We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Vampire Special Talents

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Id love to either be able to move objects without touching them :) Or have infared vision :)
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

Jazzy'sgirl112108 wrote:whatever benjamin did to get his ability.......it must have been something close to earth, like meditating or something. :roll:
I just finish reading that tread and I just like to link it with an interview of Stephenie (The personal correspondance #4 http://www.twilightlexicon.com/?p=54). There is a difference between the personally intensified and the special ability. So Benjamin didn’t need to have a personality close to the elements to manipulate it… And Kate didn’t need to have a personality close to electricity… :)

But Benjamin seems to have an interesting idea of good and bad and Kate seem to be a determined woman… That may be their personalities… From what I understand, the «superpower» thing is a kind of bonus… It doesn’t have to be link with the personality… Sometime, it is, but not all the time... Look at Alice, what trait of personality (I know for the asylum thing, and it’s not a trait of personality) will end up to give vision of future?

Sometime, the power seem to manifest before the transformation, like Alice one, Jasper and Bella. Maybe Benjamin was already able to control wind and maybe a flame like a candle and it have increase with his vampirisation. I like the image of a human Kate always with electricity in the hair! :)

But that only my opinion... what do you think of that?

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
alex1100p
Settled in Forks

Post by alex1100p »

The most plausible answer as to how Edward and Ben recurves those kind of powers is that they already had it as a human since Alice already had premonitions as a human why cant Edward and Ben have their power while as a human also the leader of Ben's coven said he knew he was special and he probably saw his power

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

Total Twilight Fan wrote:Id love to either be able to move objects without touching them :)
telekinesis would be AMAZING!
ColormeBSG
Silvirain

Post by Silvirain »

I'd like to have the power to control people. Make them do what I want. :lol:
Cryket
Settled in Forks

Post by Cryket »

• More than likely I think it is sort of a bonus for some and maybe an extension to something they already have for other. Like with Bell, she can already block others out as a human. But after the transformation she's able to black others not only from herself but others around her.
  • I think it might be the same with Jane too cause what personality trait could she have to be able to cause others physical pain. It would have to be more than just sheer hate for others or something of that nature.
  • But then I was thinking about Zafrina, and how she can create those illusions. What if that was just a supernatural extension of her imagination. And to project that imagination to others.

Maybe I might be repeating somethings already said but really I don't think it's any rhyme or reason as to why they have the powers they have.
"One step closer. I've died everyday waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you for A thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." - Christina Perri