General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Post by Asheleyo »

Bella and the Cullens partially retain their sense of humanity because of the way they were introduced to the vampire life. I think it's a rarity, as we see in Breaking Dawn, among vampires for them to renounce their vampire nature. The more you feed on humans, the less you connect yourself with them, the less human you become. The Volturi, in my opinion, are the epitome of those who have lost their humanity.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

So you're saying that just because they're so old and have been feeding off of humans for so long is why they are they way they are, rather than their original human personalities playing a part in it-I don't think that Caius is a violence monger just because he's been feeing off of humans for 3000 years have been a leader of the vampire world for 1500. I think that Aro is power hungery and Caius thrives off of death and destruction because their own human personalitys pre-destined them to be like that, as well as the fact that power corrupts if it's abused, which I also feel was influenced by their personality as humans.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

Humanity and personality are not synonymous. I don't doubt that most members of the Volturi were not ideal humans to begin with, but I believe that living so long outside of human society and feeding off of humans has made them lose their connection (however small it may have been to begin with) to human morals and ideals.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

The Volturi are some of the most intriguing characters in the entire saga. However, I am disappointed about one thing: the revelation of Aro murdering his sister wasn't in the book. It's such an incredible bit of information, and it would have been nice if it was somehow mentioned in Breaking Dawn. I'm sure that most of us already know that Aro is dangerous beneath his gracious personality, but he killed his own sister for two reasons: one, Marcus loved her; and two, her power was of no use to him anyway (although being able to make people happy *could* have been useful for diplomatic purposes).
Yavanna
Settled in Forks

Post by Yavanna »

I have to come back the the question on what's next on Volturis Coven...

I also remember their interest in Jahom as referred before, and I am sure they will try by themselves to create sosme "experiments".
Second I am really sure they are going after Benjamin...

So lots to do before they come back after the Cullens... I can only guess it depends on the oportunities. I am sure they will come back for them, better organised that in BD, as soon as there is a real "reason" for it, like Irina...
I cannot get enough of the twilight saga...
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

swedishskinjer wrote:The Volturi are some of the most intriguing characters in the entire saga. However, I am disappointed about one thing: the revelation of Aro murdering his sister wasn't in the book. It's such an incredible bit of information, and it would have been nice if it was somehow mentioned in Breaking Dawn. I'm sure that most of us already know that Aro is dangerous beneath his gracious personality, but he killed his own sister for two reasons: one, Marcus loved her; and two, her power was of no use to him anyway (although being able to make people happy *could* have been useful for diplomatic purposes).
That is what I thought. He murdered his own sister to ensure that he did not leave the guard. Personally, I think that he is actually raving mad underneath it all, he is after all a 'collector.'
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
alex1100p
Settled in Forks

Post by alex1100p »

out of all the Volturi members who do you guys think is the member that could destroy the volturi?
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

alex1100p wrote:out of all the Volturi members who do you guys think is the member that could destroy the volturi?
The one Volturi with the potential for wiping everyone out is Alec, but then he would have to desire it first, and he would be fighting against Chelsea.

Perhaps Chelsea could do it, if she was very subtle about it?
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
alex1100p
Settled in Forks

Post by alex1100p »

That's true only Chelsea can destroy the Volturi
Silvirain

Post by Silvirain »

I wonder how long it takes to initiate a new member into the guard. For them to learn everything, signals, rules etc. Aro said it was a tedious task and that he had others handle it. Do the guard members all get along? It doesn't seem like there would be much personal space.