General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Emmett and Rosalie

Post by StarEmerson »

Lieziewiezie wrote:I agree with what being said above.

I finished re-reading New Moon again last night and in the 'voting' chapter I once felt extremly sorry for Emmet. When Rosalie points out that 'she wished someone voted no for her'. I felt sorry for Emmet and Carlisle who took the decision to change her, and Esme who loves her as a mom. Rosalie declares that she would do anything to not be a vampire, even if that means she has to give up Emmet.
Maybe that's why Emmet is quit cool about Bella from the beginning, handles it to the others in a big bad joke? Because he's jealous of Edward and Bella? But in a totally different way that Rosalie is?
I think Emmet loves Rosalie above everything and I think Rosalie loves Emmet too, but only because he is a vampire and so is she. I don't think she would ever have loved Emmet when they were both humans, which might make their relationship more of a 'thinking one' then a 'feeling one', and maybe less pure, but not less real. If that makes sense.
Did you mean Esme and Carlise made the decision to change her? :)

Also I agree with alot you said, you made some good points. I have never thought too much in to how Emmett feels about Rosalie saying those things. He just seems to adore her anyway and always sides with her.
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

StarEmerson wrote:

I finished re-reading New Moon again last night and in the 'voting' chapter I once felt extremly sorry for Emmet. When Rosalie points out that 'she wished someone voted no for her'. I felt sorry for Emmet and Carlisle who took the decision to change her, and Esme who loves her as a mom. Rosalie declares that she would do anything to not be a vampire, even if that means she has to give up Emmet.
Maybe that's why Emmet is quit cool about Bella from the beginning, handles it to the others in a big bad joke? Because he's jealous of Edward and Bella? But in a totally different way that Rosalie is?
I think Emmet loves Rosalie above everything and I think Rosalie loves Emmet too, but only because he is a vampire and so is she. I don't think she would ever have loved Emmet when they were both humans, which might make their relationship more of a 'thinking one' then a 'feeling one', and maybe less pure, but not less real. If that makes sense.
No, I actually just ment: I feel sorry for Emmet. And for Carlisle who took the decision to change her. And for Esme who loves Rosalie as she is her own child.

But that wasn't very clear ;)
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

Lieziewiezie wrote:
StarEmerson wrote:

No, I actually just ment: I feel sorry for Emmet. And for Carlisle who took the decision to change her. And for Esme who loves Rosalie as she is her own child.

But that wasn't very clear ;)
Ah! I get you now, I thought you were saying Emmett and Carlisle changed her! :roll:
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

Emmett and Rosalie are fierce and beautiful. But mostly fierce. There seems so much to their relationship that what's explained in the books. Like with Rosalie's rough past and Emmett's (since it was never elaborated) I assume more "easier" past, how would they have ever clicked? Sure, Rosalie saw him and changed him, but I don't think she fell straight in love with him. Like, how could she trust Emmett after what Royce did to her? I imagine it would take some time to actually admit to liking Emmett, but she did because they're together.

Their relationship, under the physical, is sweet. It would take some time to give herself the chance to fall in love, and Emmett could've left her if he was impatient, but he waited for her to probably love him like he loved her. I believe they both care a lot about each other and would go to the world's ends for each other.

Under the "cold hearted biatch" as she's often dubbed, is just a girl who grew up not understanding a lot of things and was very insecure with who she was. Then you have Emmett who's the complete opposite of Rosalie and probably jokes around to make Rosalie smile or to lighten a situation. At a first meeting they have split personalities and still managed to find each other. There must've been something about Rosalie that Emmett liked and vice-versa. There was probably something about each other, and sometimes it's best to not know what it was exactly.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bubblylittlealice »

annabelle wrote:Emmett and Rosalie are fierce and beautiful. But mostly fierce. There seems so much to their relationship that what's explained in the books. Like with Rosalie's rough past and Emmett's (since it was never elaborated) I assume more "easier" past, how would they have ever clicked? Sure, Rosalie saw him and changed him, but I don't think she fell straight in love with him. Like, how could she trust Emmett after what Royce did to her? I imagine it would take some time to actually admit to liking Emmett, but she did because they're together.

Their relationship, under the physical, is sweet. It would take some time to give herself the chance to fall in love, and Emmett could've left her if he was impatient, but he waited for her to probably love him like he loved her. I believe they both care a lot about each other and would go to the world's ends for each other.

Under the "cold hearted biatch" as she's often dubbed, is just a girl who grew up not understanding a lot of things and was very insecure with who she was. Then you have Emmett who's the complete opposite of Rosalie and probably jokes around to make Rosalie smile or to lighten a situation. At a first meeting they have split personalities and still managed to find each other. There must've been something about Rosalie that Emmett liked and vice-versa. There was probably something about each other, and sometimes it's best to not know what it was exactly.
ya i agree, they have a nice relatinship but Rosalie has to stop being cold hearted. Rosalie just has to open her eyes a little
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

I think they're the best couple. They're so funny! LOL
I wanted to know how many houses they broke! :lol:
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
AnCatDubh
Settled in Forks

Post by AnCatDubh »

It took me a while to figure them out. Most relationships I've seen other people in that were that obviously physical to other people, even with an emotional relationship, have not ended up being true love. But, I think it works for them because it's their personalities. They dazzle each other on much deeper levels than most other physical relationships, and it's just ideal for them express their love, erm...that way. His jovial personality keeps Rosalie from wallowing in her own snappy and pessimistic personality, and he gives her the attention that she loves to get. She keeps him down to Earth, and he enjoys her happiness.
Team Edward...because he's not into little kids.
soccerchic
Settled in Forks

Post by soccerchic »

Ok, I have to admit I skipped out on reading Twilight and went straight into New Moon and continued reading the series from there but one thing I never understood was weather or not it was explained in Twilight that Rosalie and Emmett are married or do we only know that because Stephanie explained it?
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Nope. I'm pretty sure it explains it in Twilight. They are married. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Yes it explains in Twilight that Rose and Emmet get married at least once a decade.
I personally love Rosalie and Emmet's relationship, though it's very hard to find songs or poems or anything that describe it :( .
Last edited by who_needs_fangs? on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|