General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShortStuff_<3
Wandering Through Town

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Chapters of the Series

Post by ShortStuff_<3 »

THis is not so much ONE Chapter i have a problem with, it's the whole ending of BD. Now firstly, let me say that i'm a big Harry Potter fan. In case you haven't read the series, in books 6 and 7 there's this massive battle at the end which i absolutely love reading coz its just so suspenseful and....enought about HP. What i'm trying to say is that SM is a literary genius, but there's all this lead up to what looks like a massive fight with the Voturri, and then.....a couple of minutes of peace-making speeches. It's like what the HEll? I mean, i know that its a Love Story more than it is action, but it would have been better, in my opinion, to have kept the happy ending but still have both sides sustain some heavy losses of some "minor" characters. I think it would have given the book a little more edge and of course it would've provoked more thought in the readers about whoever died/survived.

But hey, by no means am i dissing SM. As i said she is a pure literary genius - i haven't put the books down for ages.
Dear Jacob, I WIN. Sincerely, Edward.
[i'm.betting.on.ALICE] :D
>>> ADRENALINEE RUSSSHHH <<<
dandelion337
Settled in Forks

Post by dandelion337 »

the least favourite is the whole Bella and Jacob kissing scene ~ i cried on my first reading (ok, i have reread several times but i am sure many fans here had done more than that :D ) my heart ached for Edward ~ i imagined the pain when he saw this on his own ~ but Edward's reaction on this was far beyond my expectation ~ he blamed himself more because the love triangle was a consequence of his separation with Bella in New Moon ~ that makes me like him more ~

gosh, why is he fictional?!??!
Last edited by dandelion337 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he's got everything of an Adonis but he doesn't fool around.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

The only part in the entire series I refuse to read again is in the living room with the camera in chapter 3 "The End" of New Moon. I don't know why, that part makes me extremely depressed and I can't take it. I don't even mind the break-up part.

But the camera thing and watching sports and that whole part strikes something in me and I can't stand it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

Perhaps it's just me being a masochist, but I actually like the chapter 'The End' from New Moon. Yes, it was sad, but it was also unbelievably powerful. I also love the four pages with month names on them... they have such an impact, that was an incredible idea.
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
CrazilyObsessed024

sophieet wrote:Perhaps it's just me being a masochist, but I actually like the chapter 'The End' from New Moon. Yes, it was sad, but it was also unbelievably powerful. I also love the four pages with month names on them... they have such an impact, that was an incredible idea.
I love to read the break-up scene. I just can't handle that dumb living room scene for some reason :?
twilightfan1
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan1 »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:
sophieet wrote:Perhaps it's just me being a masochist, but I actually like the chapter 'The End' from New Moon. Yes, it was sad, but it was also unbelievably powerful. I also love the four pages with month names on them... they have such an impact, that was an incredible idea.

I love to read the break-up scene. I just can't handle that dumb living room scene for some reason :?

I know exactly what you mean! Obviously the TV scene wasn't a bit of a tearjerker like the break up was the first time i read it but there is something about it... i think it's because it's the first time he's really cold with her and actively avoids being alone with her when he's seemed so in love and cherished every moment with her before (apart from after the papercut scene at school but that doesn't seem as bad).

i HATE it when he says he'll follow her into the other room in a bit and then she just waits... and he doesn't come and she has to go back to the living room to see... ahh sad!
jettabugfox
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jettabugfox »

twilightfan1 wrote:

I know exactly what you mean! Obviously the TV scene wasn't a bit of a tearjerker like the break up was the first time i read it but there is something about it... i think it's because it's the first time he's really cold with her and actively avoids being alone with her when he's seemed so in love and cherished every moment with her before (apart from after the papercut scene at school but that doesn't seem as bad).

i HATE it when he says he'll follow her into the other room in a bit and then she just waits... and he doesn't come and she has to go back to the living room to see... ahh sad!
Ugh, I can totally relate to you guys! And after reading the whole book, thinking about how painful that must be for him. He is fully aware of what he is going to do in a couple days and its like he is trying to separate himself from Bella. I actually sort of like the way that SM wrote the break-up and Bella getting lost in the woods, but the anxiety in the living room scene and the day before and after are murder.
Don't compromise yourself. You are all that you've got. - Janis Joplin
CrazilyObsessed024

jettabugfox wrote:
twilightfan1 wrote:

Ugh, I can totally relate to you guys! And after reading the whole book, thinking about how painful that must be for him. He is fully aware of what he is going to do in a couple days and its like he is trying to separate himself from Bella. I actually sort of like the way that SM wrote the break-up and Bella getting lost in the woods, but the anxiety in the living room scene and the day before and after are murder.
Oh I know! I read "The truth" (one of the best chapters ever!) an das he is explaining to her, I go back and read the break-up again, because I love picking his mind and imagining what he must be thinking. I do that all the time, thanks to MS. But I try not to think too much about it, because the pain he is is in MS puts me in pain. I am just glad he can be happy in the end!
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

I don`t like the part after Edward left in New Moon until Alice is waiting for Bella.

The part I like the most is where Edward kidnapps Bella in Eclispe.
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
CrazilyObsessed024

I don't think I have an absolute favorite chapter. Just a lot of little scenes I love.