Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Re: Bella's Dreams

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

I'd like to pretend that she does have more powers as a vampire, and that we just weren't told because she didn't know yet!
ImageImageImageImageImage
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

I think Bella doesn't exactly see the future, it's actually a little more.
I believe that SM did not address it in the end of the series because the shield thing just got so out of proportion, and my theory is that since reader were so absorbed by it, imagine how it was for SM.
My view on Bella's dreams is that she is the intuitive kind. For instance, Bella did not know that Nessie was a girl until she kinda ripped out of Bella's belly. Bella only knew that there was a really important child, but did not know who, when, how or why. When she had her first dream involving Jacob and Edward, it can't really be categorized as seeing future, since they were already what they were then, she just have really good hunches!
And I totally agree with Stupidshinyvolvowner, who said that Bella's dreams are just a way of SM foreshadowing future events. ;)
twilightfan1
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan1 »

The first time i read the books i didn't really pay much attention to her dreams as such. But then in Breaking dawn she hears the story of the immortal child, dreams of an immortal child directly judging from the babies red eyes surrounded by the volturi, then dreams it becomes a human baby and then finally in the dream she has an maternal instinct to protect the baby. Then, in real life she becomes pregnant! I did at first think that her dreams could predict the future or something... I mean slowly they were transforming to the future or something! but then after bella becomes a vampire, can never dream again and her shield gift is revealed it just seemed more plausible to me to assume that all along Stephenie just used the dreams in her writing to sort out Bella's thought processes or to link together sequences, chapters and then final outcomes. It's one of those things that people don't always pay so much attention to, dreams and that, so it is quite clever!
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

I think that, like SM has said, that Bella doesn't really like attention so she doesn't really like to over think things when she is around people. She uses her dreams as an outlet to let everything out that she is thinking and puts them together in the way she thinks they work best. She learns things and then she pieces them together and evaluates them in her dreams.
Think of the dream she had after she first met Jacob. She subconsciously pieced together that he was a werewolf, before he even knew it was a possibility. She learned the things about the Cullen's and, although she didn't believe it much, she knew Edward was a Vampire. Her dreams told her that Jacob was a werewolf and that Edward was a Vampire even though she didn't know it in real life.
I think that i don't only speak for myself but for a lot of people when i say, not many people thought anything of the dream that Bella had about Jacob being a werewolf. I myself didn't think it was true until New Moon when he was acting weird and then i was like hey this is kind of similar.
Then when Bella knew she had to protect the child even though she didn't know the child would be hers. She knew the child would be in trouble with the Volturi in some way.

*Bella's dreams tell her the things she can't figure out on her own in real life.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

TwilightxSagaxLover wrote:I think that, like SM has said, that Bella doesn't really like attention so she doesn't really like to over think things when she is around people. She uses her dreams as an outlet to let everything out that she is thinking and puts them together in the way she thinks they work best. She learns things and then she pieces them together and evaluates them in her dreams.
Think of the dream she had after she first met Jacob. She subconsciously pieced together that he was a werewolf, before he even knew it was a possibility. She learned the things about the Cullen's and, although she didn't believe it much, she knew Edward was a Vampire. Her dreams told her that Jacob was a werewolf and that Edward was a Vampire even though she didn't know it in real life.
I think that i don't only speak for myself but for a lot of people when i say, not many people thought anything of the dream that Bella had about Jacob being a werewolf. I myself didn't think it was true until New Moon when he was acting weird and then i was like hey this is kind of similar.
Then when Bella knew she had to protect the child even though she didn't know the child would be hers. She knew the child would be in trouble with the Volturi in some way.

*Bella's dreams tell her the things she can't figure out on her own in real life.
I guess that I'm one of the few people who guessed right from this dream that Jacob was a werewolf himsel. :D
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Well I totally believe in Catherine's version of Bella's first time of dreaming of Edward. If as the topic has been heading a premonitions that Bella might have been having like in BD. Maybe it started with her dreaming of Edward and anticipating what kind of relationship they were going to have?
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Bella's dreams are certainly foreshadowing and possible premonitions. Who's to say? What would have sealed the deal for me is if she had a dream after becomeing a Vampire...

We may never know now...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I didn't really pay much attention to Bella's dreams the first time I read the saga. And then as I read them again I was like wow, she has a lot of dreams that seem to help predict some future event. It's so weird, some of her dreams she's had, I'd hate to have them & them have them come true! (But I hardly remember my dreams so I probably wouldn't have that problem.)

When it comes to predicting that Jacob was a werewolf, I'm not too postive on that. On her website SM discusses the story behind NM & some other stuff. In there she says how when she was writing NM she was editing Twilight & it wasn't until she wrote NM that she knew/decided that Jacob was a wolf. That he annitially was just a way for Bella to find out Edward's secret. And so I'm not too sure about that one. You can read it & judge for yourself.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I read that too. And it surprised me. Because it seems like the events in Twilight are sort of foreshadowing Jacob becoming a wolf. Not that I was expecting it so much the first time, but after several readings I see the hints are there. So it is just strange that she really hadn't decided. But she did say that Jacob at first was meant to be a minor character, and that he developed from there.

I like reading Bella's dreams. Her nightmares are just awful. The empty ones where she's searching. I can't imagine having dreams like that. My dreams are often very strange and it's like I don't know if I'm awake or not.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Most of the tıme Bellas dreams have been gıvıng hınts and foreshadowıng... She was kında sorta tellıng the future ofcourse not lıke alıce :) I dıdnt always get the hınts ın her dreams but then, after I read the books over and knew the plot you can defınıtely get the hınts :)

TRAINEE OF E.D.C.!!!!!!!!!

I <3 BLUE BLOODS ALMOST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT! ( i said almost!)