General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by Spartan »

Landiana wrote: a note on Chelsea - why do you think she has to power to break bonds and tighten them? why do you think she does it for the volturi?
Perhaps in her human life she was a very good diplomat or business person kind of thing - or maybe she's just really good at sowing discord among others. I certainly know someone who can.
I think she has feelings for Aro or someone so she stays on for them.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I would agree with Spartan on Chelsea.She had to have had some diplomatic responsibilitites in her human life. The vampire powers so far seem to be elevated human powers, like Jasper and his influence on others.

Alec and Jane were the two I really didn't like the most of the entire coven/gaurd. Jane seemed to really have it in for Bella in Breaking Dawn when she couldn't hurt any of the witnesses that the Cullens pulled together and then started attacking Bella. She won't be able to harm any one with Bella around any more. :lol:
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

Spartan wrote:
Landiana wrote: a note on Chelsea - why do you think she has to power to break bonds and tighten them? why do you think she does it for the volturi?
Perhaps in her human life she was a very good diplomat or business person kind of thing - or maybe she's just really good at sowing discord among others. I certainly know someone who can.
I think she has feelings for Aro or someone so she stays on for them.

Eleazar said in BD that when Aro thinks that a Coven is to big and will out run The Volturi, that all The Volturi and the Guards kill the coven, and thats how he met Chelsea, Eleazar told Aro her power, (which Aro liked) so Aro killed All the Coven and only spared her life if she joined The Volturi. So i think Chelsea would do anything for Aro, because he spared her life.
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

^^ How the hell did I forget that?
Tyr
Settled in Forks

Post by Tyr »

If Chelsea can see, break, and strengthen bonds why do they need Marcus? Isn't his ability just to sense the bonds? I would think having Chelsea would make Marcus worthless to Aro for his ability. But at the same time I can see how Marcus is a big part of the group. The Guard was not all evil they do what their told because they believe their masters are doing the right thing and obeying the laws.

I could see Marcus as the most relateable of the ancients. I think Edward would welcome him to the Cullens if he wanted to join them or their cousin coven. Because he would see that yes Marcus voted to keep Renesme alive, but not for the same reasons. He would relate to him easy enough learning what Aro did.

I need to go read that story sometime soon to get a better grasp of it. But I liked Marcus from the moment I read NM and in BD.

I think the Volturi do the same as the Cullens do but on a bigger scale. They can invest in something because many years later they can maked millions off it. Plus Human Money is not that big of an importance for them. As for the food, I thought the method was wear because Aro said something about accidents happening which made me think that they all feed at the same time but I can't exactly see Aro or the rest of the Ancients feeding with their guard, they would go first then the guard would have their turn.
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

i wonder what they do with the bodies. i can imagine someone in the guard, like felix, just packing the bodies into a tour bus and then pushing it down a very high clif, so that the bodies are recognisable, but cause of death is obvious enough that there is no need for an autopsy
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Tyr
Settled in Forks

Post by Tyr »

I doubt it, there would be an investigation and wether it traces back or not is mute. I think they would just burn the bodies and the evidence and forget about them. I mean what do you do with the chicken bones when your done with it, bury it?
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

They probobly burn them yeh, I would agree that they might not have "Feasts" like in NM often - people probobly just dissapear and end up as the Volturi leaders and their wives sustanance but the rest of them, like the guards would probobly be expected to go out and hunt somewhere.

That was a really good point about Marcus having a lesser power than Chelsea ( in a way ) , I suppose they stick with him because he is thier "Good Guy" I mean Caius can hardly be commonly thought of as benevolent, and though Aro is the approachable one I guess the vamps all know how harsh he might sometimes be. Though of course many would admire that as a stregnth - To know when to act forcefully and to punish where needed.
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

Landiana wrote:i wonder what they do with the bodies. i can imagine someone in the guard, like felix, just packing the bodies into a tour bus and then pushing it down a very high clif, so that the bodies are recognisable, but cause of death is obvious enough that there is no need for an autopsy

Felix cuts the bodies up and adds them to his compost piles, then uses it to grow his herb garden, or so i've heard.... >_> okay, no, i'm betting he burns them too, though, my idea would be slightly more entertaining.

Marcus rocks... I love that he... doesn't care, When they were in Italy in NM my favorite line was due to Marcus...

'Alice's expression was frustrated. Edward turned to her and explained again in a swift low voice. "Marcus sees relationships. He's surprised by the intensity of ours."

Aro Smiled. "So convenint," he repeated to himself. Then he spoke to us. "It takes quite a bit to suprpise Marcus, I can assure you."

I looked at Marcus's dead face, and I beleived that.'

I love imagining Marcus's non interest. It's so entertaining to me! <3
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

foolinthemoon wrote:
Landiana wrote:i wonder what they do with the bodies. i can imagine someone in the guard, like felix, just packing the bodies into a tour bus and then pushing it down a very high clif, so that the bodies are recognisable, but cause of death is obvious enough that there is no need for an autopsy

Felix cuts the bodies up and adds them to his compost piles, then uses it to grow his herb garden, or so i've heard.... >_> okay, no, i'm betting he burns them too, though, my idea would be slightly more entertaining.

Marcus rocks... I love that he... doesn't care, When they were in Italy in NM my favorite line was due to Marcus...

'Alice's expression was frustrated. Edward turned to her and explained again in a swift low voice. "Marcus sees relationships. He's surprised by the intensity of ours."

Aro Smiled. "So convenint," he repeated to himself. Then he spoke to us. "It takes quite a bit to suprpise Marcus, I can assure you."

I looked at Marcus's dead face, and I beleived that.'

I love imagining Marcus's non interest. It's so entertaining to me! <3
Marcus is such an interesting character! i love how he's so "whatever" about everything. but it's sad too, considering what Aro did to him that he doesn't even know about! (if you're confused as to what i'm talking about, i'm referring to the fact that Aro killed his own sister; also Marcus's mate, because she and Marcus were going to go off on their own).

and i'm pretty sure they would just burn the human bodies.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you