Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Charlie's Response

Post by Zoltan »

Yep thats probably what he would do.
booyouwhore
Settled in Forks

Post by booyouwhore »

I think Charlie's response sucked. I think to be quite honest that while I love a happy ending, Bella's was too happy. She didn't have to give up ANYTHING except her school "friends". If I had had my way he wouldn't know and she would have dissapeared, OR they could have made sure he knew everything. I don't like the too happy medium. Maybe thats just me.
foolinthemoon

Post by foolinthemoon »

booyouwhore wrote:I think Charlie's response sucked. I think to be quite honest that while I love a happy ending, Bella's was too happy. She didn't have to give up ANYTHING except her school "friends". If I had had my way he wouldn't know and she would have dissapeared, OR they could have made sure he knew everything. I don't like the too happy medium. Maybe thats just me.
No, I understand that. But, after re reading it a few times, I've learned to appreciate how much of Him Bella really has, and how his response, shouldn't have surprised me at all.
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
pixie_dust96
Settled in Forks

Post by pixie_dust96 »

i actually wasn't suprised by charlies reaction and it was along the lines of what i expected. The reason why i expected him to act calmy was for what Edward said in eclipse about choosing to believe what she was saying because he didnt want to know more. As well for the fact of how Bella reacts to Edward in the begining wasn't normal and it appears that she has many characteristics that Charlie has. And i think the first hint that he was going to react rather mildly was when he heard the wolves; where to me he didnt seem teriffied by the concept but rather cautious that they didnt come back into town to cause problems. So overall i think it was hinted at all along that he rather not know what was really going on, and that he truely wasnt scared by the situation.

Though i would of enjoyd a more eventful and shocking reaction to when he first sees bella, just to see how she and the other cullens would of reacted with their witty comments that are always enjoyable. :D
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Do you mean to say he always thought the Cullens were "different"
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Zoltan wrote:Do you mean to say he always thought the Cullens were "different"
I definitely think he did. If not before, then definitely after Bella got involved with them. I think he just accept their differences because as I believe he had said before- they were good people and never caused any trouble or anything.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

CantBreathe wrote:
Zoltan wrote:Do you mean to say he always thought the Cullens were "different"
I definitely think he did. If not before, then definitely after Bella got involved with them. I think he just accept their differences because as I believe he had said before- they were good people and never caused any trouble or anything.
Yeah with how much charlie likes alice and all.
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

I think that Charlie did know that they Cullens were different all along from some of the things that he said in the book. But, I think all that he cared about was getting to see Bella bc she had been gone since her wedding night and he just wanted to see her no matter what the condition was. For example if a child runs away from home bc she/he did something wrong and is gone for a while the parent doesn't care what really happened as long as they are alive and safe and home, I think that is how Charlie felt.

Also, did Charlie ever find out who/what the Cullens really are? (Don't know if this was discussed already and I didn't back thread so sorry if this is repeated) My impression was that he didn't, but he did know what Jake was bc he phased in front of him.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

I think he did know they were something, but he didn't ask Bella 'cause maybe he was afraid she wouldn't react good.
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Do you mean before or after Bella's change?