General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by Persephonie »

Definitly when Bella rushes to save Edward in New Moon.
That was very intense, even if I knew she was going to suceed (because I had 2 other books to read).
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

I think mine was in Eclipse towards the end when Jacob kissed her and she kissed back!! I thought Edward would come through the trees at any moment and see them! I was SO upset. I was screaming in my head at Bella to stop!! I had to actually stop reading and read a little bit about BD on the net just to calm myself down. I thought she was going to choose JACOB!!! :shock:
ImageImage
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

The last three or four chapters of Breaking Dawn - the whole potential battle scene in the baseball clearing and even the couple of chapters that lead up to it , you could really feel the heavy dread the characters were feeling - especially Bella.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
BroadwayAmanda93
Wandering Through Town

Post by BroadwayAmanda93 »

jess_marie wrote:I agree with some of the comments above about New Moon.
I've actually been through the same thing and I cried so hard I had to put the book down.
It's the ONLY book I cannot bring myself to re-read... not yet anyway.
Me too. New Moon was absolutely heartbreaking. I've read Twilght seven times, Eclipse four times, and Breaking Dawn twice, but New Moon only once. And no, I didn't just skim the pages because Edward wasn't there! I really read it. I haven't reread it. Unless you count reading Edward's proposal! :D
ImageImage Image
Analisse
Learning to Love Green

Post by Analisse »

The first time I had a moment like this, I was reading Twilight. James was attacking Bella and I was thinking all the time "God let Edward get there on time" I couldn't read fast enought to calm myself down (and I usually read really fast,LOL).

Next time was on New Moon, Bella was about to jump off the cliff and I was thinking "Why did Edward have to go, she wouldn't be doing this, When is he coming back???" I had another one reading New Moon and it was when Bella is running to save Edward, I was reading so fast thinking "Please Bella don't fall, run faster" New Moon almost gave a hard attack (LOL) While Edward, Bella and Alice, where with the Volturi, I was reading so fast that I wasn't actually blinking (it was my mom who notice that I wasn't blinking and told me "Please stop reading and blink), I remember I was so scare all the time, I didn't calm myslef down until they were back to Forks.

Eclipse: Where should I start???? (LOL). First time I started to read fast, becuase of course I wanted to read what was going to happen, was Bella comes home after Alice took her for the weekend and she founds out that someone was on her room, when Edward said to her that another vampire was there I was "OMG, I have to read faster".
During the night that Edward, Bella and Jacon stay all together on the tent, I couldn't stop reading during the part they were talking.
Then during the fight, I was reading fast again, my heart was about to stop all the time.

Breaking Dawn have me without sleeping, reading all the time and barely stoping for the 2 days that took me read the book for the first time. It was heart stopping all the time, it was amazing.
twigal
Wandering Through Town

Post by twigal »

Most heart-stopping moment for me was in New Moon. It was when they were in Volterra and Bella was running through the crowd because I was like "omg, all he has to do is walk two steps and it's all over" I was skimming that part just to make sure Bella got to him in time.
I'm just going to waste time wandering through town until something Twilight-related comes by.
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I'm really surprised I din't cry at that bit, but I do remember my throat being tight and sore,
i was shocked and angry and so saddened that he could ever think such things
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

My heart was beating triple time at that part and my eyes were flying across the page trying to make it end happy!!!!
ImageImage
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Twilightlover101 wrote:I'm really surprised I din't cry at that bit, but I do remember my throat being tight and sore,
i was shocked and angry and so saddened that he could ever think such things

ahahaha both your sig and avator have me on the floor dying of laughter!!! genius!!!!!!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
fiish3
Wandering Through Town

Post by fiish3 »

Definately Edward leaving in new moon, his speech when he told bella that she wasnt good for him was just heartstopping, well more like heartbreaking. Then the "months" pages in new moon that was heart stopping.
i just felt so sad, almost going to cry.