Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rosalie's Story

Post by Lioness Rampant »

^ thank you!
ColormeBSG
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

you're welcome lol
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

i found that i understood rosalie and her motives a bit better when i read her story, but in saying so i am still not a fan, i liked her much better in eclipse cause i finally understood why she behaved the way she did and she got a little warmer, but in BD we saw her as the same selfish creature because quite frankly she was more interested in getting what she wanted than anything else and that irritated the hell out of me.
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

Twilightlover101 wrote:i found that i understood rosalie and her motives a bit better when i read her story, but in saying so i am still not a fan, i liked her much better in eclipse cause i finally understood why she behaved the way she did and she got a little warmer, but in BD we saw her as the same selfish creature because quite frankly she was more interested in getting what she wanted than anything else and that irritated the hell out of me.
^ I second this brilliant person!
well said! and exactly my opinion- word-for-word!
ColormeBSG
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

in Eclispe when Roasalie tells the story it kind of confuses me becuase she tells the story and then you understand why she doesn't want Bella to become a vampire but Bella says you still hate me and she says sorry. That I don't understand; even after explaining her story she still hates Bella?
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

Twilightlover101 wrote:i found that i understood rosalie and her motives a bit better when i read her story, but in saying so i am still not a fan, i liked her much better in eclipse cause i finally understood why she behaved the way she did and she got a little warmer, but in BD we saw her as the same selfish creature because quite frankly she was more interested in getting what she wanted than anything else and that irritated the hell out of me.

have the same exact feelings as you do! lol i wanted to kill her in BD for being so selfish. but after nessie was born i started to like her a little bit again.. lol

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
love2travel
Wandering Through Town

Post by love2travel »

when Rosalie's story was told, SM showed her motivations and the reason why she couldn't like Bella... although I sympathize with her, she isn't an easy person to like especially after her obsession with the baby in BD...
however, I can sense that if SM does a spinoff of her story, it will also make for a good read...
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

bella_love3 wrote:in Eclispe when Roasalie tells the story it kind of confuses me becuase she tells the story and then you understand why she doesn't want Bella to become a vampire but Bella says you still hate me and she says sorry. That I don't understand; even after explaining her story she still hates Bella?
Yes, because in her opinion, Bella is throwing her life away being with Edward and stubbornly wanting to be a vampire. Bella has everything she wanted: humanity. Rosalie, as Leah, didn't apply to be a supernatural creature. And she hated it. I think part of the motive she hates being a vampire it's because she's not able to forget what happened to her when she was human. Maybe killing Royce avenged her, but she didn't have that feeling of closure she expected.

I had warmed up with her in Eclipse as well, but I got cold again after I knew about her thoughts in BD. What a horrible person she is.
babywerewolf
Settled in Forks

Post by babywerewolf »

From the beginning of the series, Rosalie has been my very favorite character. I don't agree with her blatantly bad behavior, or the disrespect with which she treats the love between Bella and Edward; however, I think her reaction to Bella's introduction into the family is the most practical. I loved Rosalie because she's not afraid to speak her mind. She's the only Cullen that addresses how truly selfish Edward can be - he's putting all his parents and siblings in danger so that he can have what he wants. I'm not saying that's wrong, but I love how Rosalie calls him out on it. And in BD, I don't think Rose gets enough credit for helping Bella through the pregnancy. Although she does it because she values the baby - not Bella - without her, nothing would have ended okay at the conclusion of the saga. And I couldn't stand Edward's snide comments about how Rosalie would risk Bella's life entirely to save the baby - adter all, isn't that what Edward's willing to do: risk the lives of all the Cullens for Bella? I love Edward, but I love Rose even more because she brings his hypocrisy to light. I love how strong her character is, and her story made me like her even more.
babywerewolf
Settled in Forks

Post by babywerewolf »

Lioness Rampant wrote:
^ I second this brilliant person!
well said! and exactly my opinion- word-for-word!
I agree - but isn't Edward the same way? Doesn't he put the well-being of his family below his desire for Bella? Sometimes it seems like he'll sell the Cullens down the river for Bella - which is okay. The only thing that bugs me is that most people hate Rosalie's selfishness but don't seem to mind Edward's.

:D