General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
be my escape
Totally Inside Jacob's Mind

Jacob and Edward's relationship

Post by be my escape »

Discuss the various ways that Jacob and Edward ahve changed througout the series.
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jacob and Edward's relationship

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

In my eyes, Edward's become a bit more accepting of Jacob after seeing how he made Bella happy. Jacob has become a bit more fond of Edward, even though there is the factor that they're mortal enemies. I was completely shocked by Edward's request to Jacob. Frankly, I think it's sick. Why would you ask the guy, that has come close to date rape with your wife, to impregnate her? :?
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

I loved how their relationship progressed. It was nice to see them as friends by the end. It was a big loose end at the end of Eclipse but it Stephenie tied it up beautifully.

I thought that Edward's request showed how much he loved her. Throughout the books we see a lot of evidence of Bella's love ie: not being with Jacob, giving up humanity ect. This was one moment where we see exactly how much Edward loves Bella. He is willing to give her the choice of sleeping with "the other guy" if it will keep her alive.
wishiwerebella010
Settled in Forks

Post by wishiwerebella010 »

The relationship between Edward and Jacob is one that just is SO unpredicable. In my opionon one of the best chapters is the Fire and Ice chapter, it just pretty much summed up all the tension between them. (with the acward love triangle and everything) But i believe the biggest turning point in their relationship is when Edward calls Jacob his son in BD, i admit i shed a tear. It just proved how much their relationship evovled into respect and love.
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

Where is that quote? I've been trying to find it.
wishiwerebella010
Settled in Forks

Post by wishiwerebella010 »

BlueOrchid wrote:Where is that quote? I've been trying to find it.
page 723 near the bottom.=)
BlueOrchid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BlueOrchid »

Thank you so much! *runs up stairs to get her book*
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

The relationship that edward and jacob grew through BD was pointed more the care of both bella and renesmee. Besides that- they seem to be pretty polite to each other even though one is a vampire and the other is a shapeshifter. If SM does decide to write about renesmee or leah in other books- i feel thats where we'll be able to see how jacob and edward are to one another.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
nads
Settled in Forks

Post by nads »

i like the way their relationship grew better in BD. i like when jacob finally put some respect to the cullens, to Edward.
wishiwerebella010 wrote:The relationship between Edward and Jacob is one that just is SO unpredicable. In my opionon one of the best chapters is the Fire and Ice chapter, it just pretty much summed up all the tension between them. (with the acward love triangle and everything) But i believe the biggest turning point in their relationship is when Edward calls Jacob his son in BD, i admit i shed a tear. It just proved how much their relationship evovled into respect and love.
i agree with you
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Le-Petit-Mort wrote:In my eyes, Edward's become a bit more accepting of Jacob after seeing how he made Bella happy. Jacob has become a bit more fond of Edward, even though there is the factor that they're mortal enemies. I was completely shocked by Edward's request to Jacob. Frankly, I think it's sick. Why would you ask the guy, that has come close to date rape with your wife, to impregnate her? :?
When I read that part of BD, I was like "WTH? Are you crazy, Edward?". However, after taking some time to think about it - I understood him. He was so desperate. His wife was dying in front of him and he couldn't do anything. So, if Bella wanted a child and if she agreed to have a child with Jacob, giving up on that lethal pregnancy, which's result nobody could imagine, she could have. Edward would have done ANYTHING to keep her alive. Even give her to Jacob. I believe he wasn't thinking right. He was too far disturbed by fear of losing Bella.

About Edward and Jacob relationship, I believed things would have smoothed after Jacob imprinted on someone. Who would have guessed he would imprint oin Edward's daughter? :lol: I found quite ironic, actually. Even better than Jacob imprinting in a vampire!

And I have to give some credit to Jacob too. He grew a lot in BD. I think for the first time he had a chance to actually get to know the Cullens. And Edward. At first, he thought Edward was being weak and then he realized how much alike they actually are. And they both love Bella and Renesmee. So, for their both sake, I think it's wonderful they had become friends.