General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilighter_alice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Bella's Dreams

Post by twilighter_alice »

Wow. Bella's dreams are really vivid. One time I had a vampire dream, it was pretty cool.
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

i really like how SM included bella's dreams. because supposedly what we dream about is whats sometime bothering us or what were thinking about, or whats on our subconcious mind lol and bella was always upset, worrying, or thinking about what edward and jacob really were and what was going on with them. so that fit in well :)
it was a bit disapointing though that SM didnt write about bellas very vivid dream in BD ;D lol

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Before BD I actually thought Bella's dreams would somehow be related to her power when she became a vampire, because they were so vivid and relevant to what was going on in her life. I thought they would translate to some kind of visions, but of course be different from Alice's. :lol:

I think Bella must have been a vivid dreamer before moving to Forks because she mentions that she's always talked in her sleep. I associate that with deep dreams but I could be wrong. I do think the tone of her dreams definitely changed when she got to Forks though, with all the supernatural activity fueling them.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Ichigo Kitty

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

I think Bella's dreams are very interesting. (different from what I dream of course) and I enjoyed reading about her dreams. I also knew that it had some important meaning so I scribbled down some of the dreams that Bella was dreaming so I remembered them. (Yeah, I know what you're thinking... twilight freak! :lol: )
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
love2travel
Wandering Through Town

Post by love2travel »

i think her dreams showed what she was thinking about subconsciously but couldn't admit to herself while awake...
Ichigo Kitty

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

It seems that way but I see it more of a foreshadowing in the book to tell what was going to happen or what just did happen.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
Twilight-fan868
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight-fan868 »

I always figured that Bella's vivid dreams were the reason her mind was closed to Edward even when she was human. Him not being able to hear her them was really something and I think because her dreams always seemed to foreshadow something that was about to happen in her life they were definitely the cause of her being a shield. Bella doesn't like to show emotion awake so it all stayed bottled up in her dreams and she can live them vividly
AliceLuvsEdward
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLuvsEdward »

I thought about that.
I think Bella's subconcious was telling her something in the werewolf dreams, but not the immortal child ones.
It's maybe like it was telling her something when she didn't conciously know it.
OMG! Twilight so freaking rocks! Alice Cullen rules!!!
ImageThank you BellaAndEdward.com!
pdxdragon
Settled in Forks

Post by pdxdragon »

I agree that many of Bella's dreams were a reflection of events or stories she had heard and they crept into her sleep as a way to help her see things more clearly. This is definitely true with the first dream of Jacob and Edward after the trip the the beach. But then there was the dream that opens New Moon where she saw Edward in the shadows of the large crowded square and she was frightened he would come out into the sun exposing himself. She even saw the clock tower (if I remember it correctly). This was not something that she would have been worried about happening since she knew how cautious he was about never letting anyone see him in the sunlight. She was the only human he ever let see him that way.

This was obviously foreshadowing for the story ahead, but it also seemed to indicate she had some psychic tendencies that I thought would be more a part of the overall plot and the underlying powers she possessed.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I think the reason for bella's precognitive dreams in BD was because nessie was 'showing' her she was pregnant.
Except Nessie wasn't developed enough for her power (or her gender) to be completely formed. So Nessie's thoughts mixed with Bella's and made them twisted versions of the truth. And they were more vivid than usual because they weren't just dreams.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?