Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Charlie's Response

Post by Zoltan »

edward4ever wrote:
Zoltan wrote: I don't know why thats funny but after Charlie left on the ride home he was probably like "Well damn, my daughter is a vampire now. Great."
:lol: You're right! I can see him saying that!! Funny!

Zoltan wrote:And since Charlie knew the whole legend he might have been tipped off when one of the Cullen's touched him in those two years. Come to think of it in the movie it makes it kind of funny when Bella tells Charlie she has a date with Edward.

"Ive got a date with Edward Cullen"
"He's a little old for you isn't he?"
:lol: OMG! I remember the first time I read that, I thought the same thing too! "Holy Crow...he knows!!" :lol:

I think Stephanie made it so that Charlie basically knew what was going on but didn't ever say anything, he just went with it. He became especially aware the day he saw Bella after her change.
goldeneyedgirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by goldeneyedgirl14 »

Ok. This is my theory. When Bella was "sick", Charlie called alot. And he worried. Alot. And he was even willing to get sick, too just to see his daughter. But when Carlisle still refuses his visits, even after giving him an invalid hospital number, I think something clicks. Like, he realizes certain things that he noticed but is just now piecing together, along with all the new stuff. THATS when he realizes something funky is going on. And after Jake phases in front of him, that really just confirms his theory. He knows that the world has more than meets the eye.(sorry about the transformers line!) So when he see's Bella with Edward and Renessme, he realizes she is one of "them", whatever they are. But he doesn't really want to be in the know, most likely because it frightened him a tad, I think. He aws just happy to spend time with Bells and Nessie. So his reaction made sense to me, especially after I thought it through. :D
"Ooooooh, scary."- Emmet Cullen Breaking Dawn
Team emmet.
"I have alot of scars like yours, Bella."-Jasper Hale Eclipse
Team Jasper.
Both are so hot, why should I have to decide?
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

O, so basically Charlie just doesn't want to know what is up.
Well, how would you react if you found out that your 18-year-old daughter, just recently married, became a vampire, and also got pregnant with the guy (who you never really liked to begin with) and had a baby, who was half-vampire? I don't know about you, but my parents would have a heart attack.
I think that Charlie didn't want to have to blow up at his daughter, or have a heart attack and suffer himself, so he figured that ignorance is bliss.
I just thought of something... maybe he didn't want to freak out on Bella and seem like the 'mean' or 'bad' parent, so that Bella wouldn't want to just shut him out of her life like Renee did... hmm.
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
Zoltan
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Zoltan »

It was also hinted in the book that Billy told Charlie about "The Cold Ones". So when jacob phased and charlie saw Bella everything pretty much clicked.
vampbball
Wandering Through Town

Post by vampbball »

I think Charlie and Bella are very similar people, and Charlie's response was about what I expected. (He's a cop, after all; he's used to crises.) If there had been anything he could have done to prevent Bella from changing, he would have done it. Since the deed was done and Bella clearly still wanted a relationship with him...he sucked it up and tried to keep his cool. Better to have his daughter (and granddaughter!) in some form than not at all.

This is a bit off-topic, but what do you think happens with Renee? I don't care how scatterbrained she is, she loves Bella and at some point, she's going to want to see her daughter. Do you think Bella and Renee meet again with some crazy explanation, or is Renee told that Bella died? And...isn't it risky for Bella to live near Forks? What if she's seen and recognized?

:0( I guess I'm ready for a sequel!
andrea0908
Settled in Forks

Post by andrea0908 »

C'mon guys! Aren't you surprised; confused, worried that Charlie is somehow aware of what's happening to his daughter now? If he indeed is like Bella..not so and so overly reacted of what's going on around them...that this "supernatural things " do really exists. Do you think he will just sit down and not wonder not to ask anything further, nor investigate, nor research or whatsoever about what really had happened to his only daughter? Do you think he did not figure out that Bella is now a vampire? After visiting the Cullen's almost everyday to see Renesmee, Bella and the rest of the family, hugging them, kissing them and touching their ice cold skin. After he has seen in his both eyes, the phasing of Jacob, will totaly give him the idea of a supernatural world. And while hanging out with Billy and Sue, Sue especially whom their relationship grows intimate, wouldn't he even bother to ask them? Like...hey what really happened to Bella. Aside from that, Jacob is always Jacob who break the rules!He might have told Charlie everything after all, maybe when he became curious why Jacob was always with Renesmee. It is not his character to just ignore everything especially if it concerns to her daughter! He did not even ignore all the howlings he heard during the fight of vamps and wolves in Eclipse. He mentioned it to his daughter. Yet now that his daughter has totally changed a lot, the beauty of transformation is so visible in his eyes, he just ignore it and period. Wow!He even told Edward to stop telling him more lies. And accused Bella of not telling him or warned him before on the first place. Can he still be considered innocent to their world?

The "don't tell me more...","I don't want to..." words of him were very depressing that SM created these words only to excuse him from Volturis' judgment. Broke their one and only rule “secrecy of their existence". And pretend Charlie don't really know anything. Do you think the Volturi doesn't really have the reason to fight the Cullens? Renesmees' excused good, she is half-human! But how about Charlie? Isn’t he aware now? When Aro touched Edward and Renesmee, every single thought and memory, he surely knew. Edward was aware and Renesmee knew he grandpa Charlie who visited them in the Cullens' house everyday, except the time of gathering. Aro should have said, "Another human is aware of our existence". this human Charlie walks in and out of your house so comfortably.

Can Edward still hide it and excuse it, no! Sad to learn their only rule was actually broken. It was like hidden by the " don't and no" of Charlie's words and the Volturi did not even mention it. The memory was flashedback like a movie! That part was supposedly clear, not hidden. It is the only excuse they have! Maybe SM, don't really want a fight in her story. She doesn't like hurting her characters. The Cullen's and the allies could still win the fight! It's just that casualties are unavoidable. However, that makes a story heartbreaking yet beautiful. A happy ending is still possible. It’s wonderful if worth the efforts and sacrifices. Volturi's cowardice? It's out of character already. I don't picture them like that. They look at themselves so superior and so powerful, the reason why they continue to rule through centuries. It is not the cowardice that backs them off, it's the shame of being witnessed on how true will they to their words. After thinking that there was no other reason to destroy them...yet there truly was! Why they all forget it! How exciting should it been when the Volturi provoke the fight! But I want them down!Cullens should win!
Last edited by andrea0908 on Thu May 14, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I know it's Hard...But I Want to Believe that my Edward is REAL
mary
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: hanging out w/ Bella, Rennesme, and the other Cullens

Post by mary »

Ok. I think that the reason the Volturi didn't mention anything about Charlie because the Bella and the rest of the Cullens never told Charlie that they were vamps and that Bella had been turned into one. Yes, Jacob changed into a werewolf in front of Charlie, so that way he could break the ice and tell Charlie that Bella had changed. In the book, when Jacob was explaining to Bella and the rest of the Cullens what he had said to Charlie, he said that Bella was diff. and that she was more like the Cullens, but he never mentioned telling Charlie straight out that they were vamps. Therefore, he didn't know what they were, he just knew that they were diff. I mean, he may have figured it out on his own, it never mentions in the book anything else about it, but even if he did, he didn't tell them that he did, and the Voturi surely wouldn't know because it was only Charlie that knew, if he even did know. However, since Charlie didn't want to know any details about Bella's "condition", he may not have even looked into it, he may have just left it alone like he told them he wanted to do. Because he didn't want details, anytime he asked them a ques. (like about Nessie), they told him what the public would know. They basically told him enough to where he knew they were diff., so Bella could maintain some kind of relationship with him, and he could see his granddaughter, but not enough to where if the Volturi found out, it would put them in trouble. The only person he knew what they were was Jacob, and that was only because he phased in front of Charlie, and the Volturi don't have any control, nor do they care unless it interferes with them, what werewolves do. The only thing they care about is vamps. At least that's what I remember happening, and it's what I understood as to happening with Charlie and his "I don't want to know any details about it" attitude (like I said I don't believe he checked into it at all on his own time to figure out exactly what they were). Also, know that I think about it, when he would visit, they acted like they were semi-human still, and Nessie would bite him playing around, but Bella would warn Nessie ahead of time not to bite him hard enough to where it would break the skin. And also, on his very 1st visit, the one right after Jacob told him what he was, they had the t.v. going and were watching it, remember Emmett and his "finally (or was it at least) somebody scores around here" comments.

"Look after my heart, I've left it with you."
andrea0908
Settled in Forks

Post by andrea0908 »

Yes, they did not tell him the details. They just left it to how far will his theories go, whether or not he will exactly know who they are and what his daughter had become. This was same with Bella, Edward did not tell her who they are. It is their rule. She just figured it out after Jacob had told her about the "cold ones" and ended up researching about it on the net. This brings me the idea of the person being so important to you. You will not just ignore and leave everything about him behind so vaguely. You will definitely explore and know what really is going on. More so, if that person is your daughter, might as well ask her on the process,considering he was introduced already to their world.

In New Moon, when Bella rescued Edward's suicidal mission, they were supposed to be destroyed due to Bella's awareness. But Alice's pertinent vision of her transformation in the future saved them all. It was actually giving a chance to them because Aro is very much interested with their talents and Bella's silent mind. He found it interesting and so curious of what she will be having after that.

Granting, that if Charlie had known, only kept it by himself. Do you think Edward will not read his thoughts and store it in his mind, so Aro will have the chance to know those. With Aro not a single thought is unscapable? And the scenario of Charlie visiting her granddaughter Renesmee, whose talent is flashing back the memories she had. It would be like a movie being flashed back to Aro's mind. But he had not seen Charlie there, with Bella his daughter together, hugging or shaking hands or kissing goodbyes? Aro should even be more bothered by the idea that Bella and her father are so comfortably together and what, know their secret? He should have brought this up in the clearing asking the Cullens how far does this human being had known their world? It was absurd, totally hidden in the fourth book. Hidden in so much sense,so that everything will end up so perfectly and a happily ever after ending without giving even a single damage to everyone. Just spared it to the bad ones!
I know it's Hard...But I Want to Believe that my Edward is REAL