General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight1
Settled in Forks

Re: Jacob and Edward's relationship

Post by twilight1 »

Twilightlover101 wrote:I love how they finally got over their differences, prejudices and issues and found a middle line where they even liked each other.
I was, to be honest, shocked, grossed out, understanding, sad, and disgusted all at once when edward made his request. I was shocked because all of eclipse contradicted his request, grossed out because come on he just asked his mortal enemy and the *the other guy* to impregnate his wife, understanding cause i understood that he loved bella soo much he would do anything to ensure she lives, sad because he was so sad and in pain that he would ask such a thing, and disgusted because again come on.

I agree but i was mostly just disgusted :shock:
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

About Edward's request: all I have to say is that desperation makes some people do mighty strange things!
I Want to Believe
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

glstewart wrote:About Edward's request: all I have to say is that desperation makes some people do mighty strange things!
I agree! Edward was really grasping at straws, here. Not in his right mind at all!
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

bella's dream in twilight and nm of her in the forest with jacon and edward always made me think that in the end they would fight over bella until one of them died. and i was so happy when they finally got over their differences and edward said they were like brothers.
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

bella_love3 wrote:bella's dream in twilight and nm of her in the forest with jacon and edward always made me think that in the end they would fight over bella until one of them died. and i was so happy when they finally got over their differences and edward said they were like brothers.
I never made that connection! Good one, though. Talk about a red herring. I wonder if SM meant for that, or if it was just a fluke?
I Want to Believe
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

it seems like a fluke because the dream is used purposely twice and that seems to be when she realizes when Edward is a vampire and when she realizes Jacob is a werewolf/ shapeshifter. maybe the dream was only used to reveal the true creatures each character was and to foreshadow their conflict over her. but why in the dream is she scared for Edward?
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

I agree with Le-Petit-Mort!!

In Twilight Edward was so perfect! He put Bella first and it was just so romantic! I know I'm ony 15 and don't know much about love but it really moved me!
But then he left!! I was so shocked when Edward left! I still believed in him though! I read through all of new Moon where Bella and Jacob were together and it annoyed me. I didn't see how it was relevent! when the hell was Edward coming back?!
I saw Jacob as a stupid boy who just fancied Bella. An infatuation, that was it but as the series progressed my thoughts changed.
It was there love for Bella that bought them together and the fact that they wanted her to be happy. I think they saw her differently. Edward just wanted her. He needed her. Jacob wanted her compassion. When Edward asked Jacob to give Bella child I was shocked. Edward just didn't understand Bella and how she loved him whatever happened and what kind of man would ask that!
I think Edward learnt form Jacob. He let his hair down towards the end and lived a bit more dangerously which was what I wanted to see throught out the series.
I think they both resent each other but there relationship is and always will be Bella and Renesmee.
ImageEdward Cullen
ibelievealice
Settled in Forks
Location: in my Porshe driving around Seattle looking for the mall!

Post by ibelievealice »

In the begininning they were both so much like "normal" guys. They both didn't like each other because they both loved the same girl. That is one of the only normal things about them, how they responded to each other. After Jacob kissed her, I was suprise there was no fight between the two of them. I know at that age if that happened to me my boyfriend, vampire or not, would have found it impossible not to throw a punch or two at the violator. I know that it was deeper than just standard jealousy though. If they did that it would have started a war! Moving on... When Edward decided that he had to accept him rather than fight him the dynamics of their relationship changed. They realized they would be in each other's lives and they could fight it or accept it. Then they needed each other to fight against the enemy. This is pivotal. I think that if it weren't for Bella they would be great friends! I think Edwards request to Jacob was out of desperation. I don't think he actually wanted that to happen, Edward was not thinking straight and was talking out of fear. Their relationship has come along way! (to say the least)!!
Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.
caramelfudge_f70
Settled in Forks

Post by caramelfudge_f70 »

i want Jacob & Edward 2 get along beta. their priorities are to keep Bella alive & especially when it came to the fight in Eclipse he kept running the patrols for her safety. the way that they kept threatening each other was stupid. its not what bella wanted and if one tore up the other then bella would be very likely to ditch them.
Sameerah
Settled in Forks

Post by Sameerah »

Even if Jacob and Edward doesn't agree so much on a lot of things, they were able to settle their differences for Bella's sake. Both of them could become so selfless, so self-sacrificing just to make sure that Bella's okay. I was very much surprised when I read Fire and Ice in Eclipse with Jacob and Edward talking about how they feel for Bella, opening up their feelings and sharing their thoughts with each other. They could really get along if they want to.

Jacob and Edward has something in common, their love for Bella. And the way they felt about her, made wonders. It was a sacrifice for Jacob to leave the pack just to protect Bella and the Cullens. I loved him for that. He turned his back on his brothers and protect those he considered as enemies from the very start. Jacob and Edward could become really good friends if they want to. I'm just happy that they both know where they stand in Bella's life.