Ok, so I am completely addicted to this project now, and I have finished reviewing New Moon. Other then eating, getting a few hours sleep, and doing mandatory tasks, I have just been READING!!! I went to see my family this weekend and I actually didn’t see them…as I was otherwise engaged, but I told them why I was reading the books AGAIN and they were so funny! My mom was like “you joined a FORUM!! The books to MUSIC!!! ….Maybe I need to introduce you to someone…..” haha
Anyways I am glad my review was helpful!! It was defiantly fun to do! I must say that I did like Twilight a tinsey bit better, but I am way bias because I like the book Twilight way better then New Moon. But that’s not to say that I didn’t LOVE reading New Moon to music too!!!! Again you did a fabulous job!!!
So, the first song that really hit me was-20 *** Page 71 – top of page (Edward leaves) *** 4.18 *** Goodbye My Lover *** James Blunt *** Back To Bedlam
– OMG I cried when I hear this and read the part! Hehe It was so completely perfect! (Sighs)
I decided I want to focus more on the blue listed songs (since there were no orange) rather than comment a lot on the songs that are already perfect/ pretty much perfect.26 *** Page 102 – The thick haze that blurred my days now was sometimes confusing. *** 3.32 *** Nobody's Home *** Avril Lavigne *** Under My Skin
– I liked this here. Yes it was a little bit of a departure for the total theme of the music, but I thought it worked. 31 *** Page 120 - “Bella, why don't you take off...” (at Newton's) *** 1.35 *** Untitled *** Better Than Ezra *** Deluxe
– I thought this was an interesting choice. I don’t know why but I expected a song with lyrics, but I thought it worked.33 *** Page 126 – After a minute of staring... (Bella takes motorcycles) *** 4.22 *** Unwell (Live Acoustic) (regular one works OK too, but I like the acoustic version better) *** Matchbox Twenty *** Matchbox Twenty : Exclusive - EP
– Even though this song is in green I just can’t help myself from commenting that it was sooo good! 39B *** Page 152 – School was the opposite (realizing no one at school pays any attention to her) *** 4.32 *** Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of *** U2 *** All That You Can't Leave Behind –
I liked both songs, and it was hard to chose between the two options, but I think I liked “B” the most.47B *** Page 184 – top of page (still learning to ride) *** 3.05 *** How Much Longer *** Eve 6 *** Eve 6
– Actually initially I liked “A” but when I went back I chose “B” . It was the drums!! It was great for riding motorcycles! 48 *** Page 187 – But this was only my first gear. *** 4.56 *** Big Empty *** Stone Temple Pilots *** The Crow
– This song was slower than the previous motorcycle songs, so I felt the change in tone was kind of sudden. But I understand that this is where she hears Edward, but I felt maybe a different song would have a better transition?
There was no blue for a while, but lots of good songs/choices!87 *** Page 353 – top of page (“I expected Jacob to meet me out front”) *** 3.38 *** Hurt *** Johnny Cash *** American IV: The Man Comes Around
–This was actually one of the songs that really stood out for me! I really liked this one…it was SO Billy! 92 *** Page 369 – The last picture was the only one that stuck in my head. (What if there were more to Paris?/If Romeo was really gone...) *** 3.23 *** Bent (Acoustic) *** Rob Thomas *** ?
You mentioned that this was not on the playlist, and it wasn’t also you mentioned 100 *** Page 400 – Carlisle was working nights in Ithaca and teaching part time at Cornell. *** 3.13 *** The Long Way Home *** Norah Jones *** Feels Like Home
which wasn’t there either. 93 *** Page 373 – "I'm so sorry," I whispered. (Would it be so wrong to try to make Jacob happy?) *** 3.57 *** Unintended *** Muse *** Showbiz –
WOW what PERFECT lyrics! You know, I think it’s funny that some of the songs you have chosen are like they were made specifically for this series! I have noticed that a lot going through all the songs! Haha108 *** Page 429 – I didn't think I wanted to know how bad the odds were *** 3.03 *** Fade Together *** Franz Ferdinand *** You Could Have It So Much Better
– I thought this was good, but I just didn’t like the beat, I felt the tone was too upbeat? It just reminded me of a sad clown…I don’t know how I got that…. 125A *** Page 500 – start of Chapter 23 (Bella wakes up with Edward and thinks she's still dreaming) *** 3.22 *** Love Ridden *** Fiona Apple *** When The Pawn... /125B *** Page 500 – start of Chapter 23 (Bella wakes up with Edward and thinks she's still dreaming) *** 3.30 *** The Truth About Heaven *** Armor for Sleep *** What to Do When You Are Dead
– Ugg..so torn! I really liked Fiona Apple because it was more sad and slow and really matched Bella waking up and thinking it was a dream and how she would get hurt but I thought it went more with page 511 when Edward tries to kiss her and she doesn’t let him for fear of more pain. The tempo for Armor for Sleep was a little faster then I was expecting, but lyrically it was perfect for this spot. 134A *** Page 538 – There was no sound, but suddenly he was there (Edward proposes) *** 6.28 (stop after 4.00) *** All I Want Is You *** U2 *** Rattle and Hum
134B *** Page 538 – There was no sound, but suddenly he was there (Edward proposes) *** 3.52 *** The Reason *** Hoobastank *** The Reason
– Again both GREAT! I liked U2 because it was slower, and I tend to think the slower the more tender sometimes. Also the lyrics all I want is you stood out which was fitting obviously. But then again, Hoobastank was more powerful so I felt more emotionally moved, plus the lyrics are so perfect for Edward!
On a different note, before Jake makes the change and he is still his happy sunny self when I was reading the book I had the song Lullaby by Shawn Mullins in my head. I listened to the song and I really like the chorus in terms that it is upbeat (like Jake at this point) and really sweet (Refresh: “Everything’s gonna be alright rock-a-bye, rock-a-bye”) I just could really picture this song for Jacob because that’s what he’s doing for Bella, trying to make her alright again. But after I listen to the song, I really think that it’s not good in the sense that he is talking for everything else but the chorus so it probably not the best choice.
I am so sad that I am halfway done now! But I am looking forward to Eclipse!! I saw that you are done the playlist, but I was wondering if you posted the list so I can follow along…I looked but I couldn’t find it, maybe I am blind. Thanks again! This was really great!