General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Vampire eye colors

Post by iamthevampiregirl »

Ichigo Kitty wrote:I wonder why they made the eyes too dialated. I don't think they ever made their eyes red in the movie either... not for any character... at least not that I remember.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Ichigo Kitty wrote:I wonder why they made the eyes too dialated. I don't think they ever made their eyes red in the movie either... not for any character... at least not that I remember.
The nomads eyes were red. When they did a close up you could see them. If not in the movie companion book there's a picture of Laurent I remember that he has the red eyes.

I loved the Cullens gold eyes. There were so awesome! They were a little brighter than I would have pictured, but I like it. I want their contacts so I can have gold eyes! (A few years ago I had purple contacts & they were so fun. And would freak people out. So I would love to be able to freak people out w/gold vampire eyes.)

I always understood that their eyes changed colors based on their hunger and what type of blood they fed on.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
iloveetwilightt
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveetwilightt »

Nena wrote:Discuss here anything to do with vampire's eyes,

How long does it take to go from Red to Yellow (taking into account how long they've been on their particular... diet)?
Why Yellow and not some other color?, etc...

I think that Edward told Bella in Breaking Dawn when she first became a newborn that her eyes would be red for a couple months if she stayed on the diet of animal blood. And i also think he said that drinking human blood makes the eyecolor change faster to yellow. I'm pretty sure that's what he said, or pretty close, but I'm not entirely sure. But i know for a fact Edward mentioned something about it in Breaking Dawn.
Team Edward Forever :]]
"When I told you I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy."
Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Zoltan »

iloveetwilightt wrote:
Nena wrote:Discuss here anything to do with vampire's eyes,

How long does it take to go from Red to Yellow (taking into account how long they've been on their particular... diet)?
Why Yellow and not some other color?, etc...

I think that Edward told Bella in Breaking Dawn when she first became a newborn that her eyes would be red for a couple months if she stayed on the diet of animal blood. And i also think he said that drinking human blood makes the eyecolor change faster to yellow. I'm pretty sure that's what he said, or pretty close, but I'm not entirely sure. But i know for a fact Edward mentioned something about it in Breaking Dawn.
Drinking human blood makes the eyes a darker red, not yellow.
buffygrl3

Post by buffygrl3 »

About Edward's eyes after sucking the venom out of Bella. I don't think he actually drank the blood... I'm pretty sure it mentions somewhere that he spit it out. I think if he had actually ingested any of it he would have lacked the self-control to stop himself. The constant thirst is somewhat more satiated by human blood than animal, and I think that would have been a bit more than he could handle. Even though he was exceptionally strong willed.

And if he DID actually swallow the blood I don't think it would have been enough to change his eye color. It would probably take at least one full person to make it go back to red...

And about the solid to liquid... I don't think she was talking about actual color. You know how when a person gets angry their eyes harden? Like the light behind them dims, well I think that's what SM meant. I don't think mood has anything to do with the color of the eyes. When Edward's eyes are black, it because he's thirsty, and he's only grumpier because its harder for him to resist the draw of Bella's blood.

I also have a kind of sick question... assuming that it would take a full person to change the eyes from gold to red, what effect do you think a baby-sized would have? Please don't be offended, I'm not TRYING to sound demented or anything, just a morbid curiosity.

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

^ I was reading through that, going "Mhm. Ah. That's a good point..." And then I got to the bottom about the baby... Oh my gosh... I laughed. Mmmm. Snack!

That's a really good question, though. I'm inclined to agree with you that it probably takes a certain amount of blood to make the change from gold to red. Maybe the baby wouldn't do anything, or maybe it'd create a mixture between red and gold. It would make sense if the latter happened..
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
buffygrl3

Post by buffygrl3 »

Hmm, good point Nerd. Do you think it'd be like a metallic red or an orange-ish?

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Maira

Post by Maira »

Nerd wrote:^ I was reading through that, going "Mhm. Ah. That's a good point..." And then I got to the bottom about the baby... Oh my gosh... I laughed. Mmmm. Snack!
I was reading Buffy's post... Little bit of a surprise at the end, not so bad...

And then I see yours, Nerd.
:shock: :oops: :o :? :x ;) :P :lol: :roll: :oops:

You're sick.
Private Aubrey Tobin in Jasper's Confederate Army.
You have to see this. *freaks*
Beep... Beep... Beep... Maira is going out of order... Bee- back eventually...
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

I think it might be... I don't know. I guess what comes to mind is a sunset-y orange. Oooh. That sounds fancy.

D: Don't knock my morbid humor! You know you laughed a little.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Maira

Post by Maira »

Um, no, actually. I didn't laugh.

I almost choked to death on a sip of water, though.
Does that count.
No.
Good.
Private Aubrey Tobin in Jasper's Confederate Army.
You have to see this. *freaks*
Beep... Beep... Beep... Maira is going out of order... Bee- back eventually...