General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Rosalie's Story

Post by mlola619 »

Gitta wrote:I've alwyas thought that Rosalie was the most human in the Cullen family even before Eclipse. I mean it seems like all the Cullens are just so friendly and over loving . And lets be honest all people have some bad days when you're not beahaving very well and let the jelousy take over and Rosalie is the only one that shows that. In Eclipse when Rosalei tells her story I felt so sad for her and how much she's struggling to remain as little human as possible.
In "Miscalculation" on SM website acted Rosalie exactly like I would have and all she really wanted was to have a whole family again.

Agreed. I think that's one of the main reasons why i love Rosalie though it's an odd one. Sure she's not human, but she still really shows off normal human emotions...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
twiheartx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twiheartx »

before her story, and bd, it was always that she was just there, popping up once or twice.. she never mattered much too me. but after her story.. i felt for her a little bit more.. and then in bd.. i think that she was a bit obseseed with nessie... but she cared.. which makes her less "pigheaded"
so....
yup.
Magical Almost.
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I don't think that Rosalie cares for anyone but herself.
I think she is incredibly self-centered.
she did not want to save the child for the child's sake. she wasted it because a child was all she ever wanted. she wanted a child for herself. eveything Rose does- everything- is self-centered. even her relationship with Emmett is selfish!
and she doesn't care who suffers or dies- as long as she gets what she wants.
ColormeBSG
TimTamz
Settled in Forks

Post by TimTamz »

I totlly did not like Rosalie one bit. I thought she was stuck up and all that. But after reading her story, and reading about her during Bella's pregnancy, I thought.. Hey she's not THAT bad!
When life gives you lemons...
Throw them back and demand Edward Cullen
dat_chick215
Settled in Forks

Post by dat_chick215 »

midnight_fix wrote:I actually was ok with Rosalie up through eclipse. I felt in her reasons for disliking Bella were not unfounded in her way. But after breaking dawn I really couldn't relate to her anymore. She had one goal in mind only-getting that baby, and I believe the very high chance that Bella wouldn't survive meant nothing to Rose. The reason Rose originally gave Bella for not liking her was that she was giving up so much to become immortal which I took to mean the ability to have children. I get a feeling that even though Bella got the best of both worlds Rose would still find any excuse to not fully accept Bella or ever really be her friend. I just feel Rose is way to selfish, almost to a point were she really doesn't fit into the Cullen family dynamic for me. I could do with out her entirely. wow...that sounds harsh...oh well
I completely agree. Rose wan'sn't my favortie either. I understood that she didn't like Bella because she had the one thing Rose wanted and BElla was giving it up so easily, but the way she reacted to Bella's pregnancy was so selfish. She was protecting Bella and Nessie, but I think it was all for her agenda. In a way I think if we heard the story from Rose' perspective she in some way wouldn't feel bad if BElla died so that she could be the mother figure to Nessie. The only other reason she would regret this feeeling would be when she saw the pain in Edward and Nessie's eyes. Sorry this is just what i got from her story.
Forever Dazzled!
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

I was hardly fond of Rose in Twilight and New Moon. I knew she was jealous of Bella because of her humanity but still it's not the best reason to be horrible.

Eclipse helped me warm to Rose a bit more. There was more to her dislike for Bella other than humanity. I know Rose would trade EVERYTHING for humanity.... that probably would also include Emmett.

In Breaking Dawn I simply flipped. How could Rose disregard Bella's safety. I saw red when she went for Bella's blood. Mind you Bella's at fault aswell for using Rosalie's desires at her advantage. So in a way, it was tit for tat.

And now knowing what went on with her, Jasper and Edward in Midnight Sun I'm back to square one with her.

The girl has major issues.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i've always been a fan of rosalie. i don't know why, but i was always attracted to her. when the story was told in eclipse, i finally understood why i was always on her side of things, even when she didn't behave very well. she had such an awful background, and it seems to me that she has a good reason to be ignorant sometimes. like Gitta said, she acts the most human. Nobody is happy all the time, and it seems that Rosalie is the only one who goes out and shows her true emotions.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
LaTuaCantante1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LaTuaCantante1 »

after eclips, rose's action we understandable. in the begining of BD i hated her. i thought she was being so selfish for what was about to happen to bella. it seemd like she didnt care at all if bella died as long as she got her baby and it made me so made at her. after bella live i didnt hate her as much, but i am still kind resentful towards her
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

Lioness Rampant wrote:I don't think that Rosalie cares for anyone but herself.
I think she is incredibly self-centered.
she did not want to save the child for the child's sake. she wasted it because a child was all she ever wanted. she wanted a child for herself. eveything Rose does- everything- is self-centered. even her relationship with Emmett is selfish!
and she doesn't care who suffers or dies- as long as she gets what she wants.
yes! I completely agree. Im Breaking Dawn, people say they started to like her more but I on the other hand just ended up not liking her more. It felt like she was doing Bella's job and didn't want to let bella have a chance to mother her own child. I loved Jacob's thoughts on Rosalie in his book though. it was great. :D
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

inlovewithmyJasper54 wrote: yes! I completely agree. Im Breaking Dawn, people say they started to like her more but I on the other hand just ended up not liking her more. It felt like she was doing Bella's job and didn't want to let bella have a chance to mother her own child. I loved Jacob's thoughts on Rosalie in his book though. it was great. :D
As far as I'm concerned, Rose's story cannot justify her personality. She is just far too disgustingly selfish and vain.
yes- Jake's POV was great! "You.Got.Food.IN.My.Hair." - Priceless!!! :D
I disagree with anyone who thinks Rose is the most human. That's an insult! (to humanity, that is)
I am human, thank you very much. I would prefer to disassociate with Rosalie Hale as much as possible.
Rosalie is the hugest monster in the Cullen family.
and, btw, inlovewithmyJasper54, I totally love your avatar/sig!
I am a Jasper fan myself- like you have no idea!
ColormeBSG