The Volturi Coven and Guard

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:57 am

ringswraith wrote:The Volturi are "good" in only one sense- they help keep the existence of vampires a secret from the rest of humanity.

Aside from that, I think they are quite evil- and not just because they feed on humans.


OK, I'll bite, what other things make the negative for you ringwraith?
Image

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 am

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Postby ringswraith » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:35 pm

...
Last edited by ringswraith on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Postby dandyvampgirl_13 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Even their official purpose isn't the best thing in the world. I know the secrecy is necessary, but with Aro deciding what should and shouldn't be done with that power doesn't bode well for the rest of the vampires, should he ever get really greedy. Of course, after Breaking Dawn, I thihnk they'll have seen the Aro-the-power-hungry-creeper side of him and would be able to band together and resist, if it ever came to that.
Hasn't Aro ever watched Spiderman??
User avatar
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily
 
Posts: 4175
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Land of Snow and Mormons

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Postby diane771 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:30 pm

ringswraith wrote:The Volturi are "good" in only one sense- they help keep the existence of vampires a secret from the rest of humanity.

Aside from that, I think they are quite evil- and not just because they feed on humans.


Well if they did not then their would be no vampires left or no humans. So that could cut both ways. I don't see much good at all in them. If they can treat their own kind like they do, what would they do with humans. If they decided one day to eliminate them. They can not be TRUSTED to Vamps or Humans.
Image
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
User avatar
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:10 pm

diane771 wrote:
ringswraith wrote:The Volturi are "good" in only one sense- they help keep the existence of vampires a secret from the rest of humanity.

Aside from that, I think they are quite evil- and not just because they feed on humans.


Well if they did not then their would be no vampires left or no humans. So that could cut both ways. I don't see much good at all in them. If they can treat their own kind like they do, what would they do with humans. If they decided one day to eliminate them. They can not be TRUSTED to Vamps or Humans.


Wow, they are not a popular group are they. Remember the Voltari see human as cattle nothing more so you can't expcet them to plav nice like the Cullens. They do however serve an important role. Like all leaders they are both revered and envied. Those that are in positions of leadership are often misunderstood and even more hated for having to make the hard decisions that others are not willing to do. So judging them harshly although is a natural is often unfair.

Yah, playing the unfair card here. Leaders have to make decisions with inperfect information which does lead to mistakes. Does absolute power curupt or does it just give rise to complancency?
Image

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 am

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Postby ringswraith » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm

...
Last edited by ringswraith on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Postby Dxplora07 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:10 pm

ringswraith wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Wow, they are not a popular group are they. Remember the Voltari see human as cattle nothing more so you can't expcet them to plav nice like the Cullens. They do however serve an important role. Like all leaders they are both revered and envied. Those that are in positions of leadership are often misunderstood and even more hated for having to make the hard decisions that others are not willing to do. So judging them harshly although is a natural is often unfair.

Yah, playing the unfair card here. Leaders have to make decisions with inperfect information which does lead to mistakes. Does absolute power curupt or does it just give rise to complancency?


Normal leaders don't usually have to go "I'm bored. Kill it." And that was an informed decision.

Normal leaders don't hold a grudge and say "I hate them! Kill them all!" That, too, was done on purpose.

Normal leaders don't look at their inner circle as threats and eliminate them. Yes, that was thought-out. So well in fact that no-one is the wiser.

There is leading, and there is ruling with an iron fist. In my opinion, the Volturi do not lead.


I agree with Ringswraith, the volturi are nott a good group, Stephenie made it clear in breaking dawn when their alterior motive of killing off the cullens was brought to light. They didn't show up in Forks just to eliminate what they thought to be an immortal child, there were other reasons such as their tought that one day the Cullens would form a coven that would over power them and take over as leaders, and the fear that the Cullen's way of life would soon overshadow the normal way for them. That's not true leadership, that's totalitarianism(sp?)
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Postby diane771 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:56 pm

ringswraith wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Wow, they are not a popular group are they. Remember the Voltari see human as cattle nothing more so you can't expcet them to plav nice like the Cullens. They do however serve an important role. Like all leaders they are both revered and envied. Those that are in positions of leadership are often misunderstood and even more hated for having to make the hard decisions that others are not willing to do. So judging them harshly although is a natural is often unfair.

Yah, playing the unfair card here. Leaders have to make decisions with inperfect information which does lead to mistakes. Does absolute power curupt or does it just give rise to complancency?


Normal leaders don't usually have to go "I'm bored. Kill it." And that was an informed decision.

Normal leaders don't hold a grudge and say "I hate them! Kill them all!" That, too, was done on purpose.

Normal leaders don't look at their inner circle as threats and eliminate them. Yes, that was thought-out. So well in fact that no-one is the wiser.

There is leading, and there is ruling with an iron fist. In my opinion, the Volturi do not lead.


If you are Italian you can hold grudges for long long time. That I know. One old Siciian held a grudge for 50 yrs and one day he came up now your talking an old man now, came up to this man that I personally knew with connections and shot him in his car with his wife right next to him over something that he blamed on him that happen 50 yrs ago. He shot the man in the head on Sunday morning right down the street that I live. I live in an area of St Louis called The Hill and its was highly ran with mafia. So Yes I can see leaders one day deciding one day that one person did something against them and the Volturi would go and take them out on something so back in history. I don't think people would say that it was natural for Hitler to be unfair to eliminate all the people he didn't like. So Leaders to me like that need to be put away and not and has nothing to do with judging them harshly is fair, you can't be like cattle and lead around like stock waiting to be the next in line to be slaughtered.
Image
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
User avatar
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:10 am

diane771 wrote:
ringswraith wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Wow, they are not a popular group are they. Remember the Voltari see human as cattle nothing more so you can't expcet them to plav nice like the Cullens. They do however serve an important role. Like all leaders they are both revered and envied. Those that are in positions of leadership are often misunderstood and even more hated for having to make the hard decisions that others are not willing to do. So judging them harshly although is a natural is often unfair.

Yah, playing the unfair card here. Leaders have to make decisions with inperfect information which does lead to mistakes. Does absolute power curupt or does it just give rise to complancency?


Normal leaders don't usually have to go "I'm bored. Kill it." And that was an informed decision.

Normal leaders don't hold a grudge and say "I hate them! Kill them all!" That, too, was done on purpose.

Normal leaders don't look at their inner circle as threats and eliminate them. Yes, that was thought-out. So well in fact that no-one is the wiser.

There is leading, and there is ruling with an iron fist. In my opinion, the Volturi do not lead.


If you are Italian you can hold grudges for long long time. That I know. One old Siciian held a grudge for 50 yrs and one day he came up now your talking an old man now, came up to this man that I personally knew with connections and shot him in his car with his wife right next to him over something that he blamed on him that happen 50 yrs ago. He shot the man in the head on Sunday morning right down the street that I live. I live in an area of St Louis called The Hill and its was highly ran with mafia. So Yes I can see leaders one day deciding one day that one person did something against them and the Volturi would go and take them out on something so back in history. I don't think people would say that it was natural for Hitler to be unfair to eliminate all the people he didn't like. So Leaders to me like that need to be put away and not and has nothing to do with judging them harshly is fair, you can't be like cattle and lead around like stock waiting to be the next in line to be slaughtered.



We shall see, there are many leaders we think highly of that killed their enemies and friends alike. Thomas Jefferson for one, How about of the royals of any country. When you judge, your point of view and up bringing play heavily in your thoughts, noting wrong with that. However, those not living in a monoarchy can not grasp the culture nor it's way of live fairly. Do the Voltaris have their hidden and not so hidden agendas, of course, is it the best for the vampire world in the long run, quiet possibly yes. Remember the Voltari stopped killing that look more like genoside more often that you think. How many of their guards made it home? What sacrofices have they had to make to keep the balance of power? What principals had to be broken to keep the mascarade? Really take a moment to think about this. What would you be willing to give up for the greater good? Then maybe you'll get why the Voltaris look malevolent and scary. They have to be scarier than the ones that get out of hand in the vampire world. "I would give the Devil the benefit of justice, for the sake of all to have justice." Less not cast the Voltari in a bad light without looking at what they are faced with.
Image

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 am

Re: The Volturi Coven and Guard

Postby ringswraith » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:50 am

...
Last edited by ringswraith on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Quench Your Thirst

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron