General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by ShadowNIN »

Forgiven wrote:Ehh, I don't do well with audio. I can't really imagine it you know? I like to picture it as I go.
I only have it so I can listen to it at work. :mrgreen: Yes, I have Obsessive Cullen Disorder. I read the books at home...
ImageImage
Forgiven
Settled in Forks

Post by Forgiven »

Man, just can't get enough of NM huh.
I've got your back if you've got my hand
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

Forgiven wrote:Man, just can't get enough of NM huh.
Well, I actually have all of the audio books except for BD. :mrgreen: I don't think BD is out yet....I've only revisted NM once, the rest at least 3 or 4....
ImageImage
pixiephish
Settled in Forks

Post by pixiephish »

I don't know if I'm posting in the right thread or not.
As far as the Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments - one of the most heart-wrenching moments for me was in BD when Jacob and Edward walk out of the house to "talk" and Jacob describes his face as "the burning man" and says his mouth is open like he's screaming, but no sound coming out - then when his knees give out...
I almost DIED when reading that! My heart was breaking, but there was nothing I could do! Just the thought of him showing that much pain!!!!! AAUGH!!!! .. :cry:
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

pixiephish wrote:I don't know if I'm posting in the right thread or not.
As far as the Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments - one of the most heart-wrenching moments for me was in BD when Jacob and Edward walk out of the house to "talk" and Jacob describes his face as "the burning man" and says his mouth is open like he's screaming, but no sound coming out - then when his knees give out...
I almost DIED when reading that! My heart was breaking, but there was nothing I could do! Just the thought of him showing that much pain!!!!! AAUGH!!!! .. :cry:

totally! that part had my DYING, i'd never been able to imagine Edward like that...so Jacob's description of it and the fact that he felt bad for Edward had me dying even more
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Forgiven
Settled in Forks

Post by Forgiven »

ShadowNIN, mlola619, and BlueStarlight

Just bought New Moon. Also, thanks ShadowNIN for offering to send me the tracks, very nice of you.
I've got your back if you've got my hand
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Forgiven wrote:ShadowNIN, mlola619, and BlueStarlight

Just bought New Moon. Also, thanks ShadowNIN for offering to send me the tracks, very nice of you.
bless you, seriously it's an important read...let me know what you think! :D
And if you don't like it, do what Stephenie suggested, read it again...it's seriously an awesome book and though i can't choose a favorite book from the series, all i can say is that i really enjoyed New Moon :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
ShadowNIN

Post by ShadowNIN »

mlola619 wrote:
Forgiven wrote:ShadowNIN, mlola619, and BlueStarlight

bless you, seriously it's an important read...let me know what you think! :D
And if you don't like it, do what Stephenie suggested, read it again...it's seriously an awesome book and though i can't choose a favorite book from the series, all i can say is that i really enjoyed New Moon :D
I agree about the read it again part. :mrgreen: Well, I guess I would, but the first time I read it I was waiting for Edward to return, so I think I missed a few things. The second time, I could enjoy it a lot more!
ImageImage
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Shadow- that's right. I did the same thing, too! I was reading it so fast wondering when Edward would come back, that I had to read it again. I, too, missed several details my first go-around.
Forgiven- I'm glad you decided to read it!!!
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Oh yes, when Edward left that was nerve-wracking and heart stopping! But the worst were the following pages with just the months written on!!! That was... well, beyond description, I think. I could feel all the loss and hurt Bella felt at that time. I couldn't believe that he would be gone for such a long time (sorry, if someone wrote that before, but I had to get that out of my system). :cry:

And I also missed some details the first time reading New Moon because I was reading so fast (I almost - but only almost - checked the end of the book to see whether Edward would really come back) because I couldn't wait for Edward to turn up again. Knowing the ending made reading New Moon easier the second time around (but I still thought it nerve-wracking and heart stopping).

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter