Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss the Volturi as a group, all the questions you have about them and how they operate. For example, the questions that prompted the start of this thread were:
Where do the Volturi get their money?
Why doesn't the large number of missing tourist raise suspicions?

To discuss the individual members of the Volturi, visit the Sparkling in the Sun forum.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by Valentina »

As for the money issue, I think since the Volturi have been around for 3000 years, give or take, they're probably pretty good at choosing investments and the like... and possibly as art dealers. The tourism thing I believe is probably the main source of income, but that leads to the second question about the missing tourists.

You'd think that people wouldn't keep going there... even if the mysterious disappearances of the tourists could be explained as accidents... would you go somewhere that a large percentage of tourists die in freak accidents?

Anyone have any ideas? Or anything other questions about the Volturi to discuss?
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Yea, the volturi have been around for quite a while they might have even stolen the money for all anyone knows it's not like anyone would recognize them 150 years later. *shrugs*
Well yea you would think people would notice, maybe they only choose those who no one would miss (sad i know) you know people who don't have any family or friends, loners i guess you could say.
People just can't help but be drawn to the historical place and the freak accidents just adds to the mystery of the place.
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

There wouldn't be THAT many people no one would miss. Its not like homeless people can afford Italian holidays! Except Italian homeless people, I guess. XP

Maybe avoid people who are taking pictures. Chances are there's someone who's back home waiting to see those pictures. And couples. Especially honeymooning ones. They had to at least have had one person there, but the type that holidays in Italy for their honeymoon? Probably had several hundred wedding guests and an overbearing mother-in-law or two.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I wonder if that's part of Heidi's "fishing" ability...finding people who won't be missed.

Another idea I had is that maybe the "accidents" don't occur in Volterra. The Volturi could stage plane crashes or train wrecks in other cities/countries to account for the missing tourists. All they would have to do is load up the bodies and make sure the crash is so big that the bodies are reasonably burned and dismembered so a coroner couldn't tell the exact cause of death. Hmmm I'm still trying to work out all the details of this theory.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i think that the Volturi just steal all of the money from the people that theyeat. i mean it theer they probably would not let it go to waste when the people who originally owned it arent really needing it any more
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

It seems kind of tacky to steal from your dinner.
Davrick
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Davrick »

Didn't Alice say that they bring in their food from outside Volterra anyways? The tourists could be led there from tour spots elsewhere and so it wouldn't hurt Volterra's tourism. Just go pick up a random tour group on it's way to Tuscany and reroute them and no one would probably really tell the difference until the bloodbath started.
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

[quote="Davrick"]Didn't Alice say that they bring in their food from outside Volterra anyways? [quote]

I think so...or didn't Edward say that Volterra was the safest place for people from vampires because they forbid hunting inside the city, thats how they avoid suspicion?

Something I was wondering was how Aro, along with the whole guard, go about finding all of their "talent"? I understand that they go after it when they find it in a coven, like the Cullens, but how do they find out about the others. I imagine no other coven is as big or as connected as the Cullens. Does Aro just go on a yearly expediction or do they have to be alerted to it first?
*I was just wondring*
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
Valentina

Post by Valentina »

Davrick- I do remember that now! I guess then it would be easier to fake accidents that way.

With the extensive network the Volturi has I think Aro would probably not have to look too hard for his collection. It doesn't sound like anything in the vampire world goes unnoticed by the Volturi. As for humans with particular talents, they have to be very gifted for something to show while they are human.

Maybe he reads the tabloid magazines! Like how in Men in Black, all the crazy stuff in the tabloids was true but no one believed it!