Jasper's Story

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Re: Japer's Story

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

I think his story is great....I love when she tells about the cullens and how they came to be a family!! Adds a lot to the book!
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

It was pretty good, I liked how he has so much background and that he dates back all the way to the Civil War.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Tyr
Settled in Forks

Post by Tyr »

I adore Jasper,

I always thought of him as a background character, I never imagined he had this type of history. But my favorite part of the book was right after his story when Bella said "Aww thats a nice story." and Jasper, Alice, and Edward look at her like she is insane then she has to add that she meant the last part with the happy ending with alice. I laughed so hard.

It also makes you understand him after Bella is changed, she has so much more control and he feels horrible because he thinks maybe he should have done better. You seem him trying to change and become stronger in responce to how well the new born Bella is doing.

I hated that he got all but cut out of the end of the book.
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

I am so glad that Stephenie decided to tell Jasper's story! I felt like all the other Cullens and Hale were almost too perfect. Like yeah they each had their minor flaws and somewhat troubled pasts but still were a bit to perfect. Jasper, though, he did some awful things and he has made it through but is still working on himself. I think it makes him so much more believable.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Jasper's story is my favorite.
He has a great history and how he met Alice is really romantic.

I'm glad we got to know about Jasper's past; it made him even more of an interesting character
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
Kat.Flow
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kat.Flow »

I thought that maybe at the end of NM we would know more of Jasper but I'm glad that the story was told in Eclipse!
I agree that the way he met Alice was something really romantic 8-)
Tyr wrote: It also makes you understand him after Bella is changed, she has so much more control and he feels horrible because he thinks maybe he should have done better. You seem him trying to change and become stronger in responce to how well the new born Bella is doing.
Yes! In that part of the book I really felt sorry for him, all the emotions he might had in those moments...He's a really good character, I would like to read more of him.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I loved finally knowing more about Jasper. His story is so interesting and it helps us see even more how hard his adjustment is to being a "vegetarian"; he spent most of his existence killing others and training newborns. It also makes me so happy that he did get his happy ending when he found and Alice and the two moved in with the Cullen's.

All in all, this story was definitely worth the wait!

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
lulzgrl
Settled in Forks

Post by lulzgrl »

It seemed very explanatory, but there really wasn't much leading up to it. It was like: "Ok, so this iz ma DEAL peeps." Disrupted the flow a little, but it was my favorite backstory.

Eclipse was where we got to see where everybody came from. It's the EXPOSITORY book. :D
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

i was glad that Stephenie Meyer told Jasper's story in first person. i thought it would have been so much better if the other Cullens could tell THEIR stories in first person, because then you get so much more detail and get to almost experience the story.

and yeah, i agree that at times the other Cullens seem a bit too perfect. Jasper's story, i thought, was very realistic.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

lulzgrl wrote:It seemed very explanatory, but there really wasn't much leading up to it. It was like: "Ok, so this iz ma DEAL peeps." Disrupted the flow a little, but it was my favorite backstory.

Eclipse was where we got to see where everybody came from. It's the EXPOSITORY book. :D
I disagree that there wasn't any leading up to it. There were the subtle hints from Edward saying that Jasper is sort of a newborn expert. There was also the "we need to go see Jasper" bit after Bella reads the article in the newspaper.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory