General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jimma_loves_jasper
Settled in Forks

Re: The Wedding

Post by jimma_loves_jasper »

I guess I'm one of the only ones that was NOT glad to see Jacob at the wedding. I just had a feeling that something was going to go wrong to spoil the happiness of the night, and I was right. Of course, I'm not a Jacob fan AT ALL, so I wasn't happy or relieved that he made an appearance.

That being said, I absolutely loved the wedding! I think Alice did a perfect job, and I was glad that Bella could appreciate everything and be happy and "in the moment." From personal experience, I can say that there's nothing that compares to seeing the love of your life waiting for you at the end of the aisle, and knowing that you'll be together forever. :D
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

Well, I didn't enjoy seeing Jacob in the wedding either!
I kinda hoped that he would just show up and take a look at how it would be, but never expected him to actually go and have a little chat with Bella.
I was almost hoping that it would end up ok, but I was so mad that Jacob ruined (only if just a little tiny moment) the wedding. He so could have spared Bella from it!
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

My Wedding Thoughts:
Did we all not know that the wedding would be amazing just because Alice and Esme were the planners? I know i did. A few random things...
1.) I think that the wedding, even though dreaded by Bella, was everything she would have planned it if she hadn't been dreading it. I believe she wouldn't have done the same thing because she is no Alice and although it was beautiful it didn't reflect her as much but i think that in an essence it did. It reflected her and Edward's relationship and how beautiful it truly is.
2.) Although Jacob is not a favorite character of mine or even high on my list of liked characters, him showing up at the wedding made it everything Bella wanted it to be. There was always the part in her mind that longed for him to be there and i don't think it would have been a complete wedding, to her, without him there.
3.) I think that Jake's meltdown was a little much but if i were him i knew it made sense. You have to think that he is in LOVE with this girl, and he came to her wedding despite what he knew it would do to him when he had to say goodbye to her again with her on Edward's arm, the person she chose over him, and just walk away. Can't you see how hard that would be? And then knowing that she may never come back? Like she might be killed? It wasn't like Bella and Edward didn't know it would be challenging but Jacob didn't think taking the chance was worth it. So i think it was much but in the whole scenario, it wasn't anything compared to what Jake was capable of.
4.) I really like how she realized, when she was standing at the alter, that her whole fuss over the wedding and marriage was a dumb mistake. She knew that it didn't matter what anyone else thought about the whole ordeal. I knew that sooner or later she would come around because she really was going to be with Edward for as long as Humanly/Vampirey possibly, so it did not matter that she had to marry him in order to complete the deal. I believe that subconsciously she actually knew that too.

*The wedding was all that it was cracked up to be, the Cullens are always amazing in that way. They make everything perfect.
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward
Kaitlyn8
Settled in Forks

Post by Kaitlyn8 »

i was so happy when bella finally said she would marry edward, he totally deserves to be happy and eventually bella would be happy too.
when bella walked down the stairs and saw edward and realized she wanted this i knew things would be great.
jacob, jacob, jacob
i wasnt happy to see him at all at the wedding. and i never liked how bella was always super happy when he was around because edward just had to deal with it.
jacob's reaction was over the top.
just because edward was a vampire that shouldnt change anything.
he could have tried to have been more accepting if that would have made bella happy.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

The wedding seemed to short for me. I know a wedding is pretty insignificant for them considering everything else thats been going on.
But I relaxed a little when Bella said that ofcourse she loved him more than anyone *ahem* (jacob) and I thought the whole thing was sweet.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I would have wanted more details from the wedding, but I really liked the parts that was there. Especially when Bella comes down the stairs, and all she can see is Edward and everything falls into place. It just seems right to her eventually. That's kind of thing that really touched me.

I was not happy that Jacob appeared at the wedding, even if it made Bella happy. He had been so angry for so long and so hurt, that I was afraid he would ruin the whole thing. And I would have wanted him to have the decency to at least give it his best effort and try to not kill Edward on their wedding day (instead of having to be dragged away by his friends), even if it was revealed to him that they were planning on a normal honeymoon. Even if he was afraid for her, it was her choice and none of his business. I'm just so glad that Bella was able to lock it up in her mind, and not let it ruin her day.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

I know of a lot of people who were against Bella and Edward getting married and I thought they were crazy :?
I love the fact Edward proposed and gave Bella his mothers ring. And who else can throw a better party than Alice?
So I think all the fuss that Bella made before the wedding she was very happy to see her parents and everybody there.
One scene they can't leave out.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

diane771 wrote:I know of a lot of people who were against Bella and Edward getting married and I thought they were crazy :?
I think so too!! People complain that Bella's too young and blah blah blah, but I don't get what the problem is at all! Why shouldn't they get married, really?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Most were saying she was too young and about her mom, but I say if she can become a vampire, and make that desision then the marriage is minor compared to that. And Edward really wanted to do the "proper" way, that's how he grew up.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
edwardsblossom
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

Ah, the wedding that bests them all. :lol:

I loved it, as most did. I wouldn't have minded if Edward and Bella actually did do it in Las Vegas the way Bella did, as long as those two got "officially" married. I thought it was the sweetest thing that Edward wanted it done the proper way, having it official and all that. *swoons at Edward* ;)

I do wish, though, that there had been more details as well, like most of us fans. I really wish that I could read an EPoV of Breaking Dawn :( If only, if only... =P

I would have prefered it if Jacob was "seen but silent" at the wedding. I didn't quite like that Edward had to leave his brand new wife, out of his arms, so Jacob could have Bella for couple of minutes. That wasn't to offend anyone, I just don't think it was right...and I don't like Jacob all that much :lol: :?
Last edited by edwardsblossom on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage