General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Iroc24
Wandering Through Town

Re: Bella's Dreams

Post by Iroc24 »

bite_me wrote:I think the reason for bella's precognitive dreams in BD was because nessie was 'showing' her she was pregnant.
Except Nessie wasn't developed enough for her power (or her gender) to be completely formed. So Nessie's thoughts mixed with Bella's and made them twisted versions of the truth. And they were more vivid than usual because they weren't just dreams.
I think this sounds like an interesting theory. Before BD, her dreams seemed to be a look at the days events or her darkest fears. This was the first set of dreams that sort of predicted something. It's very possible that Nessie was "helping" the dreams from inside her.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Iroc24 wrote:
bite_me wrote:I think the reason for bella's precognitive dreams in BD was because nessie was 'showing' her she was pregnant.
Except Nessie wasn't developed enough for her power (or her gender) to be completely formed. So Nessie's thoughts mixed with Bella's and made them twisted versions of the truth. And they were more vivid than usual because they weren't just dreams.
I think this sounds like an interesting theory. Before BD, her dreams seemed to be a look at the days events or her darkest fears. This was the first set of dreams that sort of predicted something. It's very possible that Nessie was "helping" the dreams from inside her.
Never thought of it like that, but that could totally be true, because Nessie is very advanced.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

Sorry for the grammaticals errors, I'm still learnig English... :)
In the three firsts books; I agree with TwilightxSagaxLover
TwilightxSagaxLover wrote: I think that, like SM has said, that Bella doesn't really like attention so she doesn't really like to over think things when she is around people. She uses her dreams as an outlet to let everything out that she is thinking and puts them together in the way she thinks they work best. She learns things and then she pieces them together and evaluates them in her dreams.

Total Twilight Fan wrote:
Iroc24 wrote:

Never thought of it like that, but that could totally be true, because Nessie is very advanced.

In the first chapter of Bd, personally, I believe Nessie could have, somehow, been mentally link with Bella. That explain why Bella, Pire and the other two women chose to gave birth to their half vampire children even with the pressure of their loving one (Edward, the Cullen and Huilen, Pire’s parents) trying to convinced them to «kill the baby» to save themselves or to save the tribe… Pire and Bella know there was a huge chance to die, but they act just like if their own life doesn’t have value anymore, only the baby count for her…I don’t underestimate the «usual» maternal love, my own mother give me birth even with a deep risk of having a heart attack, but the way Bella and Pire was ready to suffer everything for their baby attract my attention… End of my parenthesis, I go back to Bella’s dreams. :)

In the idea that Nessie share a bond with Bella, I think it will be easier for her to «talk» to Bella when she asleep and relax… Using the image she fond in her mother head… Giving her those unusual dreams with all theses colors… :) And mixed it with the fear Nessie fond on Bella’s mind of protecting her baby from one of her greatest fear: the Volturi. I think that Nessie can have use material in the head of Bella, as she still haven't image of her own...

But the dream of Bella on chapter 6 of BD… I believe that 110% Bella! :roll:

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Tiger_kitten
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tiger_kitten »

Wouldn't Renesme continued to have shown her things though? I think we would have heard something about it.

I just think Stephenie's writing tends to foreshadow using Bella's dreams. Whether intentional or not, whenever Bella hears a story, she tends to dream about it (as you all have said) in a roundabout way, and then it makes it more solid in our minds. The repetition makes us believe it more. Makes us think about it.

I think she may have had the dream numerous times? I have a horrid memory... and if so, I think that is because she grasped onto the idea. She wanted that baby. To protect it anyways. And then when she found out she was pregnant... she really wanted the baby.

And it is possible I suppose Renesme was connecting with her, but I do not think that is why Bella, and all other women who have the hybrids, want them so badly. After all, the other hybrids don't have Renesme's gift as far as I know. So they can't be doing something using it can they? Ha ha.

I think they want them for the sole fact it is their child. And a child with something that is, in their eyes, magnificent. I know if I had gotten pregnant with what I viewed as a magical creature, stunning, amazing... I would definitely want a child with those genes. And I would want my baby!
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I think this definitely could be true about the immortal children dreams. It would definitely explain why Bella was so dead set on keeping Renesmee, even though she was killing her. (At least, it does to me.)