Jasper's Story

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Re: Japer's Story

Post by Jazzy »

Marcela wrote:I really liked hearing Jasper's story in the first person. And I also laughed when Bella says, "That's a nice story!" And they all look at her like she's lost her mind :D And when he says, "Alice has made all the difference." I liked just the little glimpse of Jasper that we get in MS also... I would REALLY have liked more story on what happened when Maria visited them the one time :lol: Morbid curiousity, I suppose.
Yeah I'd really like to read about that time as well, I believe The Cullens were living in Calgary then and Maria suddenly popped by, so they had to leave in a flash. hahaha !

I'd also like to read about Alice's feelings towards Maria. There was never mention of it anywhere in the books.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

One thing that sticks out for me regarding Mr. Jasper Whitlock-Hale, is that despite his violent past, he never forgot certain elements of his humanity. When one has been battle scarred as he has and of course being a vampire and frozen in a violent mind-bent, his humanity could have been completely destroyed - but it wasn't.

He developed a conscious, he grew so tired of war, of fighting, of the death - the smell of death. Tired enough to leave who he thought was the core of HIS existence. Stumbled numbly through each year, each decade until at last, he found sanctuary in a small diner in Philadelphia. There she sat; waiting for him.

Hopping off the high stool and walking towards him with a smile so beautiful, so full of relief and happiness - the emotions emanating off of her so powerful that he "drowned" in them.

"You've kept me waiting a long time" - she said
He ducks his head like a true Southern gentleman as Alice describes.
"I'm sorry, ma'am" replies Jasper.
Mrs. Jasper Hale has the BEST quote from Jackson Rathbone himself in describing Jasper:
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love"

Jasper found his future at last, his rest - in Mary Alice Brandon.
Good ole Jasper. I think he is a truly wonderful character.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Alice Fan
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice Fan »

I like Jasper's story simply because it has a good grip on his personality now. I like it that this explains why he is the way he is now. He always seemed distant and now that we know his story, we can kinda get an inside look at why he is the way he is.
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

wow!! i loved his story! i've read it like 3 million times! totally worth the wait. it really gives some light on why he is the way he is and how his past effects his personality. i love the way jackson rathbone describes the character: "forged in war, born of death, saved by love." i wonder.... what's alice's opinian on maira??? :lol:
Betting on Alice.
NumberOneJedi
Settled in Forks

Post by NumberOneJedi »

I love Jasper's story. His is the true happy ending, he has everything he ever dreamed of. He has that whole Phoenix thing going for him. He was stuck in a world full of hate and pain and was able to rise out of the ashes of his old life into something better. He could have lost his humanity and become someone who was totally driven by primal desires. However, he was able to maintain his humanity and move on. Mind you, he did have some help from Alice and the rest of the Cullens.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

NumberOneJedi wrote:I love Jasper's story. His is the true happy ending, he has everything he ever dreamed of. He has that whole Phoenix thing going for him. He was stuck in a world full of hate and pain and was able to rise out of the ashes of his old life into something better. He could have lost his humanity and become someone who was totally driven by primal desires. However, he was able to maintain his humanity and move on. Mind you, he did have some help from Alice and the rest of the Cullens.
The weird thing is....I thought about this...the last time I read through the books...not quite the phoenix part (which is very fitting might I add)...but how completely he changed. This was one of my favorite parts of the series...You could just see how he felt about Alice in such a short amount of time...She really did save him. Ugh...what I'd give to find Alice...:P
ImageImageImageImage
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

Made me cryyyyyyyynesss =(
He's strong emotionally and physically if he went through that.
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3
minty88
Settled in Forks

Post by minty88 »

Jasper has always really got on my nerves... but after reading his story i felt a little bit of compassion towards him but when im reading it and hes there i just feel like shouting at him.... GET A GRIP!! poor Alice for having to put up with such a man! :|
The star that burns twice as bright, lives half as long....
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

I LOVED Jasper's story! It made me want to cuddle him better! Im glas it was in first person, it made me feel like i was there, Jasper is my all time favorite character so i really enjoyed hearing his past.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Anarane
Wandering Through Town
Location: In Greece, longing for the true winter temperatures....

Re: Jasper's Story

Post by Anarane »

I absolutely LOVED Jasper's story, and he is my favorite character (apart from Edward, of course)

I felt so sorry for him, I mean, to think that when he had to drink blood in order to survive, he was feeling the fear and the pain of his victim, but he couldn't do otherwise, even if he hated it... :( And it was so sweet when he talked about how he and Alice found each other... their bond is so strong it kinda makes me jealous...
Grab your tissues.... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5004980/1/The_EndEdward

Chapter 3 of nm from Edward's pov...