General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
K-Dawg
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Most Nerve-wracking, heart stopping Moments thread

Post by K-Dawg »

It had to be when Edward left Bella in New Moon! Oh My God, I cried so much. I had to put the book down and calm down before I could start reading again. I cheated, and flipped to the back to make sure I could see Edward's name. I wasn't going to keep reading if he didn't come back :cry: ;)
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

When Edward left was the lowest most painfull parth in the series.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i totally agree - in breaking dawn when Alice and Jazz left i was like "WHAT" - i so could not put the book down until they were back. also the whole battle of wits - my mum wanted me to do something for her while i was reading it and i was not impressed ! i had to put the book down and for the rest of the day it was the only thing i could think about.

hmm... others. when edward and jacob are trying to save bella. i mean i knew that bella could not die - SM would not have been able to do that, but i could not help myself from flicking forward loads.

okay so basically it was the whole of Breaking Dawn. i only stopped reading it once (as mentioned above) and even when i reread it i am on the edge of my seat.

the fight in eclipse also made me flick ahead - i just wanted edward and seth to be safe!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Twilight...I was stressed out when she first learned he was a vampire and then, just waiting for the confrontation between Bella and Edward...ugh!
My heart stopped when he finally admitted he was a vampire...

New moon...when Edward left, but more when Alice came back for Bella and when they saw Edward try to kill himself. Of course when she was running across the square...And waiting for him to finally admit he was an idiot for leaving her...

Eclipse...the fight...but also when she hit Jake the whole Jake/Edward moment. Also when Jake showed Edward how Bella had suffered..

BD...Jakes whole book...I was so stressed worried for Bella...and then the end when they all said goodbye to each other :(
MySpaceHeater
Settled in Forks

Post by MySpaceHeater »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:"All the king's horses and all the king's men...
But there was nothing there, just me, just him.
Working over a corpse.
Because that's all that was left of the girl we both loved. This broken, bled-out, mangled corpse. We couldn't put Bella together again."
--Breaking Dawn, 355

This is the part when I started crying my eyes out in BD. I really thought Bella was dead and I just could not take it. A very appropriate "heart-stopping" moment I'd say.
I have to agree with you there, I was in tears at that part, and I was really annoyed because I couldn't see the words proparly! :lol:

Another part was in New Moon where Alice has just told Bella that Edward has gone to Italy, I was freaking out until Bella saved him.
"Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?"
"I don't have any leeches on my speed dial."
"You should've seen his face when I started taking my clothes off, though. Priceless."
"Sure sure."

Ren-who? Jacob's mine
mcdowellswife
Wandering Through Town

Post by mcdowellswife »

This may sound weird but the absolute worst moments for me were the empty pages in New Moon. You just know that Bella is in such an awful place and it makes you break for her.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

mcdowellswife wrote:This may sound weird but the absolute worst moments for me were the empty pages in New Moon. You just know that Bella is in such an awful place and it makes you break for her.
Yes!!! i swear on that part it really hit me....*sniff*
Tengo Nubs. wrote:
"All the king's horses and all the king's men...
But there was nothing there, just me, just him.
Working over a corpse.
Because that's all that was left of the girl we both loved. This broken, bled-out, mangled corpse. We couldn't put Bella together again."
--Breaking Dawn, 355

This is the part when I started crying my eyes out in BD. I really thought Bella was dead and I just could not take it. A very appropriate "heart-stopping" moment I'd say.
i also have to comment on that part...i was already in tears because of that intense moment where Jacob and Edward were desperately trying to save Bella- and the fact that Jacob put his emotions into words like that "that's all that was left of the girl we both loved. This broken, bled-out, mangled corpse"...i just lost it, i was i utter shock that something so terrible was happening to them! :cry: !!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

mcdowellswife wrote:This may sound weird but the absolute worst moments for me were the empty pages in New Moon. You just know that Bella is in such an awful place and it makes you break for her.
i totally agree. my heart fell when i saw them and i was like uh oh something is so so wrong. i mean i really did not expect that strong a reaction.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

The most nerve wracking moment for me was probably in BD, when Alice had the vision of the Volturi coming for the Cullens. That just kept me turning the pages because I needed/had to know what was going to happen.

There were so many moments throughout the whole series that were nerve wracking, which made you keep wanting to read more.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

My SIL and I were reading BD together and I finished before her...I called and asked where she was at and she said two chapters from the end of jacobs book.
I told her to put it down...go to bed..and start it in the morning, cause thats when it gets really good and you wont be able to stop reading until you finish!