General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Jacob and Edward's relationship

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

umm if you go the personal correspondence it was one of the BD concerts - i'm sorry i don't remember exactly which one!

i've been looking at those for answers, and while they do give some, there are still a few that are just irritating me terribly that haven't been answered yet.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

Los Angeles Breaking Dawn tour:
Stephenie wrote:Q: Amanda says, “Why did Edward call Jacob “son” in breaking dawn?”

A: That was a real odd writing moment for me. Every now and then when I’m writing one of my character’s voices is so loud with a line I’m not expecting and it just takes me off guard. It happened in new moon at the end. And in this moment I realized that Edward had completely accepted Renesemee’s future and that Jake was going to be a part of it and there was no resentment. Everything was gone. Their happiness was, you know, in that moment the most important thing. And it’s totally cheesy but when I heard that as I’m typing, I burst into tears. It was very odd. I do that every now and then, it scares people.
HOFJ, what questions are you looking for answers to?
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

Esme echo wrote:Los Angeles Breaking Dawn tour:
Stephenie wrote:Q: Amanda says, “Why did Edward call Jacob “son” in breaking dawn?”

A: That was a real odd writing moment for me. Every now and then when I’m writing one of my character’s voices is so loud with a line I’m not expecting and it just takes me off guard. It happened in new moon at the end. And in this moment I realized that Edward had completely accepted Renesemee’s future and that Jake was going to be a part of it and there was no resentment. Everything was gone. Their happiness was, you know, in that moment the most important thing. And it’s totally cheesy but when I heard that as I’m typing, I burst into tears. It was very odd. I do that every now and then, it scares people.
ah, thanks hun!
okay, so that explains it.
but then again, i'm not quite worried about Edward calling Jacob 'son'. because, now i can definitely see all of them as ONE big family. although it does seems that Jacob doesn't need Edward as much as Edward needs him.
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

heartscreams wrote:...it does seems that Jacob doesn't need Edward as much as Edward needs him.
This statement puzzles me. Could you elaborate? :)
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

Esme echo wrote:
heartscreams wrote:...it does seems that Jacob doesn't need Edward as much as Edward needs him.
This statement puzzles me. Could you elaborate? :)
umm.. like Edward needs Jacob, because he can be quite helpful in most of the situations, like when Bella got pregnant. but Jacob doesn't really need Edward in any way. well, yea, Jacob needs Renesmee, but does he really need Edward?

hahahah, okay i may be wrong :?
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

That's an interesting point. I think it's more accurate to say that Bella needed Jacob and Edward acknowledged and accepted his importance in her life.

I can think of two times in Breaking Dawn where you are absolutely right: when Edward desperately asked Jacob to persuade Bella to let Jacob give her other children rather than keep the baby who was killing her and when Edward asked Jacob--as the true Alpha wolf descended from Ephraim Black--for permisison to bend the treaty and make Bella immortal.

In both those instances, Edward needed Jacob to help protect Bella's life. If we look at it the other way around (Jacob needing Edward to protect Bella's life), there were numerous times Jacob needed Edward. If the whole point of the "neediness" we're talking about is "the need to save Bella," Edward saved her:
  • from James
    from the Volturi
    from Jasper
    from Victoria
    from death after Renesmee was born
It's amazing that Bella's bad luck resulted in the need for the talent of two mythological beings to keep her alive! That's some powerful karma!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Esme echo wrote:Los Angeles Breaking Dawn tour:

thank you oh-so-much!!

the question of whether or not jacob was drawn to bella simply because she would carry nessie has been bugging me, mainly because i know it's not true, but i'd like to put an end to the silly speculation.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I'm on my way out of town. I think you're right, but I"ll think about it and see what evidence I can pull together when I get back! :D
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

when Edward called Jacob his son i busted out laughing then sobered up and said "ew." even if it is in-laws the fact Jake imprinted on Nessie was kinda weird
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
TheCullenBoysAreMine
Settled in Forks

Post by TheCullenBoysAreMine »

I think when Renesmee was born that pretty much sealed up all the resentment they had for each other,and now they seem like friends.lol.but still after all that hate and everything i was kinda surprised they would b friends so quickly....but i guess that's why imprinting is so powerful.lol.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me, I wanted to say.I've tried.
Oh and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
keep it light.

Bella and Edward,Midnight Sun.