Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by fanMNM »

Everyone mentioned such great moments!

I felt like that most of the way through the books...just couldn't wait to know what was going to happen next. I had to go back and reread them all a second time because I had felt like I flew thru them the 1st time waaayyy too quickly to catch everything! :)

The part in NM when Bella sees Carlisle's car outside of her house, that was definitely one of the big moments for me...along with:
1. Bella's trying to get to Edward in time at the end of NM
2. when Jacob leaves his pack to protect Bella in BD
3. when Nessie is born and Bella is dying
4. when Bella first awakens as a vampire
5. the whole ending, from the battle field until the last page :)

Thank you Naureen!!
Mrs. Ashlie Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Ashlie Cullen »

When Alice tells Bella Edwars was going to kill himself because he thought she was dead and at first Bella doesn't realize what Alice is talking about because she said he was going to Italy and Bella was remembering what Edward said what he was going to do if she died when they were watching Romeo and Juliet, and then Bella finally realized what Alice is talking about him going to "Italy" and she starts screaming NO! I started balling my eyes out!!!. --- New Moon pg. 418
Emmett: Excellent plan my brother!
Rosalie: No.
Bella: Absolutely not!
Jasper: Nice
Alice: Idiots.

Emmett: "Fall down again Bella?"
Bella: "No Emmett I punched a warewolf in the face!"

ChasingTheCullens!<3
Settled in Forks

Post by ChasingTheCullens!<3 »

At the end of Breaking Dawn when Jake and Renesmee are leaving, when Edward says to Jacob "Goodbye Jjacob, my brother, my son" I actually started bawling at the My Son part, literally, I had to put the book down and cry for like 5 minutes straight wans't even funny, my mum thought I'd like broken my foot lol
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Me too!
That part when they are telling Jacob and Nessie goodbye, I was bawling forever!
My mom came in and was like "What's wrong?" and I told her to go away because she wouldn't understand!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
ChasingTheCullens!<3
Settled in Forks

Post by ChasingTheCullens!<3 »

omg awwww! But like, I cried loads when Ii had actually FINNISHED BD, because it like hit me, It's over. Ther series is over, once I got to that point that was it for my emtional tether lol
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I was disappointed when I realized it was over too!

I had one of those heart pounding moments when I read the part where Alice drops the vase when her vision of the Volturi coming for them starts...I still can't read it without that sense of panic hiting. SM wrote that so wonderfully that it makes the reader feel the tension all the vampires in the room must have been feeling!

Thank you Naureen!!
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

spookybell wrote:I honestly I'd have to say one of the moments for me was

OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER
JANUARY

my heart dropped as I thought This is Bad!

I agree with many of you but don't want to repeat everything!!!!
Oh my God! This was it for me. When I saw the blank page of October, I was like, "Oh, a new chapter." Turned the pages to find "November". And my heart sank a little. Then flipped the page to see "December". And then the pricks at the eyes started. And then "January" the tears full on started.

The next moment that got to me was the race to save Edward from stepping out into the sun. My heart was racing and I was like -- dang your human slowness, Bella! lol
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I cried when Edward left Bella.

I cried when Bella kissed Jacob.

I cried when I thought Bella might die giving birth. (I mean why else would SM suddenly write in Jacob's POV?)

But I was in absolue hystarics on page 722-724 of Breaking Dawn.

These were the quotes from those pages that did it for me:

"I love you, too," I said, and then I touched her locket. "More than my own life." I kissed her forehead.
Jacob whined uneasily.
------------------------------------------------------------------

"I love you, too, Jake. You'll always be my best man."
A tear the size of a baseball rolled down into the russet fur beneath his eye.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Goodbye, Jacob, my brother...my son."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean seriously. For me, at least, those few pages were the most heart-wrenching in the entire series.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

ChasingTheCullens!<3 wrote:omg awwww! But like, I cried loads when Ii had actually FINNISHED BD, because it like hit me, It's over. Ther series is over, once I got to that point that was it for my emtional tether lol
Oh, ME TOO! My friends didn't seem to understand why the end made me so emotional :cry: But it hit me so hard when I read The End....I thought, ok, start Twilight over, asap, it'll be ok.... :?

:lol:
JenTheWriter wrote:Oh my God! This was it for me. When I saw the blank page of October, I was like, "Oh, a new chapter." Turned the pages to find "November". And my heart sank a little. Then flipped the page to see "December". And then the pricks at the eyes started. And then "January" the tears full on started.
Had the exact same reaction! Seriously, with every month I reacted exactly the same way. Ok, new chapter/month or something...then the heart sank...then the stinging in the eyes...then just full on crying :cry:
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

Oh goodness..most heart stopping moments. There are so many. A few off the top of my head...

When Edward leaves Bella. I practically skipped the whole second section of the book wondering if Edward was ever coming back. I was almost ready to quit reading. I asked my sister if he came back, she looked me straight in the eye and said, "Nope." Believe me, when I got to the part when he was back, I called her and gave her a piece of my mind!

I also was speed reading through the whole end of New Moon when Bella is running to save Edward before the clock strikes 12.

During Breaking Dawn I couldn't even finish reading without knowing what was happening. I caved and read a summary on Wikipedia so that I could enjoy the book without having a panic attack :)

Does that sound crazy?? Oh well!!
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)