General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Vampire eye colors

Post by LeechesRule95 »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:Nessie's eyes are brown, so I believe that it's just like a human's eyes. It only changes with lightning.

Don't you think that they should wear lenses with normal eyes colors? I mean, no one has the eyes colors that the Cullens have so that would make the humans suspicious. And how would Esme and Carlisle would be able to adopt 5 kids with the same features and eyes? That's really weird. IDK how human didn't think that was weird.
Well the story of Carlisle and Esme is that they adopted. Many people when they adopt, choose children with the same characteristics with themselves and also the other children. The humans would probably think thats what they did (adopt kids with same characteristics)..... and i bet no one even noticed that they looked the same as someone had said before, the direct instinct is to run away from the vampires, and not look at their eyes :? ... and since no one is brave enought to look in their eyes the eye color of the cullens dont get noticed (THAT MUCH) and there are people with a color similar to the honey gold color of the cullens.... :D so no need for the contacts...

TRAINEE OF E.D.C.!!!!!!!!!

I <3 BLUE BLOODS ALMOST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT! ( i said almost!)
pixie_dust96
Settled in Forks

Post by pixie_dust96 »

well after my question i have to say there sure is quite a view on how edwards eyes would of changed after sucking the venom out of bellas blood. i know that it is written in bella's persepctive and she has always had such an indepth of edwards eyes with what ever he was doing. Once she was in the hospital she said they were black, but he had not fed since he was there the whole time, which is true for either the regular and vegetarian vampires. but i think i agree with those that he didnt drink enough of her blood so it wouldn't make a dramatic difference and with the time in the hospital that it would be enough time for them to change back after he fed again to dilute them back to gold. :geek:
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Speaking of people not being brave enough to look into their eyes and that they tend to stay away from the cullens' I saw in the movie that when Alice asked if Bella was going to be riding with them she leaned away a little bit.
buffygrl3

Post by buffygrl3 »

Hehe, I personally think that humans are usually too busy looking at the vamps perfect bodies to notice their eyes... if I know teens that is. ;) And even if they did notice the eyes they were probably either too frightened or too awestruck to notice how similar they are to the rest of the family... or they just didn't care. Only the town gossip would think it an amazing coincidence worthy of chatter. (It's still mostly the staring at the marble bod thing though)

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by iamthevampiregirl »

ambriece wrote:I think that hunger is the main part of what color their eyes are/turn,
but also mood but only if the mood/emotion is more dominant then their thirst.
I have a question though,
When Bella sees his eyes Black, that's supposed to mean he's 'thirsty', right?
Well if he was so hungry for them to turn black, why didn't he just attack Bella there?
Maybe they were black because he was frustrated because he knew he couldn't [because he had to restrain from attacking her]?
I hope this question made sense, but when I saw this topic,
it immediately came in my head.
In Midnight Sun, SM writes Edward WAS hungry (the black in his eyes had nothing to do with his emotion) and he WAS going to attack her (wether or not he was hungry had almost nothing to do with the pull he felt when Bella was around because it was so strong.) She wrote that the only this that stopped him from killing her was seeing his reflexion through her eyes - it made him remember that he's not a monster, and it would disapoint Carlisle if he killed her.
Ichigo Kitty

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

Edward wouldn't just disapoint Carslie, Edward would be disapointed with himself as well. Edward really cares about Bella no matter how the circumstances are he always pulled himself together somehow and ended up not killing her. But... yeah sorry I'm off topic. I'm really big fan on vampire eyes especially with twilight because not only can you interpret their mood but also what level of hunger they are in. But then again everything about vampires impresses me. =D
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

In Eclipse it says that Bella saw Edward's eyes darken when she mentioned Jacob.

In the film, their eyes are very subtle, I hardly noticed the colour
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by iamthevampiregirl »

-Jasper wrote: In the film, their eyes are very subtle, I hardly noticed the colour

I agree. The camera had to zoom up close for everybody to notice! They made they're pupils waaaay to dilated. In Eclipse, when Bella sees Laurent in the meadow she's able to see the red in his eyes from far away, but in the movie - at first glance all of they're eyes looked black.
Ichigo Kitty

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

I wonder why they made the eyes too dialated. I don't think they ever made their eyes red in the movie either... not for any character... at least not that I remember.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
jettabugfox
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jettabugfox »

-Jasper wrote:In Eclipse it says that Bella saw Edward's eyes darken when she mentioned Jacob.

In the film, their eyes are very subtle, I hardly noticed the colour

I took this to mean that his look was "dark", not his actual eye color. If the color is connected to the blood they drink, it wouldn't make sense (to me anyway) for their mood to change the color. But you can have a "dark look" in your eyes if you are mad about something. :?:
Don't compromise yourself. You are all that you've got. - Janis Joplin