General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Favorite Book of the Saga

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I think Eclipse is the best, and also the most well-written. It has some of everything. It has a lot of Jacob, who I actually like in this book the best (I know, I'm the only one) and it shows both Edward's flaws and his strengths, as opposed to the eternally glowing view we usually get from Bella. I also like that there's an appropriate amount of action for the build-up. I felt like in Breaking Dawn she spent a third of the book building up to this conflict that never really happened. All that suspense for no real gratification.

I also enjoy Twilight. I think Edward leaving in New Moon really affected him and Bella so deeply that they were never the same again, they both became a little sappy and frankly, a little boring IMO. In Twilight, Bella's still a person outside of just her relationship with Edward, and Edward is still fun.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

For the longest time, Breaking Dawn was my fave book ot of them all. I reread the whole books again a few weeks ago and I have to say that Eclipse if my #1! You get so much more about them all, particulary Jasper and Rosalie. It just seems like it was a crucial point of time for everybody I think.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Egg_Wood
Settled in Forks

Post by Egg_Wood »

Eclipse for sure!!!
Twilight was good of course, I just wish there was more moments when Bella and Edward are kinda of teasing each other i.e. when Bella knows Edward is listening to hear.
New Moon, honestly after the break up scene when the book goes through the months he is away...I have never when reading a book felt as bad as I did when I saw that.
Eclipse, Amazing
Breaking Dawn.....well there are some good bits :D

But oh Midnight Sun! I dont think I have ever be so obbessed with something like that ever, I know I probably wont get liked off some for saying that in like 260 pages or so it surpased twilight with flying colours. I love that script so much and I dearly dearly hope that some how in the future that it gets finished and incorprated into a movie to mix up the Twilight. Just my opinion. :D
BellaEdward4ever
Wandering Through Town

Post by BellaEdward4ever »

Twilight will always be my fav,its how it all started you know? and my 2nd fav is Breaking Dawn
Imagecredit fanpop
jonilee73
Settled in Forks

Post by jonilee73 »

My favorite book of the series has always been Eclipse, from the moment that I started reading it. I was so desperate to read it that I went to Borders and sat there for 8 hours and read it cause I was broke and couldn't buy it. I did eventually buy it and Breaking Dawn. I think I love Eclipse because the love between Edward and Bella is so pure in that book. In Twilight it is just starting out, and it happens so fast that you are almost left wondering how and why they fell in love. In New Moon, he leaves her. But in Eclipse you basically get to watch the relationship develop and you begin to truly understand the depth of the love they share.
Forbidden to remember, terrifed to forget
You compare one small tree to the entire forest.

Insatiablebadgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by Insatiablebadgirl »

My favorite book of the series would easily be Eclipse; it had the most action in it as far as a large battle, the death of Victoria. The mystery of who was in Bella's room. The love that Jacob had for Bella intensifying beside Bella/Edwards relationship changing into a more grown up, in depth relationship other than Bella being dazzled and Edward being overprotective and brooding. ;)

Also, it has some of the best parts in the entire series - The story of Jasper. The story of Rosalie. The Quileute (pretty sure I misspelled that) Legends. You know the pack better and you really start to feel for Jacob's torture in this book and start to feel sorry for him. In New Moon he just seemed like a love sick teenager, but in Eclipse you can tell how deeply he was hurt.

Anyway, Eclipse is my favorite, Breaking Dawn my least.
asif
Settled in Forks

Post by asif »

I really love the first book, Twilight. It's so incredibly romantic and exciting. It seems like everything is going to be fine between Bella and Edward, and that they're going to live happily ever after or something. Twilight really made me jealous at their relationship and how both was absolutely immersed by the other one.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Eclipse, is my absolute favorite book. I think it is because so much happens, and they learn and experiance so much. Bella finally realises that being married to Edward would not be that bad. We get the 'twins' backstories, and they are told in a way that also advances the plot and answers the questions we had. The Treaty with the wolves becomes stronger, and I think they realise that not all vampires are as bad as their ancestors first thought. And Victoria's plan finally comes to a head, using the age old Newborn Army offense, and Jasper gets his time to shine. Also, the ending is brilliant,and the short bit from Jacobs point of view sets you up for Breaking Dawn and you get an insight to what he really feels.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Twilightnoob21
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilightnoob21 »

Well I'm reading twilight number one so I guess it has to be the first one! Lol :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
wolf-girl0221
Settled in Forks

Post by wolf-girl0221 »

Hmmmm... My favorite? Once upon a time it was New Moon. The reason for that was because that kind of how things were going for me in my life. Every time I turned a page it was like watching my life play out and then after a bit it kind of became a prophecy. I found my Jacob and after a while he became my Edward. Granted, things aren't nearly as perfect with him as they are for Bella and Edward.

Then I deployed and I spent more time reading the books than I did while I was home. My favorite changed again and it turned out to be Eclipse. Mostly because things between Bella and Edward began to change. Not in a bad way or anything. Just that you began to get a better grasp of how much he loves her and what he was willing to do to keep her safe and alive. I also liked how we got to get a look at Rosalie and Jasper's stories. That was very informative and interesting. I'm re-reading the saga again and I'm on Eclipse yet again. ^_^ Yes, I'm a very happy wolf-girl right now despite the fact that there is no 'real' work for me to do right now.
I'll be waiting for you until yourheart stops beating. And maybe even after that.