General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rosalie's Story

Post by E&BForever »

I never really thought Rosalie was bad, just rather on the snooty side. But if she was hurt terribly,I feel very sorry for her. :cry:
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I liked being able to read Rosalie's story it did help me to understand her a little better. But I don't think that excuses her behaviour or anything like that. I still see her as very jealous of Bella and hateful sometimes. I liked her a little better in BD but she still is by far my least favorite of the Cullen clan.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Rose's story in Eclipse... is, well, it's personal. I completely understand where she is coming from and I know the way she feels. I know the reasons she puts up the walls that she puts up. I know why she does the things she does. She's an ice queen to EVERYONE but Emmett. There is no denying that one. She resents the Cullens for their acceptance as to what happened to them. She didn't want it, and she would be willing to do anything to get the ending she felt she deserves. I can understand why she killed Royce and his friends. I can understand why she wouldn't drink their blood. I think that after reading her story and what lead to her becoming a vampire, I could relate to her a million times more than I could relate to Bella. But that's just me. And like I said, Rose's story is personal. It's something that so many women have to go through and it's something that stays with them for life. It's the reason that women hold on to their defenses so much once it's happened. Rose does what she feels the most comfortable with. She's protecting herself, which is something she wasn't able to do when she was attacked.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I think what got to me most about Rosalie's story is that she had everything she wanted taken away from her just as she realized what she actually wanted.

I never really started to like Rosalie the way I liked the rest of the Cullens. But hearing her story certainly made me appreciate where she was coming from more.

Image Image Image
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

When I first started reading I actually kind of hated Rose. But after reading her story I got a better look at who she is and why she is that way. I felt for her, I really did. Her story made me, maybe not exactly LIKE her but understand her and I stopped hating her. The way she acts is understandable once you figure out who she was and everything that was taken from her. In Breaking Dawn, we get to see a bit more of her maternal side, and that also gave me a lot of respect for her. She was willing to help Bella even though she had been so cold to her before and in the end you see that all she really wanted was for Bella to have the chance that Rose never did. I can get that, years after Bella was changed (had Nessie never been conceived) She may have looked back on her life and realized that she would have enjoyed being a mother. Adopting in the vampire sense of the term isn't quite the same as caring for a child, Rose of course would know that having seen her friend with her child and Esme with hers. Rose was looking out for Bella (in a slightly selfish way) and I can't find fault with her for that.

Oops... long post

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
sparkle you
Settled in Forks

Post by sparkle you »

I did wonder why Rose hated Bella so. Like the other post, I just figured it was because Bella was human and Rose wasn't. After reading her story, I did feel sorry for Rose. She had a lot taken away from her. I still feel that because Bella is human and wants to "throw" that away to become a vampire, Rose shouldn't treat her so badly. I mean it is Bella's choice, Rose could state her feelings about it but in the end Bella is going to make her own choice no matter what anyone said. She's stubborn. I also feel in BD the way she was treating Bella so nicely made me sick. I mean, she only wanted the baby and if that meant Bella died in the process, then so be it.
Cullen_Lover
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

When Rosalie finished her story I felt a sudden liking to her, and sympathy(I know weird right :lol: )BuT how her fiance and his friends beat her till they thought she was unconcious/dead then left her in the snow and ice to freeze I was very upset/angry at them. I wasalso kind of happy that they did that though because it saved Rosalie from a terrable and short lived marriage.
So when Carlisle came to save her I was very glad. Then she had a chance to get up all in that dudes face about it. Though I don't think it was necassary to kill the innocent guards. I understand why she was upset that she was a vampire and not had frozen to death that night long ago. 1. Because she loved children and now couldn't have any like her friend with the beautiful curly dark haired child. 2. Because she was so young when she "died". 3. Because she saw how much her fiance really cared. 4.Because she could never see her family or friends again. And 5. Was probably cause she couldn't get anymore "beauty" sleep :lol: (sry I just threw #5 in for fun.) But I really felt sry for her. And after that night Bella & Rosealie definately had a better realationship.

But that brings on other matters. I don't know after that if when Bella was pregnant if she was protecting her new found "friend" / sister in law, the baby, or both. I don't think she was protecting Bella but it could be a possiblility. Probably for me the most likely reason was she was only so protective cause she thought when/if Bella died which to her looked pretty probable she could have the baby. Beacuse she knew she could raise it because the baby was half vampire and even though she hated humans she loved that baby. Although she would most likely rename the baby, either because she just didn't like it or it also had Bella's mothers name in it. She would probably re-name the baby from something of her past or realated to her. Though their realationship definately got better I do'nt think she was protecting Bella . :roll:

So that is what I think of Rosalie's story/ Bella's baby.Thank Stephanie Meyer that Bella didn't die in the 3rd book, Rosalie get the baby, Edward go to the Volturi(for real this time), and have the Twilight Saga come to a tragic stop. So I am very thankful that didnt happen.

But in conclusion I have come to a better understanding and liking to Rosalie, since I heard the story.
ImageImageImage
FindYourTrueCalling

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Im still not that sure about Rosalie. After I read her story I did kind of warm up to her as a character and can see why she has this defense around her. Im glad she warmed up to Bella in a a way, but I was annoyed that she care more for the baby than her when Bella was pregnant with Renesemee. Shes a character that I could easily forget.
Emma.
xoxo
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
Kaitlyn8
Settled in Forks

Post by Kaitlyn8 »

when she was telling bella her story i finally understood (like tons of other people) why she disliked bella.
so i gave her the benefit of the doubt
when she was helping belle when she was pregnant you could see the nice side of her
but it was kind of sad that she was only nice to bella because she was pregnant
Nieceyou'redead
Settled in Forks

Post by Nieceyou'redead »

I still couldn't bring myself to like her that much even after her story.
I understood it, but thats about where it ended.