General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
EmmettCullen534
Settled in Forks

Re: Charlie's Response

Post by EmmettCullen534 »

Well I thought, why didn't say that disease she got in South America really screwed up her body- that's why she's so pale...
hse_bldr
Settled in Forks

Post by hse_bldr »

How different would Charlie's reaction have been if Bella didn't wear contact lenses?
vampbball
Wandering Through Town

Post by vampbball »

hse_bldr wrote:How different would Charlie's reaction have been if Bella didn't wear contact lenses?
Yeah, that wouldn't have allowed denial, would it? He would have been frightened and angry.
The Architect
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by The Architect »

Hmmm, well it is his only daughter.
If the only thing in your world that you have left to love changes into something, but you cant know the full truth or you will lose her. What would you do...

Jacob mentally prepared him sorta, So he would have assumed she was akin to him maybe... We were also drilled that he was a man of few words, so why would he react now. It is simply have your daughter in your life and know very little or be told she is dead and suffer or have her leave and never see her again.

We could assume he was in shock of sorts... So he didnt know what to say, since we know he is not a eloquent fellow :P

Sorry if this doesnt make sense, im watching a show right now, if people dont understamd I will edit.

Leroy
What If I'm The Bad Guy?
MidnightMistress
Settled in Forks

Post by MidnightMistress »

I think he reacted quite "charly" I mean this is a guy who laughed when he was told his daughter was forcibly kissed. His inside probably screamed but like Bella stated in Twilight he's not in touch with his emotions. And I don't think he would scream or get angry with baby Renesmee in the room. I think I would react the same way, like: "Oh, okay..." A part of him was probably convinced he was dreaming.
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

A Normal person would probably have had a panic attack or shut down completely. I think Charlie's reaction just goes to show more of how much Charlie and Bella are alike. Charlie's a smart guy, I'm sure he figured out what Bella was, He just knows its better to not say anything at all. The fact that he could over look it so vehemently left me in awe, as He opened the door for Bella and asked where his son in law was...
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
Dazzled.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled. »

I agree,
I think Charlie knows what Bella truly is, he's heard the stories before.
And then seeing Jacob change right in front of him probably just proved that Bella was a "cold one" as they'd call them in the stories he's probably heard from Billy.
So, no, I wasn't too surprised with his reaction, although I thought he would of freaked out a little more.
But, Renesmee made him calm down, I think, seeing as she seems to "dazzle" just about everyone.
Everyone falls in love with her when they see her, so I think it calmed Charlie down to see that Bella was okay, (At least she wasn't dead.. In a way) And to see the beautiful granddaughter.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."
"Bout time someone scored around here." - Emmett Cullen
Bulldozer Trainee of EDC. Inc
hse_bldr
Settled in Forks

Post by hse_bldr »

If they do make a movie out of Breaking Dawn, who thinks it would be cool to have a scene of Charlie driving home and then muttering "Vampire" and then wincing at the word.
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

I don't think that he knew she was a vampire..mainly because he never seemed (seemed being this is my opinion) to know what Edward or Alice was. Maybe he just tried to ignore it if he knew and just tried to treat them as normal people. But then I think he figured they were SOMETHING when she became more like them, like Bella figured Edward was before she knew..I dunno, I just don't think he knows they're vampires..
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
hse_bldr
Settled in Forks

Post by hse_bldr »

In my opinion all the necessary things for him to presume were there when he confronted her. She was cold, intimidating for no apparent reason, beautiful, and she changed in different ways unexplainably. The only thing that she was able to do was hide were her eyes.

As he was leaving he also finally noticed they were abnormal by what they were doing. I wonder if he thought differently of Alice for example. Also in New Moon where Bella said "I wonder where Alice was hiding the food" When Charlie made her breakfast, where could she have possibly have hid it? Maybe she just at it and sucked it up, knowing she would have to cough it up later. I dunno I was just wondering about that part for some reason.