General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by Jane V »

i picture Jane as 12-13 years old. i think Jodelle Furland would make a great Jane. i agree with the Alec thing; 12-13 years old like Jane, but very mature for his physical age.

i'm think the Volturi guard are a little bit afraid of the twins, and also treat them with respect because it's Jane and Alec's powers that are a big part of why the Volturi is so powerful. i thought it was pretty funny in NM and Eclipse...little 13 year old Jane commanding Demetri and huge Felix :lol:

take that one if you don't think SM is about girl power!!! :twisted:
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
ForeverCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by ForeverCullen »

I was horribly creeped out when I was first reading about the Volturi and Bella seeing a group of people, normal human people, walk in. When she focused on that one lady that started doubting what was going on....I mean realizing then what Edward or Alice (whoever said) meant when s/he said "they import their food"...I really didnt even think about what it meant, even with the tour buses coming in (which I just thought was weird).
Moving on, I really really hate Caius. And Aro is scary because he's almost like...like the Joker or something all smiley and friendly but you KNOW he's just as evil as Caius. I hate what the Volturi attempt to represent altogether, especially in BD. I dont think they're just simple "bullies", they're TYRANTS! These are elite vampires that act like they govern something when, like that nomadic-vamp-whose-name-i-cant-remember-rite-now said, they're not royalty that has to be answered to like law! At the beginning it seemed what the Volturi obviously work to LOOK like: a coven that seeks to protect the "secret" for the good of all vamps. But then we meet them more fully and it turns out they are power-hungry, sinister and almost evil! (In the end they chickened out). Urgh.
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

Wow, Aro is TOTALLY like the Joker!!! The "nice guy" is like his mask, but any moron can tell that he's a sick twisted creep.
Caius is a complete sadist. Not to mention something of a war monger.
Marcus is just THERE. He doesn't do much. He's like Phil...or Eric.
Jane has definitely let all the power go to her head. Sort of like a female mini-Caius.
I feel that Alec might appear to be more mature and calm than Jane, but on the inside he fully aware of his power and wouldn't think twice about abusing it.
It's like that saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely". I think that's where the Volturi are. The Cullens are more like "With great power comes great responsibility".
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Gitta
Wandering Through Town

Post by Gitta »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:Wow, Aro is TOTALLY like the Joker!!! The "nice guy" is like his mask, but any moron can tell that he's a sick twisted creep.
Jane has definitely let all the power go to her head. Sort of like a female mini-Caius.
I feel that Alec might appear to be more mature and calm than Jane, but on the inside he fully aware of his power and wouldn't think twice about abusing it.
It's like that saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely". I think that's where the Volturi are. The Cullens are more like "With great power comes great responsibility".
Haha i compeltely agree with you about jane a mini caius :). But i actually like Marcus I felt so sad for him after reading on SM:s website why he is so... moody (haha is that the right word to describe Marcus?) and considering the fact that he was the only one who didn't want to destroy the Cullens he seems like the most human of them all beacuse he is still mourning after his wife and he acts like Bella did in NM after Edward left her. And Marcus don't have a Jacob to cheer him up only a joker and a pure evil sadist as company
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

Gitta wrote:
moon.cherry.twilite wrote:Wow, Aro is TOTALLY like the Joker!!! The "nice guy" is like his mask, but any moron can tell that he's a sick twisted creep.
Haha i compeltely agree with you about jane a mini caius :). But i actually like Marcus I felt so sad for him after reading on SM:s website why he is so... moody (haha is that the right word to describe Marcus?) and considering the fact that he was the only one who didn't want to destroy the Cullens he seems like the most human of them all beacuse he is still mourning after his wife and he acts like Bella did in NM after Edward left her. And Marcus don't have a Jacob to cheer him up only a joker and a pure evil sadist as company
i feel very sorry for Marcus too :( yeah, it must be comforting to have someone who's like "i love you all!" on the outside and "heheheh i'll kill them all" on the inside [coughAro], and someone who's just like "DIE!!!! EVERYONE DIE!!!" all the time [coughCaius].
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Jane V wrote:i picture Jane as 12-13 years old. i think Jodelle Furland would make a great Jane. i agree with the Alec thing; 12-13 years old like Jane, but very mature for his physical age.

i'm think the Volturi guard are a little bit afraid of the twins, and also treat them with respect because it's Jane and Alec's powers that are a big part of why the Volturi is so powerful. i thought it was pretty funny in NM and Eclipse...little 13 year old Jane commanding Demetri and huge Felix :lol:

take that one if you don't think SM is about girl power!!! :twisted:
I never saw that way. You are totally right. The most dangerous Volturi member is a girl. Even compared with Alec. Cool!

And, on top of that, in the end, who stopped Jane was Bella. No Edward, no Emmett. Bella. In the end, it was girl vs girl and would continue like that if things had heated up.

Take this people who call Twilight Series of "anti-feminist"! :lol:
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

I always pictured Alec to be like 17/18 and Jane to be about 11-13, strange seeing as they are twins haha.

But when Alec crowched next to Jane after she screamed about her power being stopped i just got the sense that he was older, not a 13 year old haha, wow now i wonder who will play Alec :| never thought of that.
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

everlong wrote:But when Alec crowched next to Jane after she screamed about her power being stopped i just got the sense that he was older, not a 13 year old haha, wow now i wonder who will play Alec :| never thought of that.
Yeh, It never occured to me before but that bit really gives the sense that she's like a spoilt Child whilst Alec is the Quiet older brother who would die for her.
He doesn't often use his power but he could easily use it for seriously dark purposes, to me his is the more powerful and to-be-feared power, he's like all o.k until you get on his dark side, and if you do become his enemy he could obliterate you. Entierly. Jane uses her power for fun and without any decorum ( not the right word) and is feared with reason but Alec is the one who should be feared, he uses his brains and would truly make you suffer for hurting Jane, she would torture you and hate you and forget about making you pay after a while but Alec will never forget it, he'll bide his time until you're vulnerable then with calm and prescision destroy you, not phsically but like make you a wreck inside, Crazy. Jane is a sadistic, little, possibly even a tad immature vamp but I think that Alec could have more true evil inside of him, though on the other hand I also feel that he would just follow her wherever she goes, had she become a benevolent Cullen he would adapted to be like them aswell.

*Edit*
It's not that he's unccorupted or Pure or anything, just that he'd do anything for his sister. He'd be much more comfortable living with the volturi but if Jane had lived with the Cullens he'd have done it too just for her.
Last edited by Spartan on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

I don't know...I can't imagine that Alec is uncorrupted or pure in any way. Surely he's completely aware of how powerful he really is. Only, he's better at hiding it than Jane. Like in the books themselves. We all knew what Jane's power was ever since New Moon. We didn't find out what Alec could do until Breaking Dawn.

Oh, and I think Bella Thorne would make a good Jane:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2561905152/nm2254074
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:I don't know...I can't imagine that Alec is uncorrupted or pure in any way. Surely he's completely aware of how powerful he really is. Only, he's better at hiding it than Jane. Like in the books themselves. We all knew what Jane's power was ever since New Moon. We didn't find out what Alec could do until Breaking Dawn.

Oh, and I think Bella Thorne would make a good Jane:
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2561905152/nm2254074
She's lovely, but she would make a good child Renesmee than actually Jane. At least, that's what I think.