General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Vampire Special Talents

Post by SenorGimp »

Everyone's talent is really believable and amazing. I mean, as a human, those things would be quite useful, and I could see how those particular gifts could manifest. But as for Ben's gift? The control over the elements? I haven't the foggiest how that would manifest itself when he was human.

To be honest, it sounds a little like Storm in X-Men.

Could someone explain Ben to me? Please?
Well, as far as Benjamin goes, I would assume he was a very nature-oriented youth, loved hiking, fishing, parasailing, all that stuff. I think that perhaps everyone is also putting a little too much stock into the whole "You've got to be a vamp to have a special power" theory. Bella, for example, had a substantial power even in her human life, she just didn't have the superior senses of a vampire to be able to harness it to its maximum efficiency. Likewise, I think that perhaps Benjamin did have some sporadic control over his power while he was still human, which is how Amun was able to discern what he would be able to do as a vampire, since amun does not have eleazar's (sp?) talent of knowing what someones talent is.
If you want to take this to a more "real life" scenario (I use the quotation marks, because I can't think of much of anything that feels more real than the story laid out in the twiligh saga), I think that what Jasper does as a vampire is likely very near to what i would be able to do were i to be changed.
I have an instinctive feel for the feelings and (we'll call them wavelengths) of others, often being able to talk people back from the brink of hysteria or sociopathic mental breakdowns. Not necessarily a "power" per se, but i think the example holds.

Aside from commanding an army, i believe that jasper probably had a great deal in common with me during his human "life".

Back to the point: Benjamin was likely a very introspective youth (you can tell exactly how mature and cultured and sympathetic he is through just the few instances of dialogue he has in BD), and having explored the contours of his own brain so thoroughly while similarly exploring the wonders of the world around him, the two kind of clicked together (nature and self-knowledge) to form a power that was likely manifesting itself unbeknownst to benjamin when Amun stumbled upon him...

Of course this is all merely speculation, i am not a historian, and would have a hard time studying a "fictional" history in any case.

And one last thing: To whoever posted something about "where are all the male twilighters out there?" after her boyfriend read only 100 pages of the first book and said he "wasn't into it"... We're out here, few and far between maybe, but as hopelessly in love with the story as any of you, and perhaps even more so since we do get that fabled look into the "hopelessly devoted" female mentality, and all of the reactions and ramifications therein...

Whew... these are my thoughts on special powers!!

Thank you for your time
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

I totally agree with Mr. gimp up there. Ben was probably very in touch with the earth to begin with, Edward most likely had a good knack for knowing how people were thinking, Alice had her visions even before becoming a vamp so we all know where that came from, Jasper was in tune with people emotions and was rather charismatic, and so on and so forth. Hey y'all wanna know whats cool? I'm the one who got the guy above me hooked! I'm so proud of myself :D

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

hooked on the books, and on you girlie-cue
hearts and smiles and stuff 8-)
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
kissmecarlisle
Settled in Forks

Post by kissmecarlisle »

I liked all the talents the vampires brought to the table. My favorite was Kate's talent. I would love to be able to zap someone when I got angry enough! ;)
Ichigo Kitty
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Ichigo Kitty »

kissmecarlisle wrote:I liked all the talents the vampires brought to the table. My favorite was Kate's talent. I would love to be able to zap someone when I got angry enough! ;)
Ah-hah! me too! and I also liked all the talents each vampire had. But to me, Renesme with her power of showing images in other people's heads I thought that was pretty cool. You can't really hurt anyone physcially with it but you can explain things without words like Renesme.
Ice and Fire co-existing together without destroying each other...

~ E<3B
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

By ur personality and othere things and what people say about u... What would u think ur power would be?

My friends say i would know random things like once i meet someone i would know everything about them... (b/c i know random facts about alot of things...)

or i would make people like me b y how happy i am or sumthing (i reallly doubt tht 1 lol)

and my fav :D My bff says tht I could mimic powers (ause i take little tibits of people's personality 2 make my own)
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

my power would be the abitity to track the cullens :) cuz i saud so :) :roll:

love CAM<3
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
WhenTheSunGoesDown
Playing Thunderball

Post by WhenTheSunGoesDown »

cullensallovamybinda wrote:my power would be the abitity to track the cullens :) cuz i saud so :) :roll:

love CAM<3
aahhah!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!
Imagejaspers army Major Isabel stark Mafia Elisa russoVoltui Renata
mrs0cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by mrs0cullen »

i think that all the powers are cool. and i think it's probably influninced by what they did or could do when they were humans. we didn't hear much of the human lives of some (and for rennesmee no human life)

bella-she could somehow block out edward :?: and she had a mental sheild to protect her and her family :D
edward- he might have been able to read people from the outside, maybe :?:
alice-????????????? no ideas maybe she could predict what would happen.
jasper- he might have been able to make people feel what he wants them to :?: :?:
TWILIGHT
giving hope to clumsy girls everywhere...including me
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

be my escape wrote:Discuss the various powers the different cvampiores have.

Edward-Mind reading
Alice-psychic
Jasper-can change emotions
Bella-Shield (mental)
Renesme-Show people her thoughts
Eleazar- Sense others power
Kate- electricity flows over her skin
Maggie- senes lies
Siobhan-makes people feel a certain way
Alistair-tracker
Charles-senses lies
Zafrina- can show people images or take away their sight
Ben-controls the elements
Jane-gives the sensation of being on fire
Alec-takes away all senses
Renata-Shield (physical)
Marcus- sesnes bonds
Chelsea- senses and breaks bonds
Aro-reads minds through touch
Demetri-Tracker
If not already had been said, please forgive me.

But you have accidentally forgotten James and Victoria.