What did you think of the Twilight Series?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
\/Brittany\/
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Telling Jasper that Alice cheated on him...with a werewolf

Re: What did you think of the Twilight Series?

Post by \/Brittany\/ »

I thought the series was beyond perfect, because it is everything I want in a book and things I never thought to ask for! It's so beautifully written and the story is captivating. I love every little bit about it. I know I'll never get sick of it because it draws me in everytime. Also they made it a good thing to be pale! Stephenie Meyer is a wonderful genius with the most beautiful mind ever. I can't wait to read everything else she comes out with, and hopefully more of the saga! Thank you Stephenie for my favorite series of books!
Team Bella: Have a Little Werewolf with Your Vampire
I have Twilightis *cough,cough* There is no cure
Jasper Hale laughs at your mood ring
Karen
Settled in Forks

French / English titles

Post by Karen »

This is what the twilight books have inspired me :

"With fascination, I gave into temptation, without any hesitation, to read without interruption, until the revelation. What a great deal of passions and emotions to satisfy my obsession."

Fascination (Facination in french), temptation (Tentation in french), Hesitation and Revelation (write the same in French and English) are the french titles of the books. And I really loves the french titles, I think that it suit perfectly to my feeling of each story.

I don't really understand the meaning of the english titles, how do they fit in the books. If someone can explain me.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I saw the book Twilight in a bookstore and read the back cover. I liked it, but I was a bit sceptical since it was about vampires, and I have never really been into the supernatural stuff. So I decided to borrow the book from the library first. And I was completely hooked from the very first page. I absolutely loved it. I read it in a couple of days. And then I went straight online and ordered all the books. And then I read all of them in a couple of weeks. I have to admit that I have not read another book since reading these books. I have just kept re-reading them since early january. The story just captures me totally. It has everything I'm looking for in a book. It brings out so many emotions in me. I have laughed and cried, had ups and downs with Bella and Edward. They are my favorite books of all time. And every time I re-read them I discover new things and I still enjoy reading the books. My boyfriend keeps asking me how many times I have read the books now...He thinks I'm a little obsessed by Twilight...And I am :)

I think what makes me love the books so much is the great characters. We really get to know them, and bond with them. It is a beautiful lovestory, and at the same time it is packed with events. So..to conclude..I love the Twilight series.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
IluvEdward27
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by IluvEdward27 »

Actually, my friend Raven (Ravengirl2468) got me reading Twilight. I bought it and read it non stop for 2 days. I mean I ate and stuff, but literly, non-stop. And of course, I loved it. I got the 3 other books right after I was finished with Twilight. So now I am obsessed with it. I luv the Twilight Saga.
di0772
Settled in Forks

Post by di0772 »

I'm a twilight addict. I loved the books.

Stephenie Meyer totally draws you into her characters. Even though they are fiction you believe what you are reading. I laughed, I cried, I was distraught, but most of all I fell in love.

I love to read but I hadn't heard of the Twilight books until I heard the movie was coming out. Now, she's got me hook, line and sinker.

Anything to do with vampires and I'm in. Van Hesling, Underworld, Blade, The Lost Boys,I could go on forever. I love Anne Rice too (Interview with the Vampire for those who don't know). I also loved Buffy and Angel. There was also a show called The Clan but it only ran for 1 and bit seasons as the lead actor was liked in an accident. It's a shame there are not more series about vampires.

So thank you Stephenie for bringing Twilight into my life.
redmist
Settled in Forks

Post by redmist »

di0772 wrote: Anything to do with vampires and I'm in. Van Hesling, Underworld, Blade, The Lost Boys,I could go on forever
I know exactly what u mean. ;)
I loved Lost Boys (How cool was Kiefer? 8-) )
Underworld is a personal favourite (the wonderful Kate..... :mrgreen: )
I was a little sceptical about Twilight to begin with as I had been told that it wasn't like any other vampire story I would have read or seen.
I was hooked after the first few pages,what a magnificent story and so wonderfully written by Stephanie.The only thing I can find to complain about is that after finishing BD I simply crave more.I want more books!! :mrgreen:
Keep up the great work SM,you have brought joy to all our lives.
Cheers,
Tony.
Redmist
alirob39
Settled in Forks

Post by alirob39 »

I really like the saga, though I am not finished with it all yet. I have to say, I really don't care for Jacob too much. He's such a home wrecker. I'm at the end of book three though, so don't rag on me too badly please.

-Ali
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

I thought the series was amazing. For someone like me, that does not like to read, they had to be good! I read them in less than a week and am almost done with my second time through. I actually remember what happened too. I can't stop talking about them or thinking about them. SM did such a great job, I felt all the pain, happiness, sorrow, laughter,anxiety that the characters went through. That takes some good writing and descriptions. Thanks to SM for getting me to enjoy a book, well four books. They provide an escape that is greatly needed from the real world. Thanks so much, I LOVE the Twilight series, actually, I'm obsessed! Thanks SM!!!
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

If I were a librarian I would place the
Twilight Saga beside the bible and the
Koran and all other powerful books. :D

It gave me hope as a person that loneliness
like Edward's, like mine can be overcome in
due time.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
TNO
Wandering Through Town

Post by TNO »

Well generally I'm not big on romance at all, so when the Twilight craze hit the school and I found out it was a vampire romance I was very skeptical and decided to steer far, far away from the books with the pretty covers.
Anyway, a few months later- I'd forgotten all about Twilight by this time- we were in Montreal for a family reunion/memorial service for my estranged and deceased grandfather. Anyway, my college-age, male cousin handed Quinn and I a book- Twilight, and told us it was really good and we should read it.
I figured, if it's romance and my cousin- who usually wouldn't be caught dead having anything to do with romance and doesn't like reading much anyway- recommended it so highly it must be good. So I read the book, and enjoyed it enough to read New Moon and then Eclipse. After that I started rereading them as is my habit and *didn't* like them so much. I read Breaking Dawn a while later, months after it had been published, mainly to see if Meyer ended the story like I thought she would (she did) and as a quick, light read.