What did you think of the Twilight Series?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twibrarian
Settled in Forks

Re: What did you think of the Twilight Series?

Post by twibrarian »

i had heard of twilight, been seeing it in bookstores, heard there were plans to make a movie. i don't ususally like to read series because i tend to get sucked in and miss out on other stuff i'd like to read for the sake of continuing the story. like when i read lemony snicket's series of unfortunate events--there are 13 of them suckers and i felt like i couldn't read anything til i finished them all! so i was weary of twilight. i thought i should at least read the first one just to see what all the fuss is about, so i put myself on hold for a copy at my library (along with a hundred other people lol). then i went to get my hair cut one day and EVERY girl in the salon was talking about twilight. i thought "now i really need to read this book" so i just went out and bought a copy. when i started it, i was surprised because it wasn't what i expected, and yet i hadn't known what to expect. i knew it was a love story and there were vampires involved, but i didn't think i would feel so connected to the characters. i hadn't read anything this engaging in a long time. i was losing sleep at night so i could stay up to finish whatever chapter i was on. i'd have dreams about bella and wonder what she'd do next. naturally i felt a bit silly. i was slowly becoming obsessed with this book. first thing in the morning while eating my breakfast i was reading. every spare moment was devoted to twilight. my husband thought i was wacky (he still does). as soon as i finished book one, i knew i had to continue. i went and bought the rest of the saga the next day. here's where i fall in love with jacob black. when edward left i thought "WHAT?" but when jacob re-entered the picture (after being such a minor char in book one) i was really pleased. to me, he's such a likable guy, and totally devoted to bella, and poor bella starts to put the pieces of her life back together because of him. when he becomes a wolf, he can't keep it from her, and we're introduced to all the characters in his pack that i found interesting and humorous. i KNEW edward would be back, but i was a little dissapointed when he returned to the story (i know i'm in the minority here. some of you probably found new moon next to unreadable, due to the amount of jacob, but i relished it). eclipse is my favorite in the series. and i was also really satisfied with breaking dawn, but I felt when it ended like a little part of my life was over too, as silly as that sounds. i was really going to miss jacob and bella and edward and all my new forks friends. i've tried reading other books since finishing the series, and its just not the same. i really just want more twilight. i think i'll start the series over, maybe read them once a year for the rest of my life. they really are my favorite books now and i'm totally grateful to stephanie meyer for creating this universe and the characters that inhabit it.
J<3B
Simaylien
Settled in Forks

Post by Simaylien »

I was really just looking for something to read at the time. When I first got Twilight, I only picked it because the other day Stephenie had been on Ellen DeGeneres and I heard good reviews on the book etc..

I totally love the saga and I am very sad it ended. I can only pray Stephenie will want to write another book (I feel as if too much was left unsaid - e.g. what will happen with Jake and Renesmee???).
"Your hair looks like a haystack... but I like it." - Edward Cullen
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

Twilight is like crack: very bad, but addicting.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I'm in my 12th go-around, what does that tell you. :D

Obsessed? You think?
Completely dazzled? Absolutely!
Addicted? Irrevocably & unconditionally - forever & ever, amen! :lol:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

navarre wrote:I'm in my 12th go-around, what does that tell you. :D

Obsessed? You think?
Completely dazzled? Absolutely!
Addicted? Irrevocably & unconditionally - forever & ever, amen! :lol:
Wow? your 12th go round? *gives props* I'm on my third, lol, I love the series, but I'm starting to dislike breaking dawn a bit cause it always reminds me the end of the series is coming. But I DO love that by the time i finish Breaking dawn, its ALMOST like reading the first book again for the first time... : ) I love the insight i've gained from reading it more than once... : D
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
ammyownbella
Settled in Forks

Post by ammyownbella »

I am in my 20's and I still loved it...read them in a week. I didn't know what they were about except that they had vampires and I love reading vampire books...so I bought Twilight, couldn't put it down (literally finished it in 5 hours) and ran to the bookstore to get the other three. I cried, I laughed, and I sighed with contentment at the end of Breaking Dawn. There are so many aspects of this series that I love, but my favorite moment is at the end of Breaking Dawn when Bella let's Edward hear her thoughts for the first time...great way to end their story. These books allow the reader to escape into a world where epic love does exist and people really do live happily ever after. I saw the movie and, since I had read the books so quickly, I couldn't remember exact details or when certain things happened, so when I took my younger sister who had just re-read Twilight, she thought it was good but was disappointed that they changed so much. For me, I loved it, and I thought the screenwriters did a good job of keeping the same overall theme and feel of the book. Now I'm re-reading them, which will prove difficult with finals and research papers due, but what the heck, they're awesome and worth the time.
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

W-O-W!

Even better the 6th time..:D and I'm guessing it gets better still.. :lol:
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
ara0903
Settled in Forks

Post by ara0903 »

I must confess I didn't know there was a series until a friend of mine and I were talking about going to see the movie and she said did you know it was a book. I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie and so I read the book two days before I saw the movie and I could not put it down! I love how I got lost in the book and after watching the movie I went and bought the other books. I finished all of them in less than a week which says a lot since I am a full time student. I really thought she did an excellent job and after seeing the movie I could picture the characters better. I wish I could say I had a favorite book but I don't. I can't decide which one is my favorite so I decided to have all of them has my favorite. :D I do agree with the other people who have said they hope Stephenie writes more on this series. Even if she wrote all the books again but in a different view point. I read the small passage she put up on Edward's point of view through Twilight and even though it is the same plot it's a total different story! I love it. And like the others I am reading it again for the second time around right now. I'm sure that number will increase in due time.
#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by #1twi-guy »

Theres 3 words that sum up my feelings:
BEST SERIES EVER.

:D

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe
addicted to love
Settled in Forks

Post by addicted to love »

At first I was really hesitant about reading the books. I heard many things: good and bad.

I gave in. Upon reading it I became a fan almost immediately, once I realized this is more than just another vampire story. It was a love story. Love beyond my heart's capability, at first that was. I did not think I could become so addicted to a book (or four). However, I did become addicted but I don't think I really became addicted to this spiderweb of love until the third book Eclipse.

I started off as a fan of Jacob, then Edward, and now... I am not sure. I am thinking it's got to be Seth. His immediate acceptance of everything makes Edward and Jacob seem almost as repulsive as magnets.

I know it's more than just the characters. I truly became addicted to their love!!! It was a new and dull world for me when the story came to an end in Breaking Dawn. From the first moment when I began to realize the love between all the characters would not be a possibility for me, I actually became sad. Now I realize, that as long as I have my books to read when I need to feel that love, devotion, and desire; I will be able to face my "human" life. lol.

Eclipse will probably always be my favorite book. Fire and Ice will probably be one of my favorite chapters with Needs as a very close second. This is the book that fueled my addiction more than the rest, though all of the books have their moments. This is the book that made the saga what it is, at least for me. I got to dream and dream about love, dreams I never knew I had in me.

So please don't wake me until the break of dawn and happy reading! I highly recommend it!!!