General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Favorite Book of the Saga

Post by The Dark Knight »

Eclipse is my favorite book, if Midnight Sun ever get finished it will likely take the top spot. Followed by Twilight, Breaking Dawn. I am not a fan of New moon...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
TNO
Wandering Through Town

Post by TNO »

My favourite book was probably Eclipse. The plot (as I recall) was set up much earlier in the book than it was in Twilight or New Moon (well, in NM the plot started right away but it didn't really go anywhere...), and Eclipse actually had a somewhat exciting, dangerous-for-the-protagonist climax, unlike Breaking Dawn. I mean, Bella cutting herself with a rock to protect, not her precious Edward, but a mere friend, Seth? Win. That was one of the few moments when I actually liked Bella.
Furthermore, good guys were actually injured in Eclipse, something which did not occur in Breaking Dawn despite the huge buildup to the battle. That was kind of refreshing, seeing Meyer's little darlings getting hurt. Personally, I like torturing my characters, both mentally and physically, and I prefer books in which characters are in actual, physical danger to books with super-happy endings.
Also, we actually saw Victoria being killed, as opposed to Twilight where Bella blacks out and misses the climactic fight entirely. That was nice.
My second favourite would probably be Twilight, but it's not even close. BD ties with NM for last place, because I hate angsty characters (even angsty characters who have a reason to angst) and happy endings.
edwardsblossom
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

The Dark Knight wrote:Eclipse is my favorite book, if Midnight Sun ever get finished it will likely take the top spot. Followed by Twilight, Breaking Dawn. I am not a fan of New moon...
What exactly don't you like New Moon? I'm sure there are plenty of reasons, but I'm curious. :?: :)
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
Heather76
Settled in Forks

Post by Heather76 »

I would have to choose New Moon, I read Twilight, and it was GOOD! But New Moon pulled me into the saga. I could just feel the pain Bella was going through when Edward left. I could not eat the when I was reading this book, I was so sad. I just keep thinking, What would I do if my husband left me like Edward left Bella. And how Jacob just filled her pain like he was the only bandage she had. and when Alice came back, I felt warm. and the rush to Edward, Bella gets to be the hero, she gets to save Edward. Eclipse would have to be# 2. Breaking Dawn???? at first (after reading) I almost did'nt like it! a little upset at the streach of reason, but after reading it again I came to like it more. But it is my least Fav.
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

mixie wrote:Gahh this is really a hard one to anwer.. I just love all of the books!

Twilight - Because we get introduced to the love between E&B and it's just so sweet. Reading it made me want to find my own Edward. I think it's the one which mostly is about Bella and Edward before all the magic stuff. It's just the greatest love story ever written, it beats titanic and romeo&juliet by miles!

New Moon - This book is the most heartbreaking in the saga. I cried so much when Edward left and really suffered with Bella the whole time he was gone. I'm 100% Team-Edward so I didn't really like all the Jacob stuff, but I guess that's the point cause you truly understand Bella and how much she misses Edward. Also, the end is one of my favorite parts in the whole saga. I love the line "Before you my life was..". Give me Edward!

Eclipse - I like Eclipse because of the development of E&B's relationship. I think it really gets serious during the book. It also includes many of my favorite quotes and of course the proposal. But I'm having a really hard time with the end. I hate the Jacob part when Bella realizes that she loves him. I just can't understand that she really thinks about being with him, after everything she and Edward have gone through. I hate to see how it hurts Edward and how truly and deeply he loves her, so much that he's even ready to let her go. I was so angry reding this.

Breaking Dawn - During the two first book (Bella's and Jacob's) I was so confused. Everything was so different and I didn't really like it. The feeling between Edward and Bella had changed so much and it wasn't as sweet as before. But I loved it after Bella was transformed, I always wanted her to become a vampire! Yes, it changed everything betwwen E&B, but it didn't get worse. At first, I didn' like Nessie cause came between E&B and took all of Bella's attention but, like everyone else, I just couldn't resist falling for her. And she actually made the band between E&B even stronger. Another reason why I like Nessie is because Jacob imprinted on her. The one thing in the saga that always bothered me was Jacob and Bella's feelings for him. Now that he got his own happy ending and didn't try to distroy E&B's relationship I could finally enjoy Jacob. He really is a crack-up! I liked the ending too, and the fact that it didn't turn into a fight. I didn't want the Twilight saga to be a fantasy story with all the supernational stuff, because I think it's mainly a love story. And I really think E&B deserved to get their happily ever after, they really went to hell and back to get eachother!

But if I have to choose I think I would pick Twilight and BD.. Or NM hehe

I totally agree...I am 100% Team Edward...but after reading the saga a few times I learned to appreciate him for what he did for her in NM and he is such a crack up with the chapter titles...lol. Renesmee was a complete suprise but once you saw how cute she was I got used to her. Well thats all I've got for now don't think I could have said it any better.
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
Ishbel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Ishbel »

It would definitely be New Moon for me for some reason it was the one I read the fastest (in relation to the length of the books) and I just really felt for Bella throughout New Moon.
Team Seth
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

New Moon. Mainly from Italy onwards. I love it cause it makes both Bella and Edward realise how much they need each other.. and how perfect they are... how they're made for each other.

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

edwardsblossom wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Eclipse is my favorite book, if Midnight Sun ever get finished it will likely take the top spot. Followed by Twilight, Breaking Dawn. I am not a fan of New moon...
What exactly don't you like New Moon? I'm sure there are plenty of reasons, but I'm curious. :?: :)
Sorry for not seeing this earlier...I have a big problem with Edward leaving Bella. It just not excusable to me. He's running from her when thing get tough. It's very cowardly of him and it destroyed my respect for him for all time. Up till then he was an OK character, bit exocentric but ok. After that he became a waste of skin for me. That's why I just can't pick up New Moon again to read it. Hope this answers your question...

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

New Moon is my favorite book because of the sacrifice that Edward makes when he leaves. The leaving scene and when he tells her that he doesn't want her, and it actually makes perfect sense to Bella. The first time through I was frantic and desperate to get Edward back. But now I enjoy all parts of it. The way Bella is around Jacob is also proof of her love for Edward. We get to see her trying to regain some strenght, and realizing that there is only one thing she needs. And we see that Edward is with Bella all the way, always in her heart. And from Italy and onwards, like Jade said, is just perfect. It is where they see that they can't be without each other and that they will make it work somehow. It's a perfect book.
I also like it because it gives Bella the chance to show some strength. She gets to be the one to save Edward instead of being the damsel in distress. It turns the power balance a bit in their relationship IMO.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Dovrebanen wrote:New Moon is my favorite book because of the sacrifice that Edward makes when he leaves. The leaving scene and when he tells her that he doesn't want her, and it actually makes perfect sense to Bella. The first time through I was frantic and desperate to get Edward back. But now I enjoy all parts of it. The way Bella is around Jacob is also proof of her love for Edward. We get to see her trying to regain some strenght, and realizing that there is only one thing she needs. And we see that Edward is with Bella all the way, always in her heart. And from Italy and onwards, like Jade said, is just perfect. It is where they see that they can't be without each other and that they will make it work somehow. It's a perfect book.
I also like it because it gives Bella the chance to show some strength. She gets to be the one to save Edward instead of being the damsel in distress. It turns the power balance a bit in their relationship IMO.
This all makes sense to me, the reason why is you relate to Bella. In New Moon she blossums into an adult and proves her love to him. To me he just never proves to her that he loves her the same way. Relating to Edward in this instance, he running scared and using the BS line, "it's for your own good." To me it has the oposite affect, he's not scacrificing for her, he's quiting on them. This just doesn't sit well with me. Hope you can understand where I'm coming from..